Game #30: Kings vs. Islanders - 12/7/13 - Regulation Shutout Win! 3-0

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Here are the quotes from Sutter's post game presser. I love the last one. Especially how he asks and answers his own question.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2013/12/07/december-7-postgame-quotes-darryl-sutter/
On whether he could elaborate on previous references to things “slipping into” Ben Scrivens’ game:
No. That’s all you want to talk about, is goalies. We just won three-nothing. I would think you would talk about the goalie that played tonight, not the goalie who didn’t. That’s what I would talk about. For sure, that’d be a good story. Jeez. ‘So, Darryl, how do you think Martin Jones played today?’ ‘I thought he was really solid. Made some big saves for us. Jeez. Really held us in there in the first period. I thought he was outstanding.’

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Question: Are all of the ex-Kings that are honored this year on Legends Nights from the pre-Gretzky era since the team wears the purple and gold jerseys for those nights?

Well, there's only been two thus far I believe.

And to answer your question, yes, both Jay Wells and Larry Murphy were pre Gretzky.

I believe Foxy's next, who actually played with Gretzky here in LA.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
Just a whole boat load of awesome from Sutter tonight! :laugh::laugh:

On whether he could elaborate on previous references to things “slipping into†Ben Scrivens’ game:
No. That’s all you want to talk about, is goalies. We just won three-nothing. I would think you would talk about the goalie that played tonight, not the goalie who didn’t. That’s what I would talk about. For sure, that’d be a good story. Jeez. ‘So, Darryl, how do you think Martin Jones played today?’ ‘I thought he was really solid. Made some big saves for us. Jeez. Really held us in there in the first period. I thought he was outstanding.’

http://lakingsinsider.com/2013/12/07/december-7-postgame-quotes-darryl-sutter/

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I can't be the only one that sees the resemblance?

i

John-Mayer-507677-1-402.jpg

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I want to throw **** at my t.v. because of him. "One minute...one minute to go in the 2nd period. Ladies and gentlemen it's a McFluuuuuuuuuuuurrrrryyyy miiiiiiiiiinnnuuuuute.".
Can the organization not see how brutal he is? Is it not as bad live as it is on t.v.?

Common man, it showmanship !

1829091-carrey_riddler.jpg

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
This game was pretty much what a prototypical Kings win has become.

Very systemic. Robotic even. We're like the Borg of hockey teams.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
I found myself talking to the TV directly at Kopi on the bench after he scored.

"See what happens Kopi, when you:

A. Attack the middle of the ice
B. Shoot the puck.

He has the talent and size to do this on a more consistent basis. Please please please let us see this more.

mbar

Dec 7, 2006
Los Angeles
Question: Are all of the ex-Kings that are honored this year on Legends Nights from the pre-Gretzky era since the team wears the purple and gold jerseys for those nights?

No. Kelly hrudey was honored last year and the kings wore the vintage purple. I think when Kelly was on the ice for the pre game he wore his era jersey (Gretzky era). I think that's the idea. So all kings "legends" are eligible. There have been 2 this year so far and at least 5-6 the pat few years before that (maybe even more). I L O V E these vintage uniforms. Wish we wore them every game.

mbar

Dec 7, 2006
Los Angeles
Can anyone even hazard a guess what could get an uninjured goalie benched in the last few hours before face off? My imagination is drawing a blank.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Can anyone even hazard a guess what could get an uninjured goalie benched in the last few hours before face off? My imagination is drawing a blank.

He could be battling an illness. It was a last minute decision and it didn't sound like it was a coach's decision.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
Brown looked good in the 2nd and 3rd, seemed like he was trying to pump up the team in the 2nd. He was hitting everything.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Nothing against quick, but our system makes goalies lives a lot easier.

Quick getting injured was the best thing to happen to our defence. I guess mentally they were very lackadaisical with Quick in net, because they have so much faith in him. With 2 new guys behind them, they have had to focus up and cut those mistakes from their game

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Told you Jones was NHL ready.
I get dogtired of you telling what you have been telling people. I just read it AGAIN somewhere else and barely couldnt control myself.

Than I come over here and I'll be darned...

You constantly come up with this "I told you so" stuff. I actually thought it was a joke in the beginning but you are damn serious. That's kinda worrysome, dude.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I want to throw **** at my t.v. because of him. "One minute...one minute to go in the 2nd period. Ladies and gentlemen it's a McFluuuuuuuuuuuurrrrryyyy miiiiiiiiiinnnuuuuute.".
Can the organization not see how brutal he is? Is it not as bad live as it is on t.v.?

Hasn't it become blatantly obvious that no one that is in charge of in game entertainment or marketing can hear or see at all.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Well, there's only been two thus far I believe.

And to answer your question, yes, both Jay Wells and Larry Murphy were pre Gretzky.

I believe Foxy's next, who actually played with Gretzky here in LA.

Very briefly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad