Pre-Game Talk: Game 3: Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7 p.m., NESN & CNBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I used to know someone who had a legitimate fear of balloons. It was quite comical actually. Remember once when they were in a car with a bunch of helium balloons on route to a birthday party and they lost it and let them all out the windows.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
With Stalberg playing injured (looks like it), I'd be interested in seeing White slot in for him. I think he'd have a pretty good showing in a playoff game in his hometown.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Less than 12 hours to g0!

24 hours to g0. :popcorn:

I hope to see something like this below on our jerseys in a couple of rounds.

picture.php

Hard to believe it's been 10 years!!!!!!!!

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
With Stalberg playing injured (looks like it), I'd be interested in seeing White slot in for him. I think he'd have a pretty good showing in a playoff game in his hometown.

Perhaps, but I doubt Boucher even considers that an option right now. We will see either Wingels or Kelly come in for Stalberg......or we will dress 7 defensemen(which wouldn't be at all surprising given Methots health and the fact that blue liners have been dropping like flies these playoffs).

Uncle Eugene

Buckle Up.
Mar 19, 2010
Barbados
I'd like to see Neil in for Pyatt tonight. His leadership and intensity in 6 minutes of ice time is more valuable than what Pyatt has been bringing to the table. Plus Pyatt's got two noticeable gaffes that led to Bruins goals, he just seems to lack the intensity that's necessary in the playoffs.

If Boro can't go I'd love to see Harps draw in. Realistically we will see Claesson who hasn't been bad. I just think Harpur has the potential to bring more to the table.

Is it too much to ask to get a Ceci scratch?

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I'd like to see Neil in for Pyatt tonight. His leadership and intensity in 6 minutes of ice time is more valuable than what Pyatt has been bringing to the table. Plus Pyatt's got two noticeable gaffes that led to Bruins goals, he just seems to lack the intensity that's necessary in the playoffs.

If Boro can't go I'd love to see Harps draw in. Realistically we will see Claesson who hasn't been bad. I just think Harpur has the potential to bring more to the table.

It is, yes.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

giphy.gif

Agreed on both comments. Neil should draw in the lineup. His style of play is well suited against the Bruins. We could use his physicality and his ability to battle along the boards and around the net. This series has been chippy so Neil would fit right in.

I haven't been impressed with Pyatt in the playoffs so far. Pyatt had one good shift in game 1 but aside from that he hasn't contributed much and like you said made some gaffs that contributed to the Bruins scoring. Neil adds more value than Pyatt, at least in this series.

Harpur coming in would also be good. Claesson has looked good but I found Harpur to be more poised. Harpur will likely play the safer game and he has looked very well rounded in the games he has played. If Boro can't play then it might be a good idea to give Harpur a chance.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Did we have trouble with Carolina or Washington?

I fail to see what that has to do with someone saying we are better off playing Boston with Krug, Miller, Mcquaid, Krejci and Carlo than without?

Unless I'm missing something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uncle Eugene

Buckle Up.
Mar 19, 2010
Barbados
I fail to see what that has to do with someone saying we are better off playing Boston with Krug, Miller, Mcquaid, Krejci and Carlo than without?

Unless I'm missing something.

What he said.

Their AHL blue line tonight should be feasted upon if we decide to up the pressure.

Last edited by a moderator:

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
If Staberg and Boro are injured, these are the lines I would like to see.

MacArthur-Brassard-Ryan
Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Dzingel-Pageau-Burrows
Smith-White-Neil

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Harpur-Weidman

They could mix up the line combos to see what works best. Maybe a Burrows-Smith-Neil line or if Smith goes up with Hoffman and Stone, then Turris can play with Dzingel and one of Burrows, White or Pageau.

alfstheman

Jul 2, 2009
Extremely small sample size can skew statistics.

He can't do much about open shots in the slot after defensive breakdowns from being hemmed in their own zone.

Those types of goals account for 3 of 5 of the GA's. 1 was off a nice tip and the other was completely and totally his fault. Take away the blunder and I have zero issue with his goaltending to be completely honest.

Rask's numbers are .911 sv% and 2.46 GAA and I think we can all agree he's been pretty solid. He doesn't have too many weak GA's.

Problem with small sample sizes.

Check out the Bruins board and they seem to think Rask handed the sens the 2nd game...

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
If Staberg and Boro are injured, these are the lines I would like to see.

MacArthur-Brassard-Ryan
Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Dzingel-Pageau-Burrows
Smith-White-Neil

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Harpur-Weidman

They could mix up the line combos to see what works best. Maybe a Burrows-Smith-Neil line or if Smith goes up with Hoffman and Stone, then Turris can play with Dzingel and one of Burrows, White or Pageau.

Absolutely terrible. Harpur and Neil would get eaten alive, especially with BOS having last change. Also you want to put White in where he's only played 2 games. We need both Pyatt and Claesson in there. Pyatt for his PK and Claesson for hit puck movement.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Second goal was weak, imo. There was a net presence, but that shot really shouldn't go in. That was a huge turning point. No fault on the 1st or 3rd goals. I tend to think there was sufficient net presence on the OT goal to say it wasn't a bad goal. I don't think Rask was the reason they lost, but that was a bad goal against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad