GDT: Game #34: KINGS @ BLACKHAWKS - Sunday, 12/15/’13 @ 4:00pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
They could make things interesting with a goal here on the PP. But alas, we know the Kings PP can't be counted on to score a big goal.

Williams has been the best penalty killer for Kings' powerplays tonight.

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
Kings were so bad tonite, they looked intimidated. Nervous every time the puck was on their stick...They either took too long with the puck or made hasty mistakes with it. Chicago makes you pay for nervous mistakes.

Kopitar's worst game in a while. Toews, best player on the ice for both teams. He's your MVP.

Shrug it off, get home and beat up on the Oil.

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign
And i'm back, got the App notification on my phone, yay no shutout :handclap: and yes i blame every one of you that changed the way you saw/listened/wore/ate for the game. That's who's fault it is that we lost not the players. :cry:

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
MFblkdesign.jpg

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I do think Sutter made a mistake going with a cold Scrivens. Should have stuck with the hot goalie Jones.

Can't blame Scrivens at all.He played great after 3 nothing, especially the half dozen 2 on 1's . Jones would've lost too. It was a zero effort by the team plain and simple.

mtxed

Aug 17, 2007
I don't think Jones would've been the difference maker tonight. All of the skaters failed to show up tonight and there was zero sustained pressure against the Hawks.

Sutter is stupid. If Jones was so good he would be playing against the good teams, not ****** Toronto or NYI or OTT..... what did he prove by playing Jones against them?? That an AHL goalie can beat 3 non playoff teams?? if he truly wanted to test MJ he would have put him in against another Cup contender..

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Sutter is stupid. If Jones was so good he would be playing against the good teams, not ****** Toronto or NYI or OTT..... what did he prove by playing Jones against them?? That an AHL goalie can beat 3 non playoff teams?? if he truly wanted to test MJ he would have put him in against another Cup contender..

:shakehead :facepalm:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

Scriven had to get into a game at some point. He'd have been going on 2 weeks between starts which isn't good. He wasn't the problem tonight, it was the team in front of him.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
What is the deal with Scrivens, why has he not played since december 2nd?

M Jones has been hot and rattled off some shut outs. Sutter is notorious for riding a goalie that keeps winning.

I still think Scrivens coming in cold put him at a big disadvantage especially against Chicago.

i think he looked shell shocked the 1st. his angles and lateral movement was delayed and not at game speed.

Scriven had to get into a game at some point. He'd have been going on 2 weeks between starts which isn't good. He wasn't the problem tonight, it was the team in front of him.

agree, but tonight may not have been the time. personally you give Scrivens the TOR game for obvious reasons. then use Jones in the B2B game since he's been playing so well. but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad