Post-Game Talk: Game 3 - New York Rangers @ Winnipeg Jets - 8pm EST , MSG

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
I am being serious. Like I said it's not a huge deal, we're talking about the 6D. We can agree to disagree, but IMO he struggled with the puck all night and the majority of the metrics we have access to support that observation.
Sorry, but you are wrong. Look at what ever metric you like. Hajek was fine.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Jaro was awesome. the guys had 0 jump, save for a few minutes. happens. only game 3 of 82. on to the next one
Yeah, he was. Halak did everything he could to pull off "a Hank or Shesty game" in which the team was pretty overmatched partially due to 3 in 4. Those circumstances AND their opening night, you would think we would have gotten blown out. NOT the case.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
No, because GG isn't going to have Hajek sit for 20 games at a time. He's going to be like a backup goalie, getting a start every few games whether fans like it or not. I can see them wanting to ease Jones into an 82 game NHL season. So expect Hajek on the second of back to backs, etc.
Agreed on what youve said. Hayek (despite the "non-love) is still probably better defensively than Jones. Makes sense to have him in there when Halak plays.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Not necessarily rest, but the 13th forward and 7th defensemen need intermittent reps to keep them fresh and up to speed in case there's a serious long term injury that forces them into constant service for a period of time.

I'd rather just call up Robertson/Rydahl if that happened but you never know.
Well, if you do that and THEY (either, or) sit most of the time then they arent getting the necessary reps. Apparently Hayek is the sacrificial lamb. At this point, no one should expect miracles from the kid. The Rangers aren't doing him any favors, but I guess he brought that upon himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad