GDT: GAME #4: DEVILS @ LEAFS | WED 11-OCT @ 7:30 PM ACC | SPORTSNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
How did they let that go so long without calling penalties. Blow the whistle.
Um... excuse me? Don't you know leaf fans will cling to weird obscure facts that defy all observable knowledge to claim that Andersen has been "goody goods" this year? You must be new to this forum.

EXPECT THE LEAFS

May 7, 2016
can't win em all. we pounded their net and their goalie came up big. I expect Andy to be a brick wall next game, he usually bounces back solid. devils are a good and up and coming team.

Reactions: The Apologist

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Some guys had off nights for sure, Gardiner is one good example.

Beyond the one off stuff, there have been some brewing problems with this team

1. Rosen doesn't look ready for NA ice time yet, I would move Carrick into the lineup agian
2. JVR - Bozak - Marner hasn't really done anything all season. Would love this line to get shuffled somehow.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Leafs have to be better. I think they outplayed the Devils, but you can't get 2 5-3's and end up coming out 1-1.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
NHL goalies have to make those saves sometimes.

Think of all the breakdowns NJ has had today. Their goalie just makes saves...
half of the goals tonight don't register as a good chance if Andersen makes the save/better play.

Covers the 5on3 rather than kicking out a juicy rebound, gloves the 5th goal, etc..

Reactions: WilliamNylander

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Got to work ourselves through another episode of October Andersen.

Dude looks so unsteady out there it's not even funny.

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
Can't win em all. 3-1 isn't bad. Just gotta beat the Habs on Saturday and break the curse.

Andersen has got to step it up though.

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
Blech

I know I shouldn't feel so down about a loss, that you can't win every game and that it's just one game. However, I can't help but be worried even if it is early. Perhaps it's my anxiety, but still...

The Leafs, despite their success this year thus far, haven't been playing very good defence and it came to a head tonight. Andersen has also let up a scary amount of goals.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
apparently you are blind--tonight TEAM DEFENSE was bad
single players who were terrible--gardiner, rosen--at times even borgman (but felt his offensive threat evened out his game)

Andersen didnt suck--grade A scoring chances, tips in front--you stop a tip in front--now not saying Andersen played well but this loss was a lack of defensive awareness.

Reactions: Fluke Schenn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad