GDT: Game 37: Columbus at Washington | 1/5 7PM

anteater90

Jun 26, 2006
Hilliard
Love my boys. All good things must come to an end. Thank you for the streak. New one starts Saturday.

Target Rangers.

Go Jackets.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Congrats to the boys on one hell of a streak.

And congrats to the Caps on ending it. They really game-planned this one well. Lots of plays the Jackets rely on were closed off.

I was disappointed in the Jackets response in the second half, things got sloppy. The first half was well played all around - could have gone either way, just couldn't beat Holtby.

Either way, congrats on the 16. :amazed:

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Way to go Jackets, for an incredible run. Made us proud.

But it was never about the streak. Nothing of any consequence ended tonight. Still sitting pretty and playing good hockey, let's keep it going! Home ice is what we want.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
That was rough, but hopefully it's what the team needed to continue growth.

Saturday, I'll be in Nationwide Arena for the first time since December 27, 2011, a 2-1 SO loss to Calgary. To say I'm excited is an understatement!

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
I'm not even sad. That was a hell of a ride and most fun I've ever had watching this team . More fun even than the 2014 playoff year. Plus, it put us in the national spotlight and brought the local attention the club deserves.

It was going to happen at some point and with 44 games left it'll happen many more times. I'm just really looking forward to the rest of the season.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Truly sorry about the loss fellas. Hey, it will all be memorable to ALL living hockey fans for the rest of their lives......until we get alzheimers or even parttimers!

Yeah, that's my personally owned joke for having part time alzheimers (which i have, btw) You can use it, would like to see it get around, lol.

I came in earnest earlier and am a little disappointed that "not one" Jackets fan acknowleged my well wishes prior to the game......maybe no one reads the posts in gdt or is it an unwritten rule not to respond to outsiders? :naughty:

Anyway, looking forward to this next game.....we just may be in for quite the race in the Metro. Looking like it's going to be a 4 horse race for 1st. See ya'.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Truly sorry about the loss fellas. Hey, it will all be memorable to ALL living hockey fans for the rest of their lives......until we get alzheimers or even parttimers!

Yeah, that's my personally owned joke for having part time alzheimers (which i have, btw) You can use it, would like to see it get around, lol.

I came in earnest earlier and am a little disappointed that "not one" Jackets fan acknowleged my well wishes prior to the game......maybe no one reads the posts in gdt or is it an unwritten rule not to respond to outsiders? :naughty:

Anyway, looking forward to this next game.....we just may be in for quite the race in the Metro. Looking like it's going to be a 4 horse race for 1st. See ya'.

Thank you for your well wishes! I wasn't in the thread much at all yesterday, but welcome!

It's gonna be a crazy year in the Metro, for sure.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio

Thanks Larry for the comments.

That was a hell of a run for the CBJ. We all wanted the record, but it might be good for the team to re-focus on the larger prize - playoffs. Bob was probably going to get worked beyond what was necessary just for the sake of the streak, so maybe now CMac can be spotted in a bit more.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
That was rough, but hopefully it's what the team needed to continue growth.

Saturday, I'll be in Nationwide Arena for the first time since December 27, 2011, a 2-1 SO loss to Calgary. To say I'm excited is an understatement!

Good for you, enjoy! Not everyone is fortunate financially or opportunistic in attaining a ticket to an event they really want to attend.....i should know being a Rangers fan in which it was (as a teenager with little dinero) and more so now.....tough to acquire with teams success and ever rising prices. (Out of ballpark for me).

Drove all the way from Pompano Beach to Tampa for a PO game 2 years ago, cost me nearly $500.00 all tolled, and then had to drive back (totally entertained) but, very unhappy with the loss in O.T. (Kucherov)

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Thanks Larry for the comments.

That was a hell of a run for the CBJ. We all wanted the record, but it might be good for the team to re-focus on the larger prize - playoffs. Bob was probably going to get worked beyond what was necessary just for the sake of the streak, so maybe now CMac can be spotted in a bit more.

Oh yeah, I guess McIlhenny will be getting the nod vs Rangers? Not good for us. I recollect him playing very well, couldnt figure him out. Lol

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
We all knew it had to end at some point. What a fun ride it was, though.

I'm just glad that nights like last night are now the exception vs the norm.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Holtby was huge in the 1st period, after that Washington met or exceeded our performance level and Bob had a bad night. Just seemed early like the bounces were going to the Capitals and it played out that way over 3 periods.

Great run, I'm kind of glad its over in a weird way.

Now the next 10 games are a big test of this team's character and maturity.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
I wasn't expecting to have the second longest win streak in NHL history this year. A shootout goes different in Florida and we might have had the record.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014

These are strange folk. The people of Columbus reject the luxuries of life and have little grasp of what is going outside of the state.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Well, it was fun while it lasted. I am just glad the streak was ended by a top tier team, and not a bottom feeder.

Now the boys have no distractions and can just concentrate on hockey.

Start a new winning streak on Saturday!

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
[/I][/B]

Oh yeah, I guess McIlhenny will be getting the nod vs Rangers? Not good for us. I recollect him playing very well, couldnt figure him out. Lol

I think if McElhinney gets a game this weekend it will be versus the Flyers, not the Rangers.

As cool as the streak was, it's still much more telling to me that they also went 27-3-4 after the first two games of the year.

Good run, was really fun, but like everyone else, I'm much more interested in a big run in April and May. It will be interesting to see how they respond. Given the toughness of the next several games, they could find themselves cooling to .500 or so over that small stretch. Considering the response after starting the season 0-2 after two home games, I'm optimistic (shocker).

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Washington is going to be a tough team in the playoffs, I think. It feels like they are pacing themselves a bit this year after burning up the regular season last year. The Metro is going to be a beast to get out of, no matter what. First priority for the Jackets is to clinch a playoff spot, and second priority is to get home-ice advantage.

I don't want the players looking too far ahead, but if I take a quick glance to the future, I would say that if there were 2 Eastern teams that I hope the Jackets don't draw in the first round, it would be Washington and Boston. I think this team would have a better shot against anyone (even the Pens or Rangers) other than those two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad