GDT: Game 3, Hawks @ Leafs: 6PM Central on NBCS-CHI and NHLN-US--Don't Upset Evil Saad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
tumblr_oximhvqcZe1w8vvh3o1_540.png

Evil Saad is an all powerful being able to burn villages down, give people low level tinnitus from goal horns, and to embarrass any team in his way. I've compiled a list of things we, as mere mortals, should avoid doing to upset him. I've also assembled a short list of things that he refuses to set on fire due to these objects sheer beauty.

Things you shouldn't do to/in front of evil Saad:
  • Block his shots
  • Compare Auston Matthews to Jonathan Toews
  • Hurt Nick Schmaltz
  • Mention the city of Columbus
  • Call the theatrical masterpiece known as MacGruber stupid
  • Wear a #20 jersey that doesn't have his name on the back
  • Talk crap about Saaderman
  • Putting the Hawks anywhere but first on an NHL power ranking
  • Mention his mortal enemy Beetlejuice by name three times
  • Question the significance of plus/minus
  • Sing a Katy Perry song but forget some of the lyrics
  • Talk about how fishy the Hossa LTIR thing was
  • Beat him at Jenga
Things he loves too much to burn:
  • Hockey pucks
  • A DVD of Cool Runnings
  • Daffodils
  • John Scott's book
  • A cassette mixtape with only one song on it; Single Ladies by Beyonce
  • Patrick Kane's forhead...mainly because of how bright and shiny it is

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Had a different idea planned for this game, but that concept will need a few more days before it'll be done.

Also, make sure to give the OP a like!

Reactions: Aestivalis

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
just keep playing like the first 2 games and everything is good. Not much to say so far other than lighting them up

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I wonder if Franson and Oesterle will get a taste finally or Q waits for the Habs game for those shifts

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I expect we play Forsberg in net against TOR...the reason is CC has a great record vs.MTL and it is his hometown ...so instead of playing Forsberg in Montreal we probably put in CC there in front of his family and friends ...also if the Leafs ho statement on us tonight and we lose ..well there is tge conventional "But Leafs did not beat our #2 goalie " excuse. .SO if this hapoens ,pity Forsberg having to face that offense Toronto has...5 lines that can score.Of course we are out 2 starting C's,so there is also that excuse if we lose this game.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
L
I expect we play Forsberg in net against TOR...the reason is CC has a great record vs.MTL and it is his hometown ...so instead of playing Forsberg in Montreal we probably put in CC there in front of his family and friends ...also if the Leafs ho statement on us tonight and we lose ..well there is tge conventional "But Leafs did not beat our #2 goalie " excuse. .SO if this hapoens ,pity Forsberg having to face that offense Toronto has...5 lines that can score.Of course we are out 2 starting C's,so there is also that excuse if we lose this game.

Logical.... not a strength of our HC.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Weird how some analysts are making this out to be some kind of enormous gauge on how good the Hawks are, as if any result in Game 3 of an 82 game season will be an indication of how the rest of the season will go. Suddenly the Leafs are apparently a dynasty....

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Any word on your line up and starter for tonight, given you guys have the back to back?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Weird how some analysts are making this out to be some kind of enormous gauge on how good the Hawks are, as if any result in Game 3 of an 82 game season will be an indication of how the rest of the season will go. Suddenly the Leafs are apparently a dynasty....

Is it Canadian media? Because they've always trashed the Hawks and propped up the Leafs so they have no choice but to go all in on this one and pretend it didn't happen if the Hawks win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad