GDT: Game 35: Avs @ Stars | Thursday, December 29th, 6:30pm MT | On the Road Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

extralarge.png
extralarge.png

(12-21-1) --vs-- (15-14-7)

[fieldset=ALMOST A NEW YEAR]

635965906573127005-423581883_homer-end-is-near1.jpg

[/fieldset]

[fieldset=LOCATION: AMERICAN AIRLINES CENTER - DALLAS, TX]
1-dallas-skyline-at-dusk-jeremy-woodhouse1.jpg

[/fieldset]

[fieldset= AVALANCHE PROJECTED LINEUP]
extralarge.png

GABRIEL LANDESKOG - NATHAN MACKINNON - MIKKO RANTANEN
MIKHAIL GRIGORENKO - MATT DUCHENE - RENE BOURQUE
BLAKE COMEAU - CARL SODERBERG - JAROME IGINLA
ANDREAS MARTINSEN - JOHN MITCHELL - CODY MCLEOD

FEDOR TYUTIN - TYSON BARRIE
FRANCOIS BEAUCHEMIN - ERIC GELINAS
NIKITA ZADOROV - PATRICK WIERCIOCH

PICKARD

[/fieldset]

[Fieldset=STARS PROJECTED LINEUP]

extralarge.png

[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET= GDT TUNES]

[/FIELDSET]

AvHooligan

Oct 10, 2015
We are gonna be down 4-0 late in the third period when Duchty scores a goal making him the 11th player in Avs history to reach 400 points.

Plot twist....He doesn't celebrate

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
What is it with people hoping to see Zadorov score lol? He probably won't and even if he does, he'll then go again several games without scoring, at most he gets maybe 10 in a season down the line if we're lucky.

He can pass, skate, decently defend, and hit but he's shown no real offensive instinct to score. It was never developed for him and it certainly won't be developed by our coaching staff/team.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Because he's a young player and people want him to succeed? He's played 50+ games and no goals, I don't even remember when had a good chance from the point. If we want him to be a legit top 4 defender he's gotta provide a goal or two at some point.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
What is it with people hoping to see Zadorov score lol? He probably won't and even if he does, he'll then go again several games without scoring, at most he gets maybe 10 in a season down the line if we're lucky.

He can pass, skate, decently defend, and hit but he's shown no real offensive instinct to score. It was never developed for him and it certainly won't be developed by our coaching staff/team.

Zadorov reminds me of Beauchemin when Beauchemin was good; a defender who isn't by any means a puckmover and doesn't have a cannon from the point, but has enough skill with the puck and a good-enough shot to help generate offense in a limited capacity. At the very least a guy who can effectively get the puck out of harm's way.

You should read that article that MHH posted. A whole LOT of Zadorov's shots are getting blocked. Part of that is the fact that Zads doesn't have a truly fearsome shot on the level of Shea Weber, nor can he hold onto it long enough to find an opening, BUT a big part of that is also the Avs' complete inability to generate traffic in front of the net on a consistent basis. Since they're not a threat at all down low apart from Ray-Nay Bork's ability to tip the occasional shot, it's much easier for them to challenge guys like Zads. Once they get can actually make the opposition work hard in their own end, you'll see those numbers rise. Not by some huge margin, but much better than they're projected to be this year.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Because he's a young player and people want him to succeed? He's played 50+ games and no goals, I don't even remember when had a good chance from the point. If we want him to be a legit top 4 defender he's gotta provide a goal or two at some point.

I seem to remember a really good shot he had from the point that Duchene buried the rebound on a few games ago, maybe the Chicago game.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Zadorov reminds me of Beauchemin when Beauchemin was good; a defender who isn't by any means a puckmover and doesn't have a cannon from the point, but has enough skill with the puck and a good-enough shot to help generate offense in a limited capacity. At the very least a guy who can effectively get the puck out of harm's way.

FB had a highly level of hockey IQ. Bigras is more comparable. Ads completely different. IMO

I know nobody cares about the AHL but he was a scorer there last year. It's part of his game, it's not crazy to think he can develop it at the NHL level.

That's comforting but when you haven't scored in over 50 games for a new team questions will be asked rightfully so.

I seem to remember a really good shot he had from the point that Duchene buried the rebound on a few games ago, maybe the Chicago game.

Could be. I half ass watch games now.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
The Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen line rekindled my interest a bit. I think they play entertaining hockey for the most part. Zadorov on the first PP instead of Barrie was satisfying as well, but mostly because hopefully it will wake Barrie up.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I know nobody cares about the AHL but he was a scorer there last year. It's part of his game, it's not crazy to think he can develop it at the NHL level.

Anybody who watched him down there knows he can be an offensive force. He'll start to work that back into his game eventually, I'm not worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad