PGT: Game 3: Canada 14 - Denmark 0

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I am also embarrased by the 14 goals. There is a time to stop, and it was before hitting double digits. I get the goal differential thing but try and show some respect to your opponent. Bad karma and bad habits coming for team Canada.

I love how you repeatedly say this yet your conclusion would lead to a completely absurd result - making fun of Denmark by avoiding playing the game for a whole period.

I'm suspicious at this point it's just complaining for the sake of it.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Maybe you should watch less competitive sports if you don’t like watching the world juniors.

The players don’t decide the rules of the tournament and they don’t decide the teams they play against. It’s not professional or good sportsmanship to play at a level that is meant to insult the opponent as you are suggesting.

Also Canada did let up. They could have scored 20-25 goals if they wanted to in that game.

so the justification of hurr durr " moar goalz" for goal differential, you don't give it weight? If we can score 20, why don't we ?

what it turns out is that we both believe that running up the score isn't sporting, we just differ on what constitutes running up the score.

as for what I should or should not watch in the future, get bent.

funruiner

Dec 20, 2018
Ontario
I still can't believe Comtois took such an insane dive on an 8-0 lead. Is this really the guy who should be wearing the "C"?

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Personally I thought this game's score was a total embarrassment to real Canadian hockey fans. Denmark's 6'7"goalie gets high sticked in the chin when the game is 7 zip and the fans boo the ref? If a team has enough skill to compete with the real contenders they shouldn't have to worry about goal differential. Show some respect to your opponent. Also give up the Canada deserve every gold metal. There are other countries with great hockey programs in this day and age. As a Canadian I want them to do well but also show some sportsmanship.
If you want Canada to show sportsmanship then maybe the federation should show common sense. At what point did you want Canada to take the foot off the pedal. At 8-0? 9-0? 10-0? Then maybe the federation should have a mercy rule. When one team goes up by a certain goal differential they should end the game.

Reactions: bobber

Jan 21, 2018
If you want Canada to show sportsmanship then maybe the federation should show common sense. At what point did you want Canada to take the foot off the pedal. At 8-0? 9-0? 10-0? Then maybe the federation should have a mercy rule. When one team goes up by a certain goal differential they should end the game.

Pays hundreds of dollars to watch a hockey game
Game ends after 5 minutes

giphy.gif

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
so the justification of hurr durr " moar goalz" for goal differential, you don't give it weight? If we can score 20, why don't we ?

what it turns out is that we both believe that running up the score isn't sporting, we just differ on what constitutes running up the score.

as for what I should or should not watch in the future, get bent.

Why the extreme condescending tone and anger?

You obviously don’t understand sports or the WJHC. Maybe if it makes you so angry you shouldn’t watch? It’s like someone who hates violence watching UFC and then complaining it’s violent.

It’s competitive sports. Where standings are determined by goals scored if a tie breaker is needed. I’m not sure why you have such an issue with posters who understand that.

ovythegiraffe

Nov 26, 2018
I understand it sucks to lose 14-0 but what are they supposed to do, just circle the puck around without taking a shot for half the game? That's even more humiliating to the losing team imo. And Canada had 12 shots on goal in the last period which is pretty basic, the goalies just happened to let half of them through. Denmark will get over it, they knew they were gonna lose by like 8 goals at least anyway

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
That was not entertaining at all

We had a drinking game whereby every time Canada scored, we had to do a shot. If the Danes scored you had to do 3 shots. Suffice to say, i have a massive hangover and not feeling good at all. I also forefeighted when the score was 10-0.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Okay Stegall. You are the man. Little off course but that's fine. Jet's fan? Okay. Exciting hockey. Most of these kids probably won't make pro so it's a treat for them to say they played for Canada.
most if not all will be pro, whether its NHL, AHL. KHL or some other European league. I worked with a couple of guys that made a living playing in Italy well into their 30's

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I enjoyed this whooping as I have every other Canada team blowout over the years. Around the 10th goal they eased up but the danes literally gave up after the 2nd goal, with that mentality they deserver the lashing they got.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Canada could've put up 20 if they wanted to. You could tell they let their foot off the gas, but Denmarks goaltending was horrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad