GDT: GAME #4: DEVILS @ LEAFS | WED 11-OCT @ 7:30 PM ACC | SPORTSNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Andersen has yet to Have a good game this season
It's concerning, but he did do the same thing last year and ended the season quite strong.

The bigger problem is the team D is a tire fire, so combine that with shoddy goaltending and we're giving up 5 a night easily.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
also Andersen had very bad post luck tonight. not very often you have a a few goals off the post and straight up. plus a couple deflections. its a reset. like another poster said babcock is gonna be hammering them till the next game

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Can't win them all.

I would have been ecstatic if someone would have told me two weeks ago the leafs start 3-1.

Bad game all around. Andersen was lousy.

But these games happen.

On to the next.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
really eh? hmm he held us in there, after it was 5-5 against NY and again more so against CHI before we became dominant...you have to look at all the goals, they are from position A, no defensemen in sight.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
Everyone seems to hate JVR but to me Bozak is the weak link on that line.........and I don't think he has the skill for the pp.......he's an average 3rd line centre...

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
On a positive note, putting up 50 shots and generating a ton of chances while half the players have one of their worst game in years isn't too bad.

Reactions: The Apologist

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
this is what happens when a team starts feeling/listening to the hype . this is a good thing. I expect next game they will be on point

I agree. They needed a good spanking. Maybe now they will start to realize that they aren't the '84 Oilers and that they will have to play some defence and stay out of the damned penalty box.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
apparently you are blind--tonight TEAM DEFENSE was bad
single players who were terrible--gardiner, rosen--at times even borgman (but felt his offensive threat evened out his game)

Andersen didnt suck
--grade A scoring chances, tips in front--you stop a tip in front--now not saying Andersen played well but this loss was a lack of defensive awareness.

Yes he did, no use denying it.

Even the very best defensive teams give up grade A chances every night. You need the goalie to make big saves at crucial points in the game. Andersen did no such thing tonight.

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
Overall, the offense did their job for the most part, but our D was terrible, and Andersen didn't bail us out.

Gotta swap Rosen back out for Carrick, he was in over his head most of the night. Borgman looked fantastic though.

Borgman was awful. He gave up the puck multiple times under no pressure at all, made poor passes and let wingers blow by him.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Time to hide JVR on the 4th line.

Hyman Matthews Nylander
Komarov Kadri Brown
Marleau Bozak Marner
Martin Fehr JVR

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
apparently you are blind--tonight TEAM DEFENSE was bad
single players who were terrible--gardiner, rosen--at times even borgman (but felt his offensive threat evened out his game)

Andersen didnt suck--grade A scoring chances, tips in front--you stop a tip in front--now not saying Andersen played well but this loss was a lack of defensive awareness.
Just because two defensemen have a bad night doesnt mean team defense was bad. Gardiner was directly responsible for 1 goal, Rosen was directly responsible for 2. The other 3 were more or less breakdowns in the done, those do happen. Also yeah, Andersen ducked tonight. Don't see how you can say otherwise. He lacked any bit of confidence, is not tracking pucks in traffic well, and looks very lackadaisical in the net. Hes not going to bail out the leafs every night with the amount of HD chances they give up, but the 2 goals on every 10 shots is unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad