Pre-Game Talk: Game 4: Sens @ Bruins April 19, 7:30 p.m., NESN, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Well being heated (overly aggressive) got them in the situation they find themselves ATM.

It wasn't a bad strategy given how inept Ottawa's PP has been, but it is a losing one if the Sens can convert there PP opportunities with any consistency.

Ottawa is the better team right now, Boston's D is decimated, so if the Sens can keep getting the puck deep behind the Bruins D they have a great chance to come home up 3-1.

PS of course Andy has to play like Andy can!

Yup, if being heated means looking to be physical at the expense of game play bring it on. The Sens used to do that in the old Leaf series. If the Bruins funnel it into energy then it will be a first period to get through.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Stone is so obviously injured right now with a LBI. He was already a slow skater before, and he's even slower now. I swear he's skating at 60% speed right now. He's still doing his thing and being a net positive when he's on the ice, but I'm not going to hold my breath expecting him to break out offensively.

The guy I'm most disappointed in right now, besides Andy, is JGP. I thought for sure he'd be stepping up big time in the playoffs. He seems to be playing a bit tentative and a bit scared. I have no idea why. He's been great for us in the playoffs in the past. I don't think it's an injury either, since he played that last game of the season in NYI.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Stone is so obviously injured right now with a LBI. He was already a slow skater before, and he's even slower now. I swear he's skating at 60% speed right now. He's still doing his thing and being a net positive when he's on the ice, but I'm not going to hold my breath expecting him to break out offensively.

The guy I'm most disappointed in right now, besides Andy, is JGP. I thought for sure he'd be stepping up big time in the playoffs. He seems to be playing a bit tentative and a bit scared. I have no idea why. He's been great for us in the playoffs in the past. I don't think it's an injury either, since he played that last game of the season in NYI.

JG can't finish and he's had some real good looks so far.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

Knee was there for sure. He's back to covering that off I think. Its his stick work I'm watching now.

His stickwork is fine. He just can't get the separation he needs because of his knee injury. Look at our OT goal in game 2. He just stickhandled in one spot and showed great patience to set up the goal by Phaneuf.

phillyknuckles

Jun 17, 2006
Philadelphia
I still can't get over how much better Bobby Ryan has looked this series. It's like his inner Anaheim Duck has woken inside of him and he's finally playing like the player everyone's expected from him this whole time. I guess he just prefers to sleepwalk through the regular season. Whatever it is, I'm glad to see this new look.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I still can't get over how much better Bobby Ryan has looked this series. It's like his inner Anaheim Duck has woken inside of him and he's finally playing like the player everyone's expected from him this whole time. I guess he just prefers to sleepwalk through the regular season. Whatever it is, I'm glad to see this new look.

He doesn't like playing hockey for money, he's not a regular season guy. he gets going when the paychecks stop.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Bobby and Brassard are showing (3 game sample size) what we hoped would transpire when putting them together.

Brassard
Ryan

Hoffman
Smith

Have been our top forwards thus far. That's both bad, and good. Bad in that Smith should never be our 4th best forward in a playoff series and we have guys struggling, good in that if Stone and Turris can get their heads out of their *****, we should become much better.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Maybe they should let Anderson see more shots this game.

Not saying give up high quality chance after high quality chance, but let him save some more perimeter shots instead of blocking them.

He has been one of those goaltenders that succeeds on high amounts of shots.

I wouldn't be surprised if these low shot periods are affecting his focus.

SevenOfSpades

Dec 9, 2010
Bobby and Brassard are showing (3 game sample size) what we hoped would transpire when putting them together.

Brassard
Ryan

Hoffman
Smith

Have been our top forwards thus far. That's both bad, and good. Bad in that Smith should never be our 4th best forward in a playoff series and we have guys struggling, good in that if Stone and Turris can get their heads out of their *****, we should become much better.

I'm really happy Ryan and Brassard getting going. I think that Stone and Turris will eventually put it together, especially if we make it through to the next round. Both have a tendency to go through cold streaks, but usually they don't last long.

Frankly I don't think it's a big deal to have a couple of your key guys go cold. When you don't have the hot hand, you play hard and don't make yourself a liability. If we're hoping for a deeper playoff run, we need contributions from every line at some point.

With regards to Smith, that guy is built for playoff hockey. He's the Andrew Shaw of our team: the sand in the opposing centre's vagina. Not surprised he's having a good series so far.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Really need Andy to step away from that .892sv% he has and shut down the Bruins. He needs to steal a game for us!

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
Stone just does not look right. I'd suspect he has a pretty serious injury that is restricting his movements, especially around shooting. He seems to be able to "get in the way" of opponents as opposed to steal the puck and turn it back up the ice. His shot count is way down and those he does take seem softer than usual.

Warrior, no question, but a little time to heal might do him a ton of good.

Lets win the next two!

Agreed. He took a hit in the Boston zone last night and he just stopped moving, straightened right up and paused for a second or two. He looked like he was flexing his back or hips. I think it was in the second and it was only a quick flash as the play was moving back to the Ottawa end but something is definitely wrong...

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I'm ready. 5.9% ready by volume.

liberty_ale_bio_can.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad