GDT: Game 31: Oilers @ Flames/7pm MT/March 15

Pie

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Be prepared for a good old fashioned ass kicking from team Darryl Sutter. Maybe that will wake up some of the noodle brains that think the Oilers are a soundly built hockey club headed in the right direction. Probably not, someone will pull out the advanced stats to show Darryl Sutter can't coach hockey in the "new NHL" while our "weak ineffective supporting cast players" have us headed in the right direction because... some geeky fanboy's calculations said so.

4-2 Darryl Sutter, Milan Lucic with a pp goal and Sam Bennett with the empty netter

Did you accidentally mix in birth control pills in with your medication or something?

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
There was a great story about Sutter when he was in CGY. He purposely kept talking about Owen Nolan 24/7 in front of his players. How Owen Nolan is the best and how he plays the game right. Yada yada yada. All day.

The players then made a pact to f*** Owen Nolan up all game and they destroyed him lol. After the game in the locker room, the boys started yelling "Owne Nolan is sh**, f*** him" ,etc while Sutter left with a grin on his face lol

I see you heard the 'Struds On' segment on the Gregor show on Friday where Strudwick said "Owen Nolan" 17 times in 1:45 while telling this story. I literally counted.

Isn't it funny that nobody has ever referred to him as just 'Nolan'? Even in your post. Must be because it rhymes.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I'd really be interested in seeing Yamamoto and Puljujarvi trade places 5-on-5.

With McDrai running the show, Yamamoto hasn't done a whole lot on the line. Putting him on RNH's line gives RNH a player he actually has chemistry with and can be more of a force rather than constantly deferring to McDrai. Puljujarvi is also very good at getting into a shooting lane and better compliment McDrai's playmaking abilities.

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
4WAfPiZ.jpg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Bear... heh

JP Tongue out, butt out..

Not sure about the larsson look there.

Just a comment that Yama looks even smaller on the McDrai line. Not just in the OP;)

Hey Wen, I detect some copy paste there in the player drawings..;)

Flames;

Knee Hater

Thank God we drafted Draisaitl instead..haha

I'm kinda liking the new Flames logo, must say..

Great GDT thanks.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So were the Oilers looking thru the Vancouver game to get to this one? Tune in and we'll find out in the next wacky edition of The North division. In last nights episode of the twilight zone. The Ottawa Senators beat the Toronto Maple Pats (don't ask) to even the season series meaning the first place club is only .500 against the worst club in the division (by a mile)

I see Sutter is up to his old stuff again. Looks like I've read this book.

All forgiven with the Oilers butt kicking the Flames tonight. Kind of weird day in the week for a BOA but whatever..

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
So were the Oilers looking thru the Vancouver game to get to this one? Tune in and we'll find out in the next wacky edition of The North division. In last nights episode of the twilight zone. The Ottawa Senators beat the Toronto Maple Pats (don't ask) to even the season series meaning the first place club is only .500 against the worst club in the division (by a mile)

I see Sutter is up to his old stuff again. Looks like I've read this book.

All forgiven with the Oilers butt kicking the Flames tonight. Kind of weird day in the week for a BOA but whatever..

I don't think the Oilers were looking past the Canucks, the team was just tired, and played relatively well to fight through it.

Exhibit A - Draisaitl, he looked exhausted in the final moments of the third.

A recharged and hungry Oilers team will be showing up tonight.

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
Be prepared for a good old fashioned ass kicking from team Darryl Sutter. Maybe that will wake up some of the noodle brains that think the Oilers are a soundly built hockey club headed in the right direction. Probably not, someone will pull out the advanced stats to show Darryl Sutter can't coach hockey in the "new NHL" while our "weak ineffective supporting cast players" have us headed in the right direction because... some geeky fanboy's calculations said so.

4-2 Darryl Sutter, Milan Lucic with a pp goal and Sam Bennett with the empty netter

And where's the ignore button... here it is. Ffs!

Zamknij kurwa ryj

Feb 22, 2021
If we could score early and often that would be appreciated but I'll settle for a simple stress free win.

The Flames are barely clinging to chances for a playoff spot... let's give them a little nudge in the right direction.

giphy.gif

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

2EE6BCF3-7F5A-4E34-87A9-21587E97AC97.jpeg
2EE6BCF3-7F5A-4E34-87A9-21587E97AC97.jpeg

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Flames fans think they are contenders after a couple wins under Sutter, time for the Oilers to remind them who they are.

Reactions: TB12 and yukoner88

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Big game for the Oilers tonight. Can't give the flames too much momentum with a 3rd win in a row.

Gotta shake off that Vancouver game and come out hard.

Reactions: LemmyUlanov55

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
I'm nervous.

It won't shock me if Calgary continues to play really strong for the next while now that they have Sutter coaching though I'm not sure if they can play that well the rest of the year. We had best be prepared for the Flames to be pushing full throttle against us the entire game. That team is angry and we will have to have our heads up. This game will not be a cake walk. :(

Last edited:

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
Hate to say this but a Sutter lead Flames team scares me. They’ve been playing a tight responsible defensive game. If Sutter game plan works there won’t be much room out there. I don’t doubt McDrai will be able to break through and ge their chances, but our other lines I could see being stifled.

Hugely important series coming up. We could either stomp out the Sutter effect or let the Flames right back in it.

My Oiler PTSD gut-feeling is fully expecting the Oilers to let the Flames back into this with two losses this week. Especially with the new coach bounce and the fact that Sutter will want to use this 2 game set against the Oilers as a spring board.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Hey Broberg Slow.

Flames board is that a way —————>>>>>>

E5FA5F93-26D2-45C0-8C45-2816EE0B704B.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad