PGT: Game 3: Canada 14 - Denmark 0

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
I can't believe the Canadian team didn't spend the latter half of the game just passing it back and forth and taking slapshots directly at the boards. Really inconsiderate of them to treat Denmark as a legitimate opponent and actually play hockey.

Passionis

Dec 10, 2015
I think most people are just jealouse that Canada really is that good that they can still win 14-0 even when not trying the hardest. These are teenagers and they are just having a blast getting easy goals and a chance to show case their skills.

But the danger is that it goes to their heads, which is very easy and it's coaches job to bring them back down to earth, otherwise other good teams will do that for them.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
I think most people are just jealouse that Canada really is that good that they can still win 14-0 even when not trying the hardest. These are teenagers and they are just having a blast getting easy goals and a chance to show case their skills.

But the danger is that it goes to their heads, which is very easy and it's coaches job to bring them back down to earth, otherwise other good teams will do that for them.
I'm jealouse of your spelling

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Poor Denmark. They’re up in a few minutes vs Russia. Not even a full 24 hrs to recover. Let’s see how many the Russians get past them today.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Your argument is realt weak buddy, they played 5v5, pulling the goalie to score more is even more insulting and not in any way logical
Correct, buddy.

If the goal is to get the largest goal differential no matter what, to beat clearly outmatched teams then pull the goalie, throw in a d to stop the desperation attempts at the empty net.

Because beating a team 14 zero is for chumps if you can beat them 25 to zero, amirite?

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Poor Denmark. They’re up in a few minutes vs Russia. Not even a full 24 hrs to recover. Let’s see how many the Russians get past them today.
Because of the goal differential advantage, if they go up 12, the third and fourth lines will be stapled to the bench,

Hazzah!

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Correct, buddy.

If the goal is to get the largest goal differential no matter what, to beat clearly outmatched teams then pull the goalie, throw in a d to stop the desperation attempts at the empty net.

Because beating a team 14 zero is for chumps if you can beat them 25 to zero, amirite?

I feel like you're not getting it on purpose so i'll leave it at that

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
I am also embarrased by the 14 goals. There is a time to stop, and it was before hitting double digits. I get the goal differential thing but try and show some respect to your opponent. Bad karma and bad habits coming for team Canada.

Lmao. Half the goals were shots at the net. What do they do, set up and dump the puck?

You sound like a participant ribbon kind of guy. If the ywere going all out then sure it's a little much, but half their goals were softer than baby shit.

Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Are they supposed to just quit playing and let Denmark score against them?

That’s even more disrespectful to the spirit of competition and both teams.
This is just so rich listening to the people talk about us having no class. we literally did indeed let up and they still couldn't stop simple plays from going in the net, what was Canada supposed to do anyway? play like pee-wee players and intentionally stop making plays on purpose and start letting the danes score goals with our goalie bailing from the net in order to show "sportsmanship"?Doing something like that would be show9ng DISRESPECT and Canada doesn't do that. I can contrast that with the antics of a few countries i won't name that if they were still scoring goals in the teens they would be carrying on like bufoons acting like it was a gold medal winning goal, I've seen it many times in the past, they don't give a damn about running up the score, they actually enjoy it, it makes them feel good about themselves. Even on the silly goals that the danes should never have let it yet did due to basically giving up long ago you didnt see our players jumping into the glass and acting like morons, they just skated with their heads down gave each player a few gentle pats on the helmet and then straight to the bench......................zero arrogant attitude.

But you can't win when you are Canada, these same people from all over that are here with only the express interest in needling us any way they can would be the same guys who would be the first here taunting us if say the game ended 5-2 Canada or god forbid a shootout loss or something. Then they would be here with the usual........."haha,Canada not so good, can't even beat Denmark by big score.

We just can't win, no matter what we do.

Every f***ing year on this site, the same clowns doing the same trolling............................and nothing is ever done about it, and I won't say why nothing is done about it but I know why nothing is done about it.

But f*** them all........................we played well, the Danes didn't, and the score was 100% justified and we don't have a single thing to be ashamed about.

It's really hard to listen to some of these clowns at international tournaments every year.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Someone actually said Canada should've stopped playing? What the heck, if your opponent is bad you score many goals. If you are competitive, you don't stop.
One voice of reason, not surprised you are one of them.

Can you imagine how insulting it would be to that Danish team to start rolling over and play like punks so as not to embarrass them?

That would be an INSULT to them.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
One voice of reason, not surprised you are one of them.

Can you imagine how insulting it would be to that Danish team to start rolling over and play like punks so as not to embarrass them?

That would be an INSULT to them.
I don't think that Canada even played 100% when the game was 7-0 or something. If you have a chance to shoot, you shoot. I agree with that being insulting to Denmark if their opponent would just stop trying because they are too bad for Canadians even try. No, nope.

Reactions: Cellee and jj cale

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
What's the problem ?

Russia and other strong European teams always crank up the scores against weaker teams. Team Canada cannot do that, too ?
No, we aren't allowed actually.

In fact, it is illegal for Canadian teams to do anything positive and for Canadian fans to even say one of our players so much as made a nice pass.

It was a rule passed by fans of other countries decades ago and strictly enforced on HF, surprised you weren't aware of it.

Reactions: Cellee

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
This is just so rich listening to the people talk about us having no class. we literally did indeed let up and they still couldn't stop simple plays from going in the net, what was Canada supposed to do anyway? play like pee-wee players and intentionally stop making plays on purpose and start letting the danes score goals with our goalie bailing from the net in order to show "sportsmanship"?Doing something like that would be show9ng DISRESPECT and Canada doesn't do that. I can contrast that with the antics of a few countries i won't name that if they were still scoring goals in the teens they would be carrying on like bufoons acting like it was a gold medal winning goal, I've seen it many times in the past, they don't give a damn about running up the score, they actually enjoy it, it makes them feel good about themselves. Even on the silly goals that the danes should never have let it yet did due to basically giving up long ago you didnt see our players jumping into the glass and acting like morons, they just skated with their heads down gave each player a few gentle pats on the helmet and then straight to the bench......................zero arrogant attitude.

But you can't win when you are Canada, these same people from all over that are here with only the express interest in needling us any way they can would be the same guys who would be the first here taunting us if say the game ended 5-2 Canada or god forbid a shootout loss or something. Then they would be here with the usual........."haha,Canada not so good, can't even beat Denmark by big score.

We just can't win, no matter what we do.

Every ****ing year on this site, the same clowns doing the same trolling............................and nothing is ever done about it, and I won't say why nothing is done about it but I know why nothing is done about it.

But **** them all........................we played well, the Danes didn't, and the score was 100% justified and we don't have a single thing to be ashamed about.

It's really hard to listen to some of these clowns at international tournaments every year.

One of the many reason why I have always said that Canada has it harder than any other hockey nation.

No matter what we do, it's classless and obnoxious.

Reactions: Cellee

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I don't think that Canada even played 100% when the game was 7-0 or something. If you have a chance to shoot, you shoot. I agree with that being insulting to Denmark if their opponent would just stop trying because they are too bad to Canadians even try. No, nope.
As usual.............I agree with you. It just stuns me that so many other fans just don't get it, I think actually they just don't WANT to get it, and I know why that is.

Anyway, I didn't get to see the Finland-Sweden game last night,, thoughts negative and positive on your teams game and players games last night if you don't mind? would appreciate your take on that game, thanks.

Reactions: snipes and FinPanda

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
One of the many reason why I have always said that Canada has it harder than any other hockey nation.

No matter what we do, it's classless and obnoxious.
It's absolutely criminal the standard we get held to that no one else does......................and it's bullshit that it's let go on around here. Calling out the clear bias that is allowed to go unimpeded against us here at hf may get me infracted but i don't care because I'm not afraid to tell it like it is.

Place needs to be cleaned up. Hockey discussion would get so much better and mature.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
As usual.............I agree with you. It just stuns me that so many other fans just don't get it, I think actually they just don't WANT to get it, and I know why that is.

Anyway, I didn't get to see the Finland-Sweden game last night,, thoughts negative and positive on your teams game and players games last night if you don't mind? would appreciate your take on that game, thanks.
Canadians are always the bad guys because they have skill to beat anyone and usually doesn't struggle with "smaller" hockey countries.

Umm, about Finland-Sweden. Goaltending, Kakko, Lundell were good. First line was mostly terrible, Kupari was ok. Otto Latvala was terrible and should've been benched. Finns overall were bad most of the game, they started playing in the third period. We took many stupid penalties and it cost the game. Sweden played great team game, thats why they always succeed without having the best players. They play like a true team and with their skill it is enough to win these preliminary games. Interesting to see how they play when it is time for the playoffs.

Reactions: snipes and jj cale

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Canadians are always the bad guys because they have skill to beat anyone and usually doesn't struggle with "smaller" hockey countries.

Umm, about Finland-Sweden. Goaltending, Kakko, Lundell were good. First line was mostly terrible, Kupari was ok. Otto Latvala was terrible and should've been benched. Finns overall were bad most of the game, they started playing in the third period. We took many stupid penalties and it cost the game. Sweden played great team game, thats why they always succeed without having the best players. They play like a true team and with their skill it is enough to win these preliminary games. Interesting to see how they play when it is time for the playoffs.
Thanks for the run down, I heard Kakko had a damn strong game, wonder if this tournament can swing Hughes from being the number one pick? anythings possible.

I know Swedens defensed is a strong group but just how strong do you think they are from what you saw last night? are they simply an ultra dangerous offensive group or will they be a tough nut to crack concerning scoring goals on them too?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad