GDT: Game 33 | Pens @ VGK | 10 PM EST | The writing on the wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
My guess.. stupid stick infraction penalty with 5 mins left. We will kill it. We will get a couple chances but no goal. 3-1 Vegas to call it a night.

Really going out on a limb there . . . :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Geno doesn't look engaged at all.

He was for the first half of the game while the defense was sleepwalking. Tried to play defense for them and Horny because he was Iginla on LW defensively. Now, he's in 'eh **** it' mode.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
If Murray wants to throw his stick at a Penguin he can.

Know what the thing that sucks here is? Just adding a center isn't going to solve anything on this team. Yeah, having a better center than Sheahan (who has 9 points in his last 14 games now) would be nice. However, this team isn't going to become better by just getting a better center than him.

And there’s no guarantee a shakeup trade does anything. The threat of a trade obviously did f*** all.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Third line far and away our best tonight. They should be on the ice every second shift the rest of the way. Play players that are working like the game matters to them.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Anyone that thinks Sheahan isn't good here is probably just talking biased horse **** out their mouths.

He’s not the 3C we’re looking for

obi-wan.jpg

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
its like bones, put him between two fast good forechecking wings so he has time to get to the puck and make a play
Sheary, Sheahan and Hornqvist is a fantastic trio that compliments each other really well. But God forbid that dip shit Sullivan do that. No let's play Horny as the lw with Malkin which never works. Ever. While hags is flying and could help that line as there was chemistry with Geno and Phil.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Why did I waste my time watching this?

Exactly my thoughts, except listening.

I don't think JR does anything until after this road trip is over, but clearly they need a reminder that this isn't going to turn into a country club again. I just hope it isn't a youth for vets deal, because I really think promoting youth is part of the answer here.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Huala is that open because he's where Horny should be defending. It's Sheary on RW bad defensively, although I don't blame Horny, because he's a RW.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I agree. For a while its been looking like the team needs a wakeup call. JR has to come through with his shakeup trade.

The fact that the team has been only at .500 over a sample where all 3 centers are playing well should show how flawed this team actually is. Over that sample size, Crosby has 19 points and Malkin has 8 points in 9 games (he was injured for a couple of games). That is pretty great production out of your top-9 centers for a 14 game sample size. The team is likely 7-7 over those games though, with probably 6 of those 7 losses being by 1 goal.

On one hand, you shouldn't be losing that many 1 goal games. On the other hand, you not being able to win 1 goal games just shows you're not a good team.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad