GDT: Game 4: Flames vs. Oilers part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

OILSLICK94

Mar 9, 2004
London Ontario
It's gonna be a roller coaster ride all season......that's pretty obvious,

I just hope coaching staff and the vets are telling the rooks to quit reading the early press clippings

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
oilers mailed it in tonight. pathetic display and they should be ashamed of themselves

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
he's really reckless on the ice in a way that inhibits his skills. i was sick of him rushing into the D over a year ago. seeing it still happen is almost vomit inducing. love the kid, but he has to start playing smarter and more controlled.
are you trying to say that Hall shouldnt be deking through 3 guys in NHL??

dookers9

Mar 30, 2008
Edmonton
How is Calgary a worse team? When was the last time that they were worse? '06? I can't even remember.
All this talk about the Oilers being better is based on nothing.

Yeah, that was the point of the quotes. As in "supposedly" a lesser team.

I don't like the Flames lineup. There's nothing much there to get excited about. But the Oilers have nothing on them with the compete level they're putting out.

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
Well I agree with your sentiment.

But a) is it really necessary to use the term "Pejorative Slured"? It's offensive.
And b) you criticize the intelligence of others but then make a spelling mistake for a relatively simple word (or confuse two words which sound the same but have very different meaning, I suppose).

Not the best way to make your point. Jus' sayin'.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
hall has pissed me off all game. blind passes, fancy moves. the whole team just shoot the puck at the net christ

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
"We both knew we were going to have to walk by the Islander locker room, and we were dreading it: having to see all the happy faces, the champagne shampoos, the girlfriends' kisses, the whole scene we wanted so much.
But as we walked by, we didn't see any of that. The girlfriends and the coaches and the staff people were living it up, but the playeres weren't.
Trottier was icing what looked like a painful knee. Potvin was getting stuff rubbed on his shouler. Guys were limping around with black eyes and bloody mouths. It looked more like a morgue than a champion's locker room.
And here we were perfectly fine and healthy. That's why they won and we lost. They took more punishment than we did. They dove into more boards, stuck their faces in front of more pucks, threw their bodies into more pileups. They sacrificed everyting they had.
And that's when Kevin said something I'll never forget He said, 'That's how you win championships'"

-Wayne Greztky, "Gretzky an Autobiography"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad