GDT: Game 3, Hawks @ Leafs: 6PM Central on NBCS-CHI and NHLN-US--Don't Upset Evil Saad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoist

May 1, 2015
**** this stupid game. **** you Joel. **** you team. **** all of you (the team, not HF Hawks).

I'm okay with an OT loss. I'm NOT okay with this team laying the biggest of ****ing eggs after the first period. What the hell? WHAT THE HELL?!?....

Lol, was this really necessary?

Reactions: Matt Ravlich

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
Refs didn't want Toews taking any faceoffs in that game

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Well the better team won tonight.Statement Hame by Leafs...We looked as bad as we did against Nashvilke last spring. Leafs schooled us on tge concept if relentless just as Nashville did ...too many Bounty Club no shows ..and over paid incompetent who cannot play the game anymore . We hot a Loser point but then point is. .we got embarrassed .

There is no such thing as a statement game this early in the season.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Game 3 of 82, ladies and gents. Calm down.
Some of that was sarcasm. I am mad, but more than anything, I'm really f***ing confused...

Like the fact that even on 3-on-3, Kane and Keith gave no shits. Like what? Stop passing it to a Leafs jersey. It's literally the most confusing game I've seen from this team in years.

WJSN

Cosmic
Dec 22, 2013
I couldn't believe Forsling and Seabrook had to take draws tonight. I'm all for strictly enforced faceoffs but these refs were way over the top.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Well the better team won tonight.Statement Hame by Leafs...We looked as bad as we did against Nashvilke last spring. Leafs schooled us on tge concept if relentless just as Nashville did ...too many Bounty Club no shows ..and over paid incompetent who cannot play the game anymore . We hot a Loser point but then point is. .we got embarrassed .

We were terrible and that had little to do with Toronto. We literally had 5 x the amount of unforced errors in the last two periods than we did in the first two games combined. We look tired, sloppy, and disinterested.

It's one game but there was ZERO heart displayed out there tonight. And our coach continues to NOT put us in the best position to win games. The STs personnel (PP) and the OT lineups were just dumb. At this point I blame the GM for not doing his f***ing job by not giving an ultimatum in PP set up and personnel. Putting pointmen on their shot sides (so we can actually shoot one-timers) and getting Keith off of it entirely aren't hard concepts to grasp. Yet Q continues to demonstrate he doesn't look at states, review video of his own team, or look at video of successful PPs around the league.

This is one of those times where the moronic set-ups and personnel contributed greatly to a dearth of chances in a close game. One PP goal (or 2) might have given us the victory...even if we were outplayed.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Good to get the point. Not a great effort and crapped away two 2 goal leads

Kane was bad

Seabeook looked painfully slow against a fast team

Keith was a disaster.

21 shots in 3 periods including 6 power plays? That is pathetic

OT and it's seabrook, Kero and anismov?

5 of 6 points to start the season. I'll take that

A couple of observations:

- 12 penalties called in one hockey game? Cmon NHL

- Lost in this flurry of points, Anisimov looks terrible. Slow as hell.

- I realize they let up against Pitt, but the PP has been terrible. Needs to be addressed immediately.

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
Hino should be in the lineup vs. a team this fast

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Kane was the worst of the Hawks tonight. Didn’t cover his man on o e goal the. The turnover in OT that led to the winner. He was very poor all game.

Reactions: Matt Ravlich

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Definitely the worst I've seen from Kane in awhile

Penalties killed the flow, but I'm all for it if the refs are consistent and stick with it until the players adjust. Will only help us going forward

Side note - best weekday atmosphere at the ACC I've ever been at - nice to see.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
If this reffing is a sign of things to come, this season is going to frustrating. From 12 penalties called to the face off silliness, the stripes are trying to become the story.

We already have the NFL for that.

Reactions: BK and BobbyJet

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
1) Kane was horrible tonight. Missed D assignments and looked disinterested

2) The second line had no jam to it whatsoever and I think Anisimov isn't a fit (also see the above)

3) The kicking out of the dot needs to be cooled down A LOT. I don't know what the refs and league is trying to do with this but it really sucks

4) 12 total penalties tonight, the Hawks had 4 slashing penalties. I'm fine with this rule change but the players need to adapt quickly because it takes away all of the flow and I'd bet that played a part in the Hawks going from looking awesome in the first period to them looking like the total opposite of that the rest of the game.

Reactions: Salvaged Ship

migi

Feb 25, 2015
+ 1 point
+ Saad
+ Forsberg
+ Rutta

- everyone else were either bad or meh

Anisimov and Kane were by far worst players tonight.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
At least forsberg proved after the preseason he had that it wasn’t a farce. Also Saad continues to impress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad