GDT: Game 4: Columbus at Dallas | 10/22 8PM

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Can't think of anyone more deserving of that empty-netter than Calvert.

And then they spend a power play getting completely out-muscled.. :cry:

Their mission on that powerplay was to deny the Stars any opportunity and if lucky to get a few opportunities of their own. They did that.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
In my opinion, Torts brutal camp has paid huge dividends, with mental toughness , plus the conditioning . We saw 3 short hand break aways tonight . Skill level looks worlds better as Jones looks much better , and Werenski is a stud . Also Boone had a strong game tonight , as did Bob

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
snoopy-dance.gif

Would have been even more awesome if Werenski had been able to continue his streak, but, meh. :)

Agreed.. and I had a weird feeling he would. But oh well.. regardless I'm stoked about back to back wins against two damn good teams.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Was probably the hardest game of the trip and they get two points. Great start.

If that's the hardest game of the trip...

It was very one-sided, in my view, ignore the shot clock. Not that Bob wasn't perfect, but he didn't have to be that good tonight.

The Stars broadcast was loaded with praise for the play of the Jackets. They said the Jackets thoroughly outworked the Stars, and I think that's accurate.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus

It was very one-sided, in my view, ignore the shot clock. Not that Bob wasn't perfect, but he didn't have to be that good tonight.

The Stars broadcast was loaded with praise for the play of the Jackets. They said the Jackets thoroughly outworked the Stars, and I think that's accurate.

They were really high on Wennberg. I thought that was kind of surprising.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
In my opinion, Torts brutal camp has paid huge dividends, with mental toughness , plus the conditioning . We saw 3 short hand break aways tonight . Skill level looks worlds better as Jones looks much better , and Werenski is a stud . Also Boone had a strong game tonight , as did Bob

Torturella Camp paid off last night too with that 2.5 minute shift late where we got penned in our own zone. They kept their legs moving and escaped.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Thought the Jackets looked like the better team.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Something that stood out to me was the forecheck. It's been a long, long time since I've seen it that could. Probably a couple of seasons.

We got away with people pretty sloppy in the first half of the second period. Still relying a little too much on the goalie. We have to clean things up a bit more, but overall a good road game.

We almost looked like an upper half hockey team for a night.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Guess who led the time in ice time by a good margin? Johnson and Savard. :laugh:

They played well. The Stars couldn't get free at the netmouth. Good reward for good play.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
This team is going to struggle. We will see more games like #1 and 2. If they can stay close until Christmas or January 10, I just really feel like they will grow together this year. Like a new puppy that is all over the place but changes quickly, I expect Feb and March to be a much different team than Oct and Nov. Great game tonight. Bob was solid and his team didn't just leave him hung out.

Everyone has to feel better about the prospects than they did 48 hours ago.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
NHL credits Werenski and Anderson with Hartnell's goal, that makes 4 in a row.

Just saw the replay of that goal.

Assuming Werenski dumped it in, there's no way both he and Anderson can get credited. Anderson tied up his man on the forecheck (unclear if he or the Stars defender got a touch), then it was Hartnell to Karlsson and Karlsson definitely did the last pass to Hartnell for the goal.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
They took it away from Anderson It didn't touch him he just missed it. Good on the kid for keeping up his streak. I'd love to see it.go for as.many as we lost to start last year to counter a streak with a streak.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
I knew we had a chance to win this one!

Funny. I have been impressed with the way the Jackets have been playing on the road the last few seasons. Can't remember the W/L records, but they always seem to play solid hockey away from home.

The home record is another story. If they could start dominating at home, this could be a fun season.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
when the schedule came out

I had the early part of the season being very tough for us particularly Chicago /Dallas in a back to back. I know it is early but I have actually seen some hockey plays. Working the triangle, a guy screening down low. The passing at times has missed, but only by a step here or there. We are actually playing a little tick tack toe for a change. Well done boys!!

PS: It all goes for not without having Bob back.. good to see the Figs/Bob slobbery hug in the end

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad