Pre-Game Talk: Game 3: Pittsburgh Penguins vs. New York Rangers 4/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraAlphanse

I think Girardi wants to be out there. I think the Rangers are giving him an opportunity to heal up before he gets in. If we get past the pens I don't see him back until the 2nd round. Soonest

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I hate misleading posts like what Gross just sent out. Diaz had one powerplay point with us (an assist) for us in 11 games. I get it that he has to try to paint the guy in a positive light, but don't make it seem like he was a huge contribution to our powerplay.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins 4m4 minutes ago
Coach Sullivan on Fleury: "Marc's status is the same. It's day-to-day."

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia
Just great. AVs other pet diaz is back. Cant wait for him to play for dylan or skjei and get outmuscled on the boards every time

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
I could see him perhaps playing over Dylan, but not Skjei. I think AV may be developing a new pet in Brady.

Diaz was good for us in 2014. I don't have a problem with him playing over the Undertaker as long as he can still play like he did back then. I don't want to see Skjei come out of the lineup for him though.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Would be ok with diaz in for Boyle albeit Boyle hasn't been abominable lately although I'm sure that could change. Still would prefer Mcilrath over diaz because of his physicality and the fact that most of the pens don't like to be touched. There's no way he's going in for skjei. Skjei has been really good in both games even on the pk.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Diaz was good for us in 2014. I don't have a problem with him playing over the Undertaker as long as he can still play like he did back then. I don't want to see Skjei come out of the lineup for him though.

Totally agree, I thought they should have kept Diaz around after 2014. I think Dylan will get game 3, but I wouldn't have an issue with Diaz playing at some point.

Did Diaz spend anytime paired with Sjkei this year in HFD?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I hate misleading posts like what Gross just sent out. Diaz had one powerplay point with us (an assist) for us in 11 games. I get it that he has to try to paint the guy in a positive light, but don't make it seem like he was a huge contribution to our powerplay.

Being a right handed shot can be a contribution in and of itself.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Hey all. I know the ads can be frustrating but the HF sponsorship will get rid of all advertisements (as well as give you a bigger avatar and more username changes). Other methods of advertisement circumvention aren't allowed to be discussed. If any one has questions as to why this is, please PM me and I will be happy to explain.

Information on the benefits of being a sponsor can be found here

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Say McDonagh can go tomorrow night, what are the chances AV goes with that Staal-McDonagh pairing to match-up against Crosby's line, so he can go back to Yandle-Klein to take the Kessel line? Skjei-Boyle would be the third pair, and yes I do expect him to scratch McIlrath if McD can go.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Seriously when was the last time Diaz played in the NHL??? And he's going to jump in and be better than mcilraith or skjei in a playoff game??? I swear AV is next level stupid if he plays him

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Seriously when was the last time Diaz played in the NHL??? And he's going to jump in and be better than mcilraith or skjei in a playoff game??? I swear AV is next level stupid if he plays him

played last year for the flames, 56 games.

And he isn't playing over Skjei. But I could see him over McI at some point.

the truth is that AV just doesn't seem to trust McI, so it is what it is.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

He had a couple of power play goals in the preseason and got everyone all excited like he was a power play weapon when he's never been that.

If McDonagh is healthy I fully expect Skjei and McIlrath to be out of the lineup and Diaz in.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
He had a couple of power play goals in the preseason and got everyone all excited like he was a power play weapon when he's never been that.

If McDonagh is healthy I fully expect Skjei and McIlrath to be out of the lineup and Diaz in.

if McD is in tomorrow, McI comes out and Skjei moves to the right side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad