GDT: Game 35: Avs @ Stars | Thursday, December 29th, 6:30pm MT | On the Road Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Well, only few could, i think you put those players with Crosby, he will still be a PPG+player and probably make guys like Comeau, Colborne, Grigorenko look like legit top 6 players, but that's about it, only Crosby and probably McDavid could pull it off.

I'd say Crosby may be the only one. Maybe Malkin if he actually is giving a ****

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
@Freudian

Calling you out since you're the GIF master. Any chance you can get a GIF of Beauchemin's pass at the blue line last night? It was on the offensive blue line in the third period (I feel like it was early in the third). He was trying to pass it to his partner (I think it was Barrie) and the puck just went about 4 feet outside the blue line. It was worse than the classic Holden to Redmond pass.

You mean this one? I think he was worried about turning the puck over but he overcompensated by about four feet because his passing is so bad. Just one of many terrible passes he made last night.

He's completely checked out on this team. You can see it in his lack of execution on most every single play.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Pretty good breakdown of the defensive breakdowns someone posted on Reddit using yesterday's game as an example.

It's hard to see it in full-speed in terms of dmen and their gap control but one thing I definitely do notice is how disorganized the forwards are in terms of covering the same players and often leaving one open. We're at the bottom of the standings because our roster is bad but we're -43 or whatever because our coaching/organization is even worse.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1sSXF7AHAWLgGe4KnYVIWRjlnhDZNr3flY4g7kOemty4/edit

Good read, nice that they indicate Zadorov was the only one who did the right thing on that play.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
You mean this one? I think he was worried about turning the puck over but he overcompensated by about four feet because his passing is so bad. Just one of many terrible passes he made last night.

He's completely checked out on this team. You can see it in his lack of execution on most every single play.

Lol no that's not it but that was horrible. Unfortunately that's how all of Beauchemin's passes look.

The one I'm talking about was in the offensive zone. Beauchemin was on the blue line on the far boards (by the bench) and tried to go D to D along the blue line but the pass left the zone by a few feet. Like it was absolutely hilarious.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Lol no that's not it but that was horrible. Unfortunately that's how all of Beauchemin's passes look.

The one I'm talking about was in the offensive zone. Beauchemin was on the blue line on the far boards (by the bench) and tried to go D to D along the blue line but the pass left the zone by a few feet. Like it was absolutely hilarious.

I think I know which one you are talking about, it was when the Stars net was on the right side of the screen.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Oh, yea I remember that one. A real beaut.

Exactly what I mean by being checked out and a consistent lack of execution from him. He can make that pass he just doesn't because he's checked out mentally.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I think part of it is that he knows his foot speed is so low, that he semi-panics when under pressure so he just randomly throws the puck in the general direction of where he wants it.

It's basically board out type plays all over the ice from him. Get it away from me!

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I think part of it is that he knows his foot speed is so low, that he semi-panics when under pressure so he just randomly throws the puck in the general direction of where he wants it.

It's basically board out type plays all over the ice from him. Get it away from me!

For a guy who knows hes slow as hell he sure loves pinching on every play. 8/10 times getting caught up the ice.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Exactly what I mean by being checked out and a consistent lack of execution from him. He can make that pass he just doesn't because he's checked out mentally.

Lololololol. That's it. Amazing

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Did nobody teach our guys how to lead with a pass when they were growing up? Our team is 10x slower than they're capable of simply because any forward momentum needs to be halted just to receive a pass.

Maybe they should watch this in the next team meeting:

Don Corleone

Jul 9, 2013
The Avs sure are amazing :laugh: Seriously is there any other team in the league that is this bad at making simple passes? Rarely do you see the Avs making two tape to tape passes in a row.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
holy **** @ those beaucheamin passes.

can't believe i expected him to bounce back for this year after sucking the 2nd half of last season. he's just continuing the fall foff a cliff that started last season.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC

That is not bad, Weir and Lando are on top of each other, Beauch as nowhere to go. If he doesn't pass back a bit it might get picked off. Nothing to see here.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC

WTF is Rantanen doing there? Slowly drifting into Barrie? :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad