GDT: Game 31: Coyotes @ Bruins - 5PM - FSAZ - 12/7

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
They really need some sustained offensive pressure or more chances off the rush. Even when the Coyotes had control in the first half of the second they didn't do enough with it. Even Dvorak's goal was off a lulzy play by the Boston defender.
Other than the goal tending earlier in the year, I think the offense has been the main issue. That's what's disappointed me the most since that's why Tocc is here. At least he is finally trying to put the offensive guys together the last few games. May've he's finally starting to get it.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Other than the goal tending earlier in the year, I think the offense has been the main issue.

Yes. But especially going back a few weeks ago they were still getting more chances. It was the Domi/Stepan crew completely flubbing break aways and all those 5 on 3's they did nothing on. Now they aren't even getting in those positions lately.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
posting that twice was shameless but I'll allow it.

In other news it's just like old times. Embarrassed 6-1.

Having a hard time not reading something into Tocc finally get his practice time only to have the team take this big a dump. It's too easy to point to some individual plays in this game but if they don't respond with at least a 55 minute effort (60 is a lot to ask it seems) in Columbus it's a problem.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Not too horrible of a game (despite the score), but I'm guessing Raanta will be back in net. Of the goals, 1 was Wedgewood's fault, 1 was Goligoski's fault, and the other was Schenn's (I think--or whoever gave them the 5 on 3). Thus, in my (deluded) mind, it was a 3-1 loss. Boston is an offensive team; the Coyotes are not. the team lacks a bonafide scoring forward. Chayka should make some sort of trade to bring a scorer in (even a 2nd line scorer would be appreciated)

Reactions: Yandover

DoanStopBelievin

Oct 6, 2017
Embarrassing and pathetic to watch, but I will say I laugh every time someone posts about firing players to the sun:laugh:

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
I'm so tired of the announcers saying that the goalie "didn't have a chance on that one". Bull. Shit. Nash is the worst violator of this. Everyone gets scored on, sometimes they just get beat. But saying he never had a chance is just stupid.

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
Anyone else notice how we dominated parts of that second period when Reider was not playing. We had Perlini, Strome and Keller on a shift and
they looked impressive together. As soon as Reider got back in and the lines went back to what they were. The Bruins took over.

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
Anyone else notice how we dominated parts of that second period when Reider was not playing. We had Perlini, Strome and Keller on a shift and
they looked impressive together. As soon as Reider got back in and the lines went back to what they were. The Bruins took over.

That's an interesting observation. You might be right. I think the solution is to scratch Duclair.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Not too horrible of a game (despite the score), but I'm guessing Raanta will be back in net. Of the goals, 1 was Wedgewood's fault, 1 was Goligoski's fault, and the other was Schenn's (I think--or whoever gave them the 5 on 3). Thus, in my (deluded) mind, it was a 3-1 loss. Boston is an offensive team; the Coyotes are not. the team lacks a bonafide scoring forward. Chayka should make some sort of trade to bring a scorer in (even a 2nd line scorer would be appreciated)

Boston sits 12th for PIM/GM, the Coyotes at 29th, yet the Bruins we not called for one penalty and the Coyotes for four. We have enough talent up front, we just can't afford to give away the puck like we have. We are still making foolish mistakes and it ends up in our net. I don't consider Boston a offensive team as they have scored only one more than the Coyotes, mind you they have a few games in hand but still, they are not considered a powerhouse on offense.

Last edited:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
This is just disgusting. Have we grossly overestimated the talent on our team? Is this really a year 1 rebuilding team as the record would indicate? Do we need to sell off and start from the beginning? Or do we need a new GM and coach?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad