GDT: Game 31: Coyotes @ Bruins - 5PM - FSAZ - 12/7

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
That was a rough one to watch for me. Definitely had a boring feel too for a bit. You'd think they would come out playing well after the rest but instead they looked unprepared to start the game. There are some bright spots here and there but overall... just didn't play anywhere near well enough. Dumb penalties, horrible turnovers *Cough Goligoski again Cough* and bad defending really hurt them. Those last couple of goals against were pretty pathetic.

The offense realllly has to get going. This isn't a team built to weather a ton of time in the defensive zone. They need to have some offensive possession to be successful.

Ps I was also pretty nervous when they said Keller got taken out by Strome. Also noticed that it looked better with Perlini on that line instead of him, too. At least it felt that way.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
So what happened here? I watched the first 40 minutes and it looks like the Coyotes missed the 3rd period as well.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Sad thing is, we haven't actually played a terrible game. Just the old story of a few bad individual errors and penalties that end up in the back of the net.

This is the only thing that I get tired of. If we have made strides and are not playing "that terribly," then something is not making sense. All I see right now are tons of excuses...

If only Raanta wasn't injured... Raanta would have been forced to face a similar number of chances anyhow, and maybe a mundane save for one goalie isn't a mundane save for Raanta, and vice-versa. I think Raanta would be more solid than others, but keep in mind that we are still a sub .500 team with a PK that has been really good over the past few weeks. If your PK is playing that strongly, there are significant let downs 5 on 5.

If only our schedule allowed for more practice time... the schedule has been known for a while, so if we didn't plan to hit the ground running with certain parts of the system due to a lack of practice time, then that is on the coach for not getting us ready, knowing that the schedule was tough. I don't think that in a single year over the past 7, our coaching staff made it a point to emphasize the lack of practice time - every team is going to have these types of situations through the years.

If only our players wouldn't bumble around with the puck... Are they trying to make something happen that they can't do normally, or is there panic/lack of poise in their game? The players do have to make the plays, but as Tocchet said, he may have been putting too much pressure on them to perform a certain way. Could be players and could be a lack of adjusting for the player's sake by the coaching staff.

Now we have people (whether coach or players) who are making it sound like it is acceptable to buy into excuses like the lack of practice time, and that is a MAJOR red flag...

Reactions: Bandit34

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This is the only thing that I get tired of. If we have made strides and are not playing "that terribly," then something is not making sense. All I see right now are tons of excuses...

If only Raanta wasn't injured... Raanta would have been forced to face a similar number of chances anyhow, and maybe a mundane save for one goalie isn't a mundane save for Raanta, and vice-versa. I think Raanta would be more solid than others, but keep in mind that we are still a sub .500 team with a PK that has been really good over the past few weeks. If your PK is playing that strongly, there are significant let downs 5 on 5.

If only our schedule allowed for more practice time... the schedule has been known for a while, so if we didn't plan to hit the ground running with certain parts of the system due to a lack of practice time, then that is on the coach for not getting us ready, knowing that the schedule was tough. I don't think that in a single year over the past 7, our coaching staff made it a point to emphasize the lack of practice time - every team is going to have these types of situations through the years.

If only our players wouldn't bumble around with the puck... Are they trying to make something happen that they can't do normally, or is there panic/lack of poise in their game? The players do have to make the plays, but as Tocchet said, he may have been putting too much pressure on them to perform a certain way. Could be players and could be a lack of adjusting for the player's sake by the coaching staff.

Now we have people (whether coach or players) who are making it sound like it is acceptable to buy into excuses like the lack of practice time, and that is a MAJOR red flag...

Good post. There is plenty of blame for the mess this year. Not sure if anyone around the Coyotes knows how to fix this.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
So what happened here? I watched the first 40 minutes and it looks like the Coyotes missed the 3rd period as well.

The team was playing great, tons of high quality chances, some posts, and one mistake put us behind the 8 ball. Then instead of showing gritty strength to get back in the game, everyone got frustrated and the whole thing collapsed.

There's a ton of skill on this team, no doubt, but still too many mistakes by vets (Stepan, Goligoski), lack of leadership, and overall lack of grit and willingness to fight for a full 60 minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad