Hamhuis-Klingberg
Oduya-Johns
Lindell-Oleksiak

Lehtonen
Niemi

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I'll admit to not knowing a lot about Dallas after their top line. But the skill differential between top line and bottom line seems Grand Canyon-esque. I know injuries have jumped up and bit them so far (via SiriusXM radio NHL Channel). And I know goal tending was the big weakness come playoffs last year (but they managed to win the central).

Will be watching some of this during Buckeye game timeouts and slow spots.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I think someone has posted here that Milano is in for Bjorkstand. Murray is also out from what I've seen.

The stars look beatable IMO only that 1st line looks scary and I have faith in Werenski and Jones to play them well.

Cbj 3 Dallas 1 with Jenner Dubi or Saad getting the empty net. The goal we give up will be with Nutivaara out there. He has been a disappointment I think Kukan would have been better. Honestly dream scenario they get Gavrikov over here soon because he is going to be a defensive stud.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
As you know, I don't like making predictions, but I think we have a decent shot at winning this one.

Number 1 key will be seeing if Tort's brutal camp pays off on the second night of a back-to-back. If the boys are in good enough shape not to lose their legs in the third, that would be huge.

Number 2 key is the Dallas goal-tending. Both those guys are beatable unless they are having a very good night.

Number three key, if my memory serves me, is we usually seem to play Dallas tough.

Once again, not making any predictions, just saying that I think we have the ability to win this one if everything goes right.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Dallas is scary cause at any given time they can score a ton of goals. Or they have a weird quiet offensive game. Its weird.... im worried that if CBJ gets into penalty problems at all, it could get ugly cause Dallas can put teams away on the PP.

I wanna see Dubi and Jenner have bounceback games but I really hope they don't let their emotions get them and take a couple penalties while trying to play hard. Dallas could capitalize

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Number 2 key is the Dallas goal-tending. Both those guys are beatable unless they are having a very good night.

Lehtonen ain't but Lindy Ruff's Dallas Stars are. Similar situation can be imagined with weather and driving. Frozen road contributes to you slipping into a canal so who are you going to blame...

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Honestly, I'm not seeing what everyone else is seeing in Nutivaara. I'm liking him more than Cody at this point. Can't really put my finger on why (which is why I haven't spoken up 'till now) but it just feels like he's doing better than folks give him credit for. :dunno:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
IF we stay out of the box, and capitalize on any PP opportunity we get ... I like our odds.

But maybe thats just the momentum from last night's game talking :D

Edit: Haven't seen who's starting in goal for us tonight.. if its Mac, I just hope its old reliable Mac and not rusty Mac.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Honestly, I'm not seeing what everyone else is seeing in Nutivaara. I'm liking him more than Cody at this point. Can't really put my finger on why (which is why I haven't spoken up 'till now) but it just feels like he's doing better than folks give him credit for. :dunno:

For me, I just don't like the passive game he plays.

He's not physical, he tends to react slower than I'd like .. just seems to play very tentative. I don't see him as an upgrade over Prout - and Prout gives us a physical presence.

Hell, TooToo was pushing him around last night.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Have a feeling the Jackets will play well. Jenner is due to play well. Catching a break with all of Dallas' injuries.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Our D is actually doing a good job knocking the Stars off the puck and keeping them from getting any substantial plays on net...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad