GDT: Game 3: Carolina @ Winnipeg, 7pm

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Remember when the Canes hired Muller and the PP was supposed to magically be unstoppable? Then it wasn't?

The personnel on the PP means so much more than the coaching it's borderline ridiculous. Or have the Caps had the same PP coach for the last 10 years and I'm missing something.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Agreed. I watch other power plays and they move the puck well compared to ours. The other team only fears Faulk at the point the rest of our team isn't feared at all. No one drives and is able to dish no good overloads (Cause it's going to Faulk on the backdoor). I'm shocked that they don't do an overload and have Aho or TT on the backside for the score. Skinner would get attention unless there was asome good passing (Also missing) to break down the D beforehand. I guess it just feels like opposing D's feel they can press w/o regards to safety cause we haven't shown we can beat them. and until we do well might as well do it.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Yeah I agree with the above. Our PP is very passive and teams can play aggressively against it without much risk. I will say our entries have been a lot better recently than in years past. Personnel is also a factor and a big body would be nice.

I seem to recall a 6'4" 220 lb center on the roster...

Seriously, I'm sick as **** of Jordan Staal never putting his ass in front of the net. He's very effective when he does it, but he only does it once in a blue moon. And given his lack of interest in doing stuff like that, I'm still really pissed that we made him quasi-captain.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Carolina called a time out for their 4-on-3 in OT. Aho, TT, Rask, Faulk I believe.

They spent 45 seconds passing the puck around, not a one moving. Then Aho got it below the circle left (goalie view), waited until the BJ jumped at cross ice pass and tried to roof one past Bob.

Was that the play they called in the timeout? I hope not, it was awful, you wasted near half your powerplay for a low percentage chance against one of the best goalies in the League.

Last edited:

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
6466764D-0D30-4B58-A199-EC4208256CD8.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad