GDT: Game #34: KINGS @ BLACKHAWKS - Sunday, 12/15/’13 @ 4:00pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
Lolbaberra was assigned to Rockford right away. speculation here in CHI is that Khabi is done and possibly doesn't want to play in Rockford. that makes Raanta the #2, with Khabi likely going LTIR. Simpson isn't close to NHL ready, so Lolbaberra gives them some depth and a vet in the AHL to work with Simpson.

Hawks G depth isn't close to what LA or ANH have, it could possibly become their achilles heel.

Their D zone coverage and transition hasn't looked that great to me, with some lazy play out there. ie, "you got it" mentality on the ice

last night i think Keith looked like garbage. right after Eddie O spewed all over about how well rounded his game has been this season he went total mental. his reads and coverage were **** all night and he ended up a -4

none of the big names played last night and Toews can only begin to point fingers with himself. he was absent all night.

they will be tired, but they have something to prove tonight. i expect a tight game which LA can blow open with strong up ice pressure on the CHI defense, which couldn't connect on passes last night. put the pressure on the young keepers and get out with a W

GKG!

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Helene Elliott ‏@helenenothelen 19m
Willie Mitchell is ill. Stayed in hotel, won't play vs Chi tonight
Retweeted by Jim Fox

At least he isn't hurt.

CertainAffinity*

Hawks get embarrassed tonight.

This team bleeds goals against middling competition, let alone elite competition. They're going up against a team that's just as good at dominating possession as they are. Combine that with solid defense, hot goal-tending, and a PK that actually kills penalties (what a world!) there's no way the Hawks manage to outscore their clear, consistent defensive issues, never mind an injured Toews.

I hope I'm wrong though, and the embarrassment last night woke them up and got their heads dislodged from their ***es.

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
So Greene will be back, replacing Mitchell tonight, so whipping boy Martinez lives to see another day :)

Also, Kent Simpson may be making his first NHL start in goal for Chicago, which will be added motivation for the Hawks to play infinitely better than they did last night against the Leafs.

Amusingly, in that TOR-CHI game, Kessel, van Riemsdyk and Kadri were held to just a single goal and assist (the 7th goal) while Peter Holland and Joffrey Lupul had four of the other six.

So, while Kopi will get the checking line, here's to guys like Stoll, Toffoli and Nolan to get the puck into the Hawk net.

(and yes, LaBarbera is in Rockford.)

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Also, Kent Simpson may be making his first NHL start in goal for Chicago, which will be added motivation for the Hawks to play infinitely better than they did last night against the Leafs.

Raanta has been announced the starter. And Simpson actually got a chance to play the 3rd in Toronto last night and was worse than Raanta. He'll probably get sent back to the AHL after tonight with LaBarbera the emergency Raanta backup until Crawford comes back in a couple of weeks.

Alisa

Quickie fangirl
Oct 10, 2010
Orange County, Ca
We'll win because we probably aren't supposed to. Kings like to show up for games like these. And we still have that need for vengeance from the WCFs.

Logically, I'm prepared mentally to not take it, but in my heart I expect us to pull it off and do so beautifully.

Looking forward to a great game.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
bah....hate the NHL blackout rules. gotta listen to Eddie O blow Hawks for 3 hours straight. hopefully he starts talking up Keith again and he sh*ts the bed like last night once again

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
FEeling a big game from Richards and Toffoli. Toffoli has a lot of past success against the Hawks. GO KINGS GO!!!!

KingKopitar11*

Is it me or is the game volume low and the commentary loud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad