ou65HnB.png

fc7hz32.jpg

EVkMZrK.png

cnNUTzu.png

mLzw09x.png

4NbSxd9.jpg

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
I'm hoping Thompson/Jaskin swap from last game actually stays. I think Thompson would greatly benefit from being with a top 6 role. Jaskin played decent but I think Thompson has a better chance to finish.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
You have our second and third line flipped, but otherwise, that's the roster the Rangers are projected to use tonight.

Blues/Rongos are usually a fun game, and adding in the early season wonkiness will make it even better!

Michael Scarn

Jan 30, 2015
Would like to see Sundqvist in place of Paajarvi. Move Barby to the left. Magnus really lacked touch yesterday. Speed was there but too many turnovers and pucks getting away from him. Still think he's a valuable depth piece.
Also agree that I'd like to see an extended look for Thompson on the second line.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Paajarvi either needs to be on the 4th line or just scratch him. I like the guy, he works hard and seems to be popular among his teammates, but he has zero presence in the offensive zone. I don't notice him at all. When he does get the puck, he'll chip and chase and lose the chase, or just constantly cycle the puck into the corner achieving nothing.

I would like to see the following lineup:

Sobotka-Stastny-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-Jaskin
Megan-Barbashev-Thompson
Paajarvi/Upshall-Sundqvist-Brodziak

Reactions: Mike Liut

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I would really like to see our current bottom 6 rolled out like this.

Barbashev - Megan - Thompson
Paajarvi - Brodziak - Sundqvist

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Me too...b2b, 3in4...I think the boys will be pretty flat tonight but I'm already pleased with the start we have

Kinda surprised who has to sit for this one

LGB

Hate B2B ad being a 3rd in 4. Brutal. And no Jake. Ehh, 3-1 is still a good start.

Ps- low expectations are reverse psychology

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Paajarvi either needs to be on the 4th line or just scratch him. I like the guy, he works hard and seems to be popular among his teammates, but he has zero presence in the offensive zone. I don't notice him at all. When he does get the puck, he'll chip and chase and lose the chase, or just constantly cycle the puck into the corner achieving nothing.

I would like to see the following lineup:

Sobotka-Stastny-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-Jaskin
Megan-Barbashev-Thompson
Paajarvi/Upshall-Sundqvist-Brodziak

Same here. That's my lineup too. Then replace Megan with Steen when he returns

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
Didn't Hutton steal his premiere last season against the Rangers? I recall him slipping early and then holding the fort like a boss while the rest of the team stumbled over themselves and squeaked out a win

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I'd rather keep Barb in the middle, He's already a 3rd line capable center and we want him to continue to progress into a higher level center, no reason to put him on the wing.

Reactions: taylord22

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Didn't Hutton steal his premiere last season against the Rangers? I recall him slipping early and then holding the fort like a boss while the rest of the team stumbled over themselves and squeaked out a win

You remember correctly. Blues won despite being outshot 15-0 in the third.

Blues were 7-0 in the 2nd half of a B2B that was also a 3rd in 4 nights a year ago. Hope that continues.

Hope Shatty finishes a -3

Reactions: JoshFromMO

Michael Scarn

Jan 30, 2015
I'd rather keep Barb in the middle, He's already a 3rd line capable center and we want him to continue to progress into a higher level center, no reason to put him on the wing.

I could get behind this. Swap Megan and Magnus and swap Oskar on 4th line when needed.

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
You remember correctly. Blues won despite being outshot 15-0 in the third.

Blues were 7-0 in the 2nd half of a B2B that was also a 3rd in 4 nights a year ago. Hope that continues.

Hope Shatty finishes a -3
Oh god you're right, I forgot they didn't even get a shot in the 3rd lol. I don't know if that's sad or impressive really

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I'm hoping Thompson/Jaskin swap from last game actually stays. I think Thompson would greatly benefit from being with a top 6 role. Jaskin played decent but I think Thompson has a better chance to finish.

I very much disagree with this. Jaskin serves a role on the Schwartz-Schenn line. He can dig out pucks and create havoc with his body. Schwartz and Schenn are capable of shooting and carrying the puck. They need a support guy. Sure it would be nice if that 3rd guy could bury his chances a bit more reliably, but he does provide a benefit. Tage does not. He is a shooter and can create with the puck, but he is too raw to effectively use his body or win battles. Jaskin-Paajarvi combo is offensively inept. That is putting way too much pressure on the center to produce something. With Tage, he can actually produce, albeit less frequently and give some help.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
The more games we play, the more I miss Alexander Steen and Patrik Berglund. Especially Steen, he'd be a big help for the squad.

We're winning but the form of wins is hardly going to be sustainable over 82 games.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
We're basically missing an entire 2nd line with Steen-Berglund-Fabbri out. That's pretty insane.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
I very much disagree with this. Jaskin serves a role on the Schwartz-Schenn line. He can dig out pucks and create havoc with his body. Schwartz and Schenn are capable of shooting and carrying the puck. They need a support guy. Sure it would be nice if that 3rd guy could bury his chances a bit more reliably, but he does provide a benefit. Tage does not. He is a shooter and can create with the puck, but he is too raw to effectively use his body or win battles. Jaskin-Paajarvi combo is offensively inept. That is putting way too much pressure on the center to produce something. With Tage, he can actually produce, albeit less frequently and give some help.

You need secondary scoring and while Schenn and Schwartz are providing that, Jaskin hasn't really helped that line outside of the assist to Schwartz. Yes, he can use that size to help that line, but I don't necessarily see him doing that consistently. Jaskin has his moments, but I think it's pretty indicative when the coach swapped Jaskin for Paajarvi and Thompson. Thompson isn't too raw at all. If Sundqvist could finish at all, Thompson could arguably have his first point. He clearly has the skill to be a top 6 if not top line winger. Why wouldn't a shooter fit in with Schenn and Schwartz? Why wouldn't he benefit from playing with two of the most tenacious puck hounds on the team? If anything, Thompson fits in better on that line than Paajarvi or Jaskin. I'd almost like to see Steen start with Barbashev and see if those two can create, plus give good vet support to Barbashev. You're absolutely right that Jaskin can fill a role, but I think it's disingenuous to say Thompson is "too" raw to play there. Jaskin has NEVER done anything to warrant that high of a spot on this team. His best year was playing with Stastny when Backes and Lehtera were both here as well. When Berglund is back, I would almost guarantee, unless there's another injury, Jaskin doesn't sniff higher than 4th line.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
The more games we play, the more I miss Alexander Steen and Patrik Berglund. Especially Steen, he'd be a big help for the squad.

We're winning but the form of wins is hardly going to be sustainable over 82 games.

Steen should be back very soon. Same with Bouwmeester, who despite the hate he gets at times (from me as well), will help bring down these late game goals against. Then before you know it we will be in Dec. and talking about Berglund's return. Once we get those three back we should also have a pretty clear picture of which of our bubble players are going to be every day players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad