GDT: Game 37: Columbus at Washington | 1/5 7PM

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
I thought this was the 'trap' game they'd lose. You have the prospect of a huge, historic home game on Saturday against the Rangers, and who would be able to "take 1 game at a time" and not be looking forward to that vs. this road game? That's a lot to ask of a young team.

Saad somehow misses an open net right away, Wash gets a couple of bounce goals, and before you know it the the Jackets are peppering Holtby with a 2-1 shot advantage but looking up and seeing a 3-0 scoreboard. I think they just kind of let down after that and here we are.

Good assessment

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Disappointing to get to a place you may never get again and not quite get over the top, but that's hockey. Not often you outshoot a team and lose by 5 goals.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Disappointing to get to a place you may never get again and not quite get over the top, but that's hockey. Not often you outshoot a team and lose by 5 goals.

Better to have it like this than have it in the playoffs. This hurts, but imagine being San Jose or every other runner up in the SCF.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Stick taps to the Blue Jackets players, coaches, fans, and organization as a whole. Hell of a ride. Start another one Saturday.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
It's easy to be critical of the team tonight. Not only because of the way they are playing and because of the disappointment of our team not having a chance at a historic record. Let's also remember that these guys were heroes to us not much more that 2 hours ago.

Instead of dumping on them I'm going to acknowledge the amount of guts and perseverance they have put into this run and the amount of pressure they have had on their backs and thank them.

I'm proud of each and every one of these guys for giving it everything they had during this historic streak even if they didn't get to the top of it.

Congrats on a hell of a run (Bob, Fligs, Dubi, Jenner, Saader, Wenny, Camtastic, Wild Bill, Andy, Matty Ice, Hartnell Down, Gags, Seds, Zach, Jonesy, JMFJ, Savy, Murrs, Nuti and Cmac, Torts, Shawsy, Lars and anyone else who contributed to this. Thank you for making the last two months of my life the moments that I will remember forever.

And to all those on the mains who are glad the streak is over and are pumping their chests with I told you so's........ **** you.

:laugh:

It was a great run, as I already said Washington wanted to NOT BE THE ONE more than we wanted it imo...

We will meet the Caps again but more importantly and the true test of character is how we respond on Saturday for the fans... we must beat the Rangers!!!

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Better to have it like this than have it in the playoffs. This hurts, but imagine being San Jose or every other runner up in the SCF.

No doubt, will take a Cup over a streak any day. Been a runner up plenty of times with the Cleveland pro teams over the decades.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
:laugh:

It was a great run, as I already said Washington wanted to NOT BE THE ONE more than we wanted it imo...

We will meet the Caps again but more importantly and the true test of character is how we respond on Saturday for the fans... we must beat the Rangers!!!

Be interesting to see how they respond. Sometimes the end of a streak can lead to a few letdown losses. And this was a really unique streak.

Bravo to the Jackets for quite a run.

:cbj

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I ain't even mad. This team is a team I thought would finish 6th in the Metro this year. This club has been very trying for the last 15 years to support. There have certainly been more downs than ups. I was there for a lot of bad hockey, bad seasons, and bad players.

I now get to say I was there for the second longest winning streak in NHL history and I am thrilled with that.

I think this was a good learning moment and a great time for a young team to learn what its like to play under pressure without there being any real consequences, unlike the playoffs, which is where we are going. I don't think this team will face this kind of pressure again until the spring.

To some people the streak meant nothing and we were just lucky. After the last 15 years of CBJ fandom, yes the streak means something, but its not really the goal now.

VABUCK

Oct 31, 2014
Midlothian, VA
Everyone knew the streak would eventually end. What happens this next week will give us some insight into the fight and determination the Jackets have. Time to come back to Columbus and beat the Rangers! CBJ!

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Rather the streak end-at least in the manner it did-on the road than at home. Would have been an epic disappointment at home for those in attendance.

Boomshakalaka

Why do I do this?
May 1, 2014
Columbus
I am sad to see the streak end without the record but I think it is good to come back down to earth for the team. I thought during the streak there were some games where we could have made some lineup changes or sit bob but when you are winning why mess with it. Now we can get back to the grind and march to the playoffs. Thank you Jackets! Awesome run!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Enh. We have a record. Not the record, but it's all good. Just don't follow it up with an extended losing streak and I'll stay happy. :)

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Be interesting to see how they respond. Sometimes the end of a streak can lead to a few letdown losses. And this was a really unique streak.

Bravo to the Jackets for quite a run.

:cbj

I've watched the old Red Wings play the Jackets what seems to be 1000 times.. During that span I watched a solid team under Babcock come back from being down to win game after game..... True winners come back from adversity, it's the long haul that counts..

The Jackets are still young and have achieved something no one could imagine winning 16 games in a row but this I say..... The Jackets must win or at least show some effort trying to win on Saturday vs the Rangers... No more CBJ of old!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Congrats on having the 2nd longest win streak in NHL history.

Great run CBJ. Now let's get back to Nationwide and get back in the win column.

P.s. I had a bad feeling about this game, I just didn't want to say it earlier, as to jinx them.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Hear, hear!

This loss makes them a better team IMO.
Yep, this loss will end up being a good lesson for the team. They know they still have work to do and 17 in a row wasn't the true goal.

In extremely proud, winning 16 games in a row is unbelievable. I'm only sad because my dream last night of losing by 5 came true. :(

Go Jackets!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad