GDT: Game 4: Flames vs. Oilers part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
You can tell the refs heard all the critisims from the last game.

They've put the whistles away so there is no chance anyone can accuse them of rigging the results in the 3rd period.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
"We both knew we were going to have to walk by the Islander locker room, and we were dreading it: having to see all the happy faces, the champagne shampoos, the girlfriends' kisses, the whole scene we wanted so much.
But as we walked by, we didn't see any of that. The girlfriends and the coaches and the staff people were living it up, but the playeres weren't.
Trottier was icing what looked like a painful knee. Potvin was getting stuff rubbed on his shouler. Guys were limping around with black eyes and bloody mouths. It looked more like a morgue than a champion's locker room.
And here we were perfectly fine and healthy. That's why they won and we lost. They took more punishment than we did. They dove into more boards, stuck their faces in front of more pucks, threw their bodies into more pileups. They sacrificed everyting they had.
And that's when Kevin said something I'll never forget He said, 'That's how you win championships'"

-Wayne Greztky, "Gretzky an Autobiography"

Twas an awesome book. And that's the player culture these days. It's just a game where they get paid a lot and meh attitude. Doesn't help the vets take it easy too

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
the look on J.Schultz's face during the timeout... "yeh we are not winning this game coach"

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
Indeed they are but the Flames were the 27th ranked offense last year. Like I said, only Kipper kept them from being a bottom feeder.

This isn't the same Flames team, if you haven't noticed yet.

Hudler and Cervenka have both looked great tonight. Bouwmeester is in vintage form under Hartley. This is clearly a better team than last year.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
everything is 1 v 5. ONly time i see this team make passes is on the pp. If they could do that even strength then the offense would be formidable.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I don't get why Hall can't just dump pucks in. You're not going to beat 2-3 players, man. Dump it in and use your speed to chase it down. You can't deke out the whole team, bud, it is not working.

I think Krueger is maybe allowing too much freedom for our offensive players. Hall can't just be let loose, he keeps trying to same junk over and over.

Also I agree that Gagner and RNH need to be switched.

Yay meaningless goal...

oilers_smyth_94

Feb 18, 2007
It's funny how so many were saying that he has to be re-signed before July 1st.Watching the games this season,he's been nothing short of awful.

Same with Jeff Petry.

Smid's an important piece to our team, and of course he needed to be re-signed right away. Do you want Potter logging those minutes? Didn't think so. He's having a bad game, but he's been better than the rest. Petry's playing like he played most games last year (in my opinion), downright scary. I was enjoying Petry's play this week, he was often our best D-man.

Everything's been bad tonight. Can't win face-offs, can't get any offense going other than the powerplay, taking stupid penalties, can't stop the Flames coming in our zone, can't win any battles.

And now they score. A little too late don't you think?

flashyflash

Ryan Smyth is BATMAN
May 1, 2006
london
4 coaches now and the same results.

we need a different mentality in management.

Get kevin lowe as far away from this organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad