GDT: Game 4: Detroit Pizza Wings @ Arizona Coyotes | 7:00 p.m. PDT | FS-A | 620 AM

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I feel positive even being 0-3 simply due to how freaken good Keller is. He's so damn good and his effort was 100% even when the game was lost, which was questioned a few times around here (including by me). His defense is already better than Marner's.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I feel positive even being 0-3 simply due to how freaken good Keller is. He's so damn good and his effort was 100% even when the game was lost, which was questioned a few times around here (including by me). His defense is already better than Marner's.
He's been very good, but I wouldn't go that far. Marner had a shit load of takeaways last year.

Dasyotesfan92

Oct 3, 2017
Pregame AMF. Cheers to my Yotes brethren.

Attachments

• 20171012_142815.jpg
    20171012_142815.jpg
    698.8 KB · Views: 18

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
My seats were upgraded due to RR's generosity so I have a free single. It's a physical ticket so we would have to meet before game or I can leave it at will call if the ticket office permits me to do so.

222/A/13

Edit: CLAIMED

Last edited:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Team depth is paper thin. If the young forwards dont prosper this will be an ugly season. Really need Chychrun to return and push the other D down the depth chart.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
OEL-Hjalmarsson reminds me of when we Acquiring Jokinen to finally have a real life top line with Mueller and Doan. You keep trying it for awhile to make it work.

Of course that particular example didn't work for a variety of reasons so we'll just ignore that part :P

Reactions: Lady Macbeth

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
He's been very good, but I wouldn't go that far. Marner had a **** load of takeaways last year.

Takeaways are not the same thing as playing defense. Marner is weak defensively and hasn't done great this year, either. I don't think I've missed a Leaf game since they drafted Matthews. Marner's issue isn't effort either, I think it has a lot to do with his linemates. Either way, Keller has looked better defensively thus far.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Takeaways are not the same thing as playing defense. Marner is weak defensively and hasn't done great this year, either. I don't think I've missed a Leaf game since they drafted Matthews. Marner's issue isn't effort either, I think it has a lot to do with his linemates. Either way, Keller has looked better defensively thus far.
Not identical, but if you're taking the puck away you don't have to play defense anymore. I haven't seen nearly as much leaf hockey so maybe you're right.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
OEL-Hjalmarsson reminds me of when we Acquiring Jokinen to finally have a real life top line with Mueller and Doan. You keep trying it for awhile to make it work.

Of course that particular example didn't work for a variety of reasons so we'll just ignore that part :P

Uh.... well it's going to be OEL - Clendening tonight....

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Uh.... well it's going to be OEL - Clendening tonight....

I'm not surprised from the folks that decided to send down Strome after putting him on the team for 2 games :P

It's okay to mix and match on occasion but it would be absolutely ridiculous if they didn't give it a good faith effort in a trial run. They promoted this top pairing from the moment they acquired Hammer. It was arguably the whole point of getting him.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I'm not surprised from the folks that decided to send down Strome after putting him on the team for 2 games :P

It's okay to mix and match on occasion but it would be absolutely ridiculous if they didn't give it a good faith effort in a trial run. They promoted this top pairing from the moment they acquired Hammer. It was arguably the whole point of getting him.

Doesn't OEL play the most minutes? So his new partner goes from the press box to more minutes than any dman not named OEL? With all the injuries we sure could use Strome back immediately too. So far the roster and line juggling is turning into a cluster f***. What's next, Bizcrappy called down right before game time?

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
OEL demoted from top pairing, what a scrub not even top 50 Dmen in the league :sarcasm:

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
Bruh, Strome was always destined for AHL. He was only up at the big club through two games because the video team used him in the package shown in Game 2 pre-show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad