GDT: Game 4: Detroit Pizza Wings @ Arizona Coyotes | 7:00 p.m. PDT | FS-A | 620 AM

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Man, I can't wait until Miska is ready to replace Domingue.

Also, Clayton Keller is going to be a frickin' star in this league. He missed a hat trick by the width of Jimmy Howard's toe on a blind spin-o-rama.

Reactions: doaner

zz

Nov 1, 2006
That Stark kid is pretty good.
That Domingue guy not so much.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
We'll get the fourth pick in the new lottery. Right ahead of Vancouver.
Dahlin is going first and he is LHS D. Svechnikov is going second he is LHS W. We don't need either of those (positionally speaking, obviously what we need are star players, and both are that) which leaves maybe Tkachuk or Boqvist going 3-4 overall. I'll gladly take either.

rt

May 13, 2004
Not sure I'm ready to be as hard on Louis as everyone else seems to be. Came in cold and got hung out to dry twice. He could be a better goalie sure, but he's not worse than the team in front of him. Our skaters are worse than our goalies so far.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Dahlin is going first and he is LHS D. Svechnikov is going second he is LHS W. We don't need either of those (positionally speaking, obviously what we need are star players, and both are that) which leaves maybe Tkachuk or Boqvist going 3-4 overall. I'll gladly take either.
I'm silently hoping that happens and Strome proves himself. We'll have a dangerous squad in four to five years.

BigJCaRoach

I howl
Sponsor
Oct 5, 2005
The Desert
Louis’ post game FSN comments, oh man. Frustrated dude. I really like the guy. Want him to succeed, but he really has to be better. Sounds like he is the first to know it.

rt

May 13, 2004
Anthony Duclair looked great despite boat anchor linemates. If he had some talent on his line, we would have won this hockey game. We still have zero wins. Makes you wonder about the choices that led us to have two garbage minor league players on a line with a young guy who's been one of our most dangerous offensive threats in our first four games. Why? Why has he been saddled with Kempe and Cousins? Skippy and Zippy the Super Hustle Brothers bring nothing of value to the table. They are the mascots of winless hockey.

Reactions: RemoAZ and CC96

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Not sure I'm ready to be as hard on Louis as everyone else seems to be. Came in cold and got hung out to dry twice. He could be a better goalie sure, but he's not worse than the team in front of him. Our skaters are worse than our goalies so far.

He's a serviceable backup. I'll give him that.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
OEL played that 2 on 1 like he couldn't care less if they scored or not.

Only got to see the last period and saw that play.

Something is wrong with OEL. He looks like he's protecting that knee that got tweaked in the pre-season. He's bending over and reaching more with the stick than he used to. But with Chychrun out they don't have too many options right now.

BigJCaRoach

I howl
Sponsor
Oct 5, 2005
The Desert
Anthony Duclair looked great despite boat anchor linemates. If he had some talent on his line, we would have won this hockey game. We still have zero wins. Makes you wonder about the choices that led us to have two garbage minor league players on a line with a young guy who's been one of our most dangerous offensive threats in our first four games. Why? Why has he been saddled with Kempe and Cousins. Skippy and Zippy the Super Hustle Brothers bring nothing of value to the table. They are the mascots of winless hockey.

I’d argue they cycle well down low and can get to garbage areas in front of net. Can’t finish obviously, praying Duke can do that for the line, clearly. Seeing Cousins up close Saturday, that seems like all he can do. But it was evident on the first Keller goal with Martinook in front, creating havoc while CK walked in to tap it home. I don’t think they are completely useless, but definitely not players on the roster of every other team in the league.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Anthony Duclair looked great despite boat anchor linemates. If he had some talent on his line, we would have won this hockey game. We still have zero wins. Makes you wonder about the choices that led us to have two garbage minor league players on a line with a young guy who's been one of our most dangerous offensive threats in our first four games. Why? Why has he been saddled with Kempe and Cousins? Skippy and Zippy the Super Hustle Brothers bring nothing of value to the table. They are the mascots of winless hockey.
Absolutely. Fire Tocchet. Time to fire up that mob again. There's no new dawn, no new day, just a new country club. Right? Right.

rt

May 13, 2004
I do too, but I'm biased because of how hot he is.
He's not my type. So I think my bias is more about my inability to identify any goalie in the entire league that's consistently worse than our team has been the last half decade. We are embarrassing regardless of goalie. We'd still be an embarrassment if Carey Price was our goalie.

Reactions: Lady Macbeth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad