GDT: Game 3, Hawks @ Leafs: 6PM Central on NBCS-CHI and NHLN-US--Don't Upset Evil Saad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I dont think any of the Blackhawks lacked effort, I just think they were soundly outplayed.

Leafs are going to make a lot of teams look really bad this year and many years to come.

I do think the Schmaltz absence hurt because the domino effect down the lineup as guys have been moved around is the Blackhawks basically have one great line and 3 weak lines.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
You guys who expect this, or any, team to win games like this all season long are being completely unreasonable.

After the first they skated circles around us and they have the speed/energy to do so. IMO, at some point we need need to see the Hawks trade chances at that level (which I think they're certainly capable of) but tonight is not the time.

Let it go already.

Reactions: BrianE

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
We were terrible and that had little to do with Toronto. We literally had 5 x the amount of unforced errors in the last two periods than we did in the first two games combined. We look tired, sloppy, and disinterested.

Agreed.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I dont think any of the Blackhawks lacked effort, I just think they were soundly outplayed.

Leafs are going to make a lot of teams look really bad this year and many years to come.

I do think the Schmaltz absence hurt because the domino effect down the lineup as guys have been moved around is the Blackhawks basically have one great line and 3 weak lines.

I agree with this - the Hawks made some dumb plays but how many point blank chances did the Leafs fan on tonight? 10? Hawks got skated off the ice outside of a 10 minute stretch in the first period.

Reactions: ToMaLe

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I thought we were playing g against a whole team of McDavid given the speed and puck pursuit Leafs had all night..As usual..you play 1 period only and stink the last 2 periods and you are likely gonna lose ..too often Cou try Club Q cannot get a whole 60 for. His guys ..At least we had 1 good period..so e nights we get only 5 monutes of hard work. IF Leafs keep giving efforts of relentless will and pressure and speed as they did tonight then they have to be top contenders for a Cup. BUT if this is all we can come up with...we are not going to go very far ...They wanted to make a statement of who was best ..we did not ...1 period of good play and 2 of dreadful effort is not a recipe for success ..it is again a manifestation of Country Club attitude on tge part of a team whose coach did not hag-skate them to the level of skating speed and conditioning to allow a relentless hustle for 3 periods like Babcock has his team in..Maybe they will not use that statement -making ability against alk opponents and take so e night's off..but you know the ability to go relentless for 60 is in their arsenal..with us..you know we coukd never keep such a level of hustle battle and relentless will for the puck for a full 60 let alone for a playoff series.In shirt we got exposedtonight.our want just not goidvenough.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Seabrook has ZERO business EVER playing in a 3 on 3. He is slower than frozen honey and OT is all about speed in transition. He's literally the slowest player on the team.

We were outplayed but this is the kind of **** that has many fed up with Q. The PP nonsense, which may have cost us the game, as well as the OT decisions were indefensible. I'm sure some people will try though.

I say fire Kitchen.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Q just said in his presser that they're not telling the centermen why they're getting kicked out. WHAT?!

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
See some posters who were nowhere to be seen the first two games all of a sudden show up in full force when we lose. What a surprise.....

Not sure if everyone expected us to keep up what we did the first few games, but yes we were thoroughly outplayed by a very good, fast team the last two periods and OT on their home ice. We lacked the speed, aggressiveness, and energy we had the first two games. Might have been a little overconfident. Looked a lot like last years team where we are dominated but somehow come out with points. It was a bad game.

Positives were:

1) Got a point
2) May have found ourselves a good back up goalie

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

Personally, I think Hawks got soundly outplayed because they lacked effort. Leafs did a lot of good, but the play of Keith and Kane in OT was all you needed to watch to see how little the team gave a crap. The majority of the passes by those two were well off their mark, and that's how they played the whole game after the first period.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Leafs are overrated as all heck, you'll see in due time.

Yep, they've got some GREAT young talent and did wonders in short time with underrated finds. At the same time, they, like Nashville, rely one putting forth a measurably higher margin of effort on every shift. Teams like that always run into a wall along the way and they will too unless they can keep that up literally every game of the post season after already skating like this in the regular season.

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
At least the Toews line looked nice, Saad is really damn good

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Q just said in his presser that they're not telling the centermen why they're getting kicked out. WHAT?!

Teams should start putting their second choice for faceoffs in there at the start, since the linesmen won't have the balls to kick someone out twice and call a DoG.

At least the Toews line looked nice, Saad is really damn good

Saad was the fastest and strongest player on the ice tonight. Awesome to watch.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

Yep, they've got some GREAT young talent and did wonders in short time with underrated finds. At the same time, they, like Nashville, rely one putting forth a measurably higher margin of effort on every shift. Teams like that always run into a wall along the way and they will too unless they can keep that up literally every game of the post season after already skating like this in the regular season.

'They try too hard every night" may be the weakest criticism of a team I've heard in a long time.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Teams should start putting their second choice for faceoffs in there at the start, since the linesmen won't have the balls to kick someone out twice and call a DoG.

Saad was the fastest and strongest player on the ice tonight. Awesome to watch.

Didn't they already prove in the preaseason that they DO have the balls to do that?

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017

You're right. The Maple Leafs have great young talent but they play too hard.

Big problem for Toronto. Talent and effort? What is Babcock doing?

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Leafs fan here - you guys are still one of the best, and I have a lot of respect for this team

On the other hand we have suffered for decade - I hope we are going to see some success in future

Have always posted on this board after every single stanley cup win for you guys

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Also there's one Toronto team that plays at the ACC where 'trying too hard in the regular season' is a legitimate criticism, but its not the Leafs.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Then you clearly did not watch the game.

Nah. They tried, the other guys were better.

People seem to ascribe a lack of effort every time our guys get soundly outplayed. Heard the same nonsense during the Nashville series.

It was primarily the other guys making the Blackhawks look bad, simply by playing so much better around and through them. The Leafs werent given anything. They simply took what they wanted from players that didnt have the ability to stop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad