GDT: Game 33: Anaheim Ducks vs Seattle Kraken, 5pm PT, BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I’m open to giving Z and Mac a go, but that will be based off Zegras looking ok at wing. That also still leaves Terry and Carlsson together which I’ve still not been terribly impressed with, but maybe once Terry gets out of his head that’ll be a better duo. I wish there was a easyway to get Carlsson and Mac together, but those two are just so built for C duty it’s tough.

I think Carlsson-Mac looks like great chemistry is due to recency bias. Remember, this combo looks great on the PP. Welp, it was the same thing last year with Z-Mac, except Mac was playing the halfway waiting for a one-timer, but Mac is playing the bumper this year. Outside the PP and 6v5 situations, Mac doesn't play with Z or Carlsson.

Mac drives to the net. He's one of the few that do drive and he's also one of the few who has the hands to do it in tight. Carlsson isn't the only one with vision to do that, Zegras has that vision too. The thing about Mac driving to the net is that he doesn't need the puck to drive to the net. 2022-23 Terry didn't want to pass the puck often, usually attacking 1v3 or 1v4. Difference between last year and this year is Terry was able to score last year compared to this year.

If Terry scored like last year this year and conflate that with how hot the Vatrano-Mac-Strome started, then we probably would have won a lot more games.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
4 of those points were in 2 games. He’s definitely looked better at times but it’s been an up and down stretch for him.
All players are streaky. It’s still PPG production levels, which is tied for first with Henrique over that span. Killorn has 5 points, and no other forward has more than 3 (led by Leason). Carlsson has 2 (in 5 games), no other forward has more than 1. Terry is not currently the problem, people are just reflexively complaining about whenever he’s making a bad play and ignoring all the good things he’s doing.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
All players are streaky. It’s still PPG production levels, which is tied for first with Henrique over that span. Killorn has 5 points, and no other forward has more than 3 (led by Leason). Carlsson has 2 (in 5 games), no other forward has more than 1. Terry is not currently the problem, people are just reflexively complaining about whenever he’s making a bad play and ignoring all the good things he’s doing.

I'm happy that Terry is scoring goals again. That's a big relief for him and us. Last year, he held onto the puck too long as well, but he was scoring. I'd take that version of Terry this early 2023-24 version. But I want 2021-22 version Terry the best, the 37-goal scorer!

Cronin said we needed more secondary scorers. If he expects more scoring from our forwards, then he better be teaching how to crash the net to get ugly goals. The other option is emboldening his defensemen to pinch or down more often, but train the F3 to rotate up ASAP. The lack of forward rotation is still a problem. This was a problem under Eakins, but for some reason Cronin is avoiding a lot of ire for the same mistakes.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Henrique Iglesias

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I wouldn’t say he’s the problem, but I also don’t think he’s been great either. It felt like he was on the verge of breaking out and then he cooled off again.

When I look at how Troy plays, I don’t think he’s an easy guy to play with. I think he holds onto the puck too long. I think he could do a better job of feeding off his linemates and letting them help him find open ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad