Post-Game Talk: Game 3 - New York Rangers @ Winnipeg Jets - 8pm EST , MSG

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Hajek was objectively terrible in this game. Don’t want to make more noise about a 6D but it is so frustrating to see them play a terrible player because “we have to get him in” or because Jones isn’t consistently Adam Fox off the jump.
Are you being serious? Hajek was not terrible. He actually played pretty damn good.
I get that its cool to jump on the hate Hajek bandwagon, but your assessment is far from objective.

Reactions: trilobyte

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
384526F0-B595-4333-A64C-EB5D87DB0D8F.gif

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Got up to work, while people were still writing after the game ended.

Looks like I missed a frustrating one. 3-0 would have been nice though.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Because Jones gave the puck away for a goal last game in horrific fashion .
No, because GG isn't going to have Hajek sit for 20 games at a time. He's going to be like a backup goalie, getting a start every few games whether fans like it or not. I can see them wanting to ease Jones into an 82 game NHL season. So expect Hajek on the second of back to backs, etc.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
What can I say that hasn't been said already? Apples and grapes.

I mean...it hasn't been said

As for relevant game commentary:

Fav part: trouba breaking up a 4 on 1

Least fav: hunt scored, he'll be on that line w panarin until 2024 now

Other Least fav part: I'm saying 2024 like it's just around the corner and not a lifetime away

CaptainUgly

Jackie made me look in the mirror for punishment
Apr 22, 2018
Laughed at Trouba saying “not really” when asked if it’s special to be back in Winnipeg. This guy has been running pure since leaving that hell hole

glad he left this hell hole because he’s the reason we won!

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
After sleeping, some thoughts.

- Kids continue to look great
- The top lines in general seem to click, which I was sceptical about at first. Puts Kravy in a tough situation, but frankly having Kakko and Laf in the top-6 is absolutely the way things should be at this point
- Halak was great
- Hajek should not play unless there's an injury. I don't care how bad Jones was, if you want to send a message then find someone else besides Hajek.
- The result was expected, the way it came was a bit disappointing. Hellebuyck stood on his head when we actually came alive in the 2nd. Should've scored there.
- Extremely disappointed in Trouba at the end of the game. Making that type of a mistake in the closing minutes when you are chasing a game is unacceptable for any defenceman. Let alone a guy getting paid 8 million bucks. Who's the CAPTAIN of the goddamn team. I don't think a captain has to be the best player in the team, but he has to lead by example on and off the ice. That type of a mistake CAN'T happen!

Onto the next one, if you were to tell me we are 2-1 after playing the first 3 games in 4 days and the opponents were who they were, I think we would all take it gladly.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I love how people, who happen to be professional athletes, are expected to be perfect, NEVER make a mistake, pure perfection. Except that the previous game Fox made a mistake that cost a goal too. It happens. It's especially notable when it's a defenseman or a goalie. But they are going to happen, even if you pin a letter on a guy. Mistakes will happen. It's a long season.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
4pm yesterday I told all the guys at work who know nothing about hockey whom now gamble on hockey because of my tips: "First b2b of the year, shittiest road trip to the great north, backup playing, clearly a loss."

I can't believe that was the first almost full game I watched this season.

Shesty/Blais/Krav in, we run that team.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
How did we play last night? I missed the game and couldn’t follow along here because this disgrace of a website wouldn’t refresh.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
Watched the Halloween movie last night during the game but watched the highlights after looking at the score, I thought Winnipeg killed us but we were tied 1-1 with 5 left in regulation sounds like a close game where their goaltending won them the game. I think it's a OT win if we have Igor. 3 in 4 we were also tired

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Are you being serious? Hajek was not terrible. He actually played pretty damn good.
I get that its cool to jump on the hate Hajek bandwagon, but your assessment is far from objective.

I am being serious. Like I said it's not a huge deal, we're talking about the 6D. We can agree to disagree, but IMO he struggled with the puck all night and the majority of the metrics we have access to support that observation.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
How did we play last night? I missed the game and couldn’t follow along here because this disgrace of a website wouldn’t refresh.

Bad 1st, amazing 2nd, solid 1st half of the 3rd and bad 2nd half of the 3rd. Overall, they probably should have gotten at least a point with how good the stretches they dominated were and Hellebuyck definitely won the Jets the game with how he played in the 2nd but at the same time, their fate was kind of deserved with how they played the final 10.

I am being serious. Like I said it's not a huge deal, we're talking about the 6D. We can agree to disagree, but IMO he struggled with the puck all night and the majority of the metrics we have access to support that observation.

There was one shift the Rangers had possession in Winnipeg's zone and he got the puck at the point and flipped a nothing wrister that didn't even make it to the net as it got picked off by a Winnipeg player for a transition the other way. Infuriating to watch.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
There's no reason to play him over Jones, he provides no upside or benefit compared to letting Jones work through whatever shortcomings he may have. It sucks that is how coaches operate.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Name a sport where subs never get into games
name a sport where playing a verifiably non-major league player in major league games for no purpose other than “reps” is acceptable

the problem isn’t hajek being a “sub” the problem is hajek being absolute dog shit on skates with no NHL skills. i could maybe buy this if it were an NHL vet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad