Pre-Game Talk: Game 4: Sens @ Bruins April 19, 7:30 p.m., NESN, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Expecting the Bruins to have a big push back early. They definitely don't want to go back to Ottawa to potentially get eliminated.

If we can somehow keep our PP success up and Andy provides above average goaltending we got a good chance to go home to an electric crowd for an elimination game. Hopefully the Sens come out with a killer instinct.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Sounds like C. Miller will be healthy enough to skate for Game 4 - so Cross likely back out.

alfierulestheworld

Apr 19, 2012
Keep your expectations low boys, I mean we are a terrible team, that does nothing but dive and get saved by the refs. Not sure why we're are even playing to be honest.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Keep your expectations low boys, I mean we are a terrible team, that does nothing but dive and get saved by the refs. Not sure why we're are even playing to be honest.

Gary Bettman changing the rules so the Canadian teams win

Rogers pays more than NBC for tv rights, so, that should shut up any of the conspiracy doubters

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa

Terrible attitude.

We're in this to be first to congratulate the Bruins. Hopefully we get better refereeing next game to end this charade, the sooner the better.

Seriously, though, if we stop giving away the one or two freebie goals against, we should be able to beat their full roster.

alfierulestheworld

Apr 19, 2012
The

Terrible attitude.

We're in this to be first to congratulate the Bruins. Hopefully we get better refereeing next game to end this charade, the sooner the better.

Seriously, though, if we stop giving away the one or two freebie goals against, we should be able to beat their full roster.

Hey I thought I saw the sens score some real nice classic goals, but clearly that didn't happen as we have no skill. And to be frank, I am embarrassed by the embellishment and soccer type dives we employ. An investigation is needed ASAP to get to the bottom of this, because I mean it's impossible that our crap team is winning!

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Terrible attitude.

I read that with a :sarcasm:

Some people just like to stir people's emotions :P

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Expecting the Bruins to have a big push back early. They definitely don't want to go back to Ottawa to potentially get eliminated.

If we can somehow keep our PP success up and Andy provides above average goaltending we got a good chance to go home to an electric crowd for an elimination game. Hopefully the Sens come out with a killer instinct.

Agreed, if Ottawa can get good goaltending for the entire game & the team finally play well for three periods they should be able to win it. They need to reduce the amount of errors & gaffes & as you say keep the PP working. Should be fun. :popcorn:

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
The B's board is so funny and makes the win so much better.

Any Bruins fan calling another team dirty and embellishing is just downright laughable. They've had the worst reputation in the league forever adn they've earned it.

Oh well seeing them get a taste of their own medicine is amazing. **** them and their ****** fan base.

Bunch of classless losers throwing **** at the other team like a bunch of crying babies. LOVE IT! Go Sens Go! Let's put them on the ropes tomorrow and knock them out on Friday

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
We're actually very fortunate to be up 2-1 in the series given how terrible Anderson has played. There's no excuses anymore, he has to be better.

.892 s% :help:

that's 0.005 better than Elliot's 0.887, whose team is down 0-3.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Agreed, if Ottawa can get good goaltending for the entire game & the team finally play well for three periods they should be able to win it. They need to reduce the amount of errors & gaffes & as you say keep the PP working. Should be fun. :popcorn:

It's extremely difficult to play well for a full 3 periods given that there is another team trying to do the same. Just got to reduce the number of breakdowns and inability to clear the zone.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
We're actually very fortunate to be up 2-1 in the series given how terrible Anderson has played. There's no excuses anymore, he has to be better.

Too be fair, Rask hasn't been much better either. .898 save percentage.

I do agree though that the Sens need better goaltending.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Sens holding Boston to just 24 shots per game on average. Lowest in the playoffs.
In regular season Boston was shooting 33 per game. Only Pittsburgh had more.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

In Anderson's defense, Tukka Rask has a sub 900 save percentage as well. It's a small sample size, and there have been some strange goals with 2/3 games being high scoring.

With that said, it doesn't completely absolve Anderson and there's certainly a story there if his numbers don't pick up. It's peculiar because Anderson is a big game goalie. Maybe that, and us winning 2 games so far is enough to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
In Anderson's defense, Tukka Rask has a sub 900 save percentage as well. It's a small sample size, and there have been some strange goals with 2/3 games being high scoring.

With that said, it doesn't completely absolve Anderson and there's certainly a story there if his numbers don't pick up. It's peculiar because Anderson is a big game goalie. Maybe that, and us winning 2 games so far is enough to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I do really think that the low shots is making Anderson lose focus a bit.

It has in the past been known that Anderson does well when he faces a ton of shots.

Going through one period where he faces no shots or a period where he only faces 4 may be tough on him.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I do really think that the low shots is making Anderson lose focus a bit.

It has in the past been known that Anderson does well when he faces a ton of shots.

Going through one period where he faces no shots or a period where he only faces 4 may be tough on him.

I think its enough we the excuses now
Nichole is a perfectly normal excuse no problem but the
He's rusty
He doesnt do wraparound
He was screened for all the goals
Hes not facing enough shots
Last year he was facing too many bla bla bla

The team is playing their heart out in front of him just to be defleated by a stinker for the last month

When hes on he is really good

We need that Andy back

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Time for playoff Burrows to show up. Andy needs to have his best game of the series.

We win 3-1 with goals from Hoffman, Burrows and Karlsson.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
Anderson's been playing average, not terrible! Enough bashing our #1 goalie! But I do agree that he can be better! We need BEASTMODE Andy back! Also calling it right now, Stone score his first tomorrow!

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Worried about this game. :laugh:

Every Canadian team loses in game 1.

Sens, Habs, Oilers and Leafs win in game 2.

Sens, Habs, Oilers, and Leafs win in game 3.

So far the Habs and Oilers lost in game 4.

Please don't let the pattern continue for the Sens.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Worried about this game. :laugh:

Every Canadian team loses in game 1.

Sens, Habs, Oilers and Leafs win in game 2.

Sens, Habs, Oilers, and Leafs win in game 3.

So far the Habs and Oilers lost in game 4.

Please don't let the pattern continue for the Sens.

I'm fine if the pattern continues for Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad