PGT: Game 3: Canada 14 - Denmark 0

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Ugh stupid crap like this should be ignored but I just cannot help it.

1. I am talking ALL of hockey, both recent and historically in term.

2. No Canadian is thinking the tournament is won because they beat Denmark, no matter how badly you want it to be true to push your ridiculous narrative.

3. You choose "who dominated the last decade of the WJHC"

Ok, I'm going to look at 2009- 2018 for Canada(I can see why you would want to keep out the previous 4 straight years of Gold for Canada but whatever, that is what someone like you needs to do):

Gold: 2009;2015,2018

Silver: 2010;2011; 2017

In the Gold medal game over half the years, and won it 3 times, in a period coming off winning it the previous 4 years in a row.

Sweden has been in it 6 times in that period, 1 gold, 5 silver, lost to Canada twice and never beat them.

Not sure who you think is "dominating".

If I was you I'd probably hate Canada too, but don't pretend you give two squirts about the feelings of these kids from Denmark.
Really you're taking in all of hockey?

Well who cares. It's utterly irrelevant. The junior team has little in common with the stacked NHL pros.

The most dominant team this decade with mcdavid what happened to the captain Curtis Lazar?

Canada has been average in world juniors. Get over it.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Now they barely beat little old Switzerland.
Just as i said a page earlier.

Blow someone out.............................Canada are classless meanies. Beat Switzerland by a goal.......................Canada sucks now.

Canada, the one team all the fans from everywhere love to hate.

Your post here is so original, wow!! could never have seen it coming.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
This is just so rich listening to the people talk about us having no class. we literally did indeed let up and they still couldn't stop simple plays from going in the net, what was Canada supposed to do anyway? play like pee-wee players and intentionally stop making plays on purpose and start letting the danes score goals with our goalie bailing from the net in order to show "sportsmanship"?Doing something like that would be show9ng DISRESPECT and Canada doesn't do that. I can contrast that with the antics of a few countries i won't name that if they were still scoring goals in the teens they would be carrying on like bufoons acting like it was a gold medal winning goal, I've seen it many times in the past, they don't give a damn about running up the score, they actually enjoy it, it makes them feel good about themselves. Even on the silly goals that the danes should never have let it yet did due to basically giving up long ago you didnt see our players jumping into the glass and acting like morons, they just skated with their heads down gave each player a few gentle pats on the helmet and then straight to the bench......................zero arrogant attitude.

But you can't win when you are Canada, these same people from all over that are here with only the express interest in needling us any way they can would be the same guys who would be the first here taunting us if say the game ended 5-2 Canada or god forbid a shootout loss or something. Then they would be here with the usual........."haha,Canada not so good, can't even beat Denmark by big score.

We just can't win, no matter what we do.

Every ****ing year on this site, the same clowns doing the same trolling............................and nothing is ever done about it, and I won't say why nothing is done about it but I know why nothing is done about it.

But **** them all........................we played well, the Danes didn't, and the score was 100% justified and we don't have a single thing to be ashamed about.

It's really hard to listen to some of these clowns at international tournaments every year.
When you spend just a small amount of time here, you just know these things.

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
Just as i said a page earlier.

Blow someone out.............................Canada are classless meanies. Beat Switzerland by a goal.......................Canada sucks now.

Canada, the one team all the fans from everywhere love to hate.

Your post here is so original, wow!! could never have seen it coming.

Got cocky because they blew out a weaker team and barely got by a weak team.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Got cocky because they blew out a weaker team and barely got by a weak team.
No, the Swiss played well....................they are very capable of doing that, this isn't the 1970's anymore.

I should think they have earned a little bit of respect these days but it seems not all want to give them much if any at all.

I know I said on the 2nd page of the gdt that I sure as hell respected them and expected a tough game. The Swiss are no easy out. Good f***ing hockey program and players over there.

Reactions: dood

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
No, the Swiss played well....................they are very capable of doing that, this isn't the 1970's anymore.

I should think they have earned a little bit of respect these days but it seems not all want to give them much if any at all.

I know I said on the 2nd page of the gdt that I sure as hell respected them and expected a tough game. The Swiss are no easy out. Good ****ing hockey program and players over there.

Canada has state of the art hockey academies, spring & summer hockey schools, 3on3 programs, major midget & junior programs, and rich hockey culture... this shouldn't even be close.

Canada also has more than 4 times the population of Switzerland....

Last edited:

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
The Swiss are not weak. They have an excellent program. Try again.

Doesn't matter when Canada has almost 4.5 times larger population with state of the art hockey academies and rich hockey culture. No excuses, we should've blown them out.

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
Doesn't matter when Canada has almost 4.5 times larger population with state of the art hockey academies and rich hockey culture. No excuses, we should've blown them out.

No, we shouldn’t have. The Swiss always play Canada tough. Nobody should be surprised it was close. They are the team I fear the most that are not a traditional power. Very under rated hockey country

Reactions: dood

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
The Swiss played us well. Full credit to them. We have the scoring, but it was as apparent today.

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
No, we shouldn’t have. The Swiss always play Canada tough. Nobody should be surprised it was close. They are the team I fear the most that are not a traditional power. Very under rated hockey country

Real generic response with no real substance.

Don't forget; 4.5x population with the richest hockey culture in the world. We barely beat Swiss.

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.
I didn't see this game, but it had to be similar to a pack of jackals ripping apart the carcass of a dead wildebeest! A feeding frenzy that drove the Canadian fans wild with lust and bravado!
The last time there was a 14-0 score at the WJC...
GDT: - Group A • Dec. 29 • Latvia 0, Russia 14

Yakushev72 said:
You can't tell a team to turn off the switch, abandon intensity, and stop trying hard - it might be hard to turn the switch on again later. You have to try to score every trip up the ice.

Last edited:

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC

Historically, these blowout games are not an Anomaly. The past few tournament more so.

Nevertheless, historically the 9 and 10 seeds are the ones Likely to get blasted. Replacing them with more competitive teams wouldn’t hurt the tournament.

Canada 16-0 Latvia
USA 12-1 Latvia
Sweden 10-1 Czech Rep.
Finland 10-1 Austria

Canada 10-1 Norway

Russia 14-0 Latvia
USA 11-2 Denmark
Canada 10-2 Denmark
Finland 10-0 Denmark
USA 12-0 Latvia

No 10 goal games
Germany did lose 9-0, 8-0, 9-3

Russia 11-0 Norway
Sweden 10-0 Norway
Germany did lose 8-0, 9-2

No 10 goal games one 8-0, and 7-0
Very competitive tournament score wise

USA 10-1 Switzerland

Canada 10-2 Latvia (also 9-0, 7-0 loses)

Denmark lost 9-0 and 8-0

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Their strenght is their defense, I am not impressed with their offense (forwards). Everything is possible, I guess.

Alot of kids grow up wanting to be a Defenseman in Sweden cause of the Legenday Lidstrom & now even more cause of Karlsson & Hedman. Opposite of how Finland their best all time player is Selanne (whom alot of his numbers happened during the trap/deadpuck era as opposed to the high scoring era Kurri played in).

Reactions: Fred McCarthy

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Historically, these blowout games are not an Anomaly. The past few tournament more so.

Nevertheless, historically the 9 and 10 seeds are the ones Likely to get blasted. Replacing them with more competitive teams wouldn’t hurt the tournament.

Canada 16-0 Latvia
USA 12-1 Latvia
Sweden 10-1 Czech Rep.
Finland 10-1 Austria

Canada 10-1 Norway

Russia 14-0 Latvia
USA 11-2 Denmark
Canada 10-2 Denmark
Finland 10-0 Denmark
USA 12-0 Latvia

No 10 goal games
Germany did lose 9-0, 8-0, 9-3

Russia 11-0 Norway
Sweden 10-0 Norway
Germany did lose 8-0, 9-2

No 10 goal games one 8-0, and 7-0
Very competitive tournament score wise

USA 10-1 Switzerland

Canada 10-2 Latvia (also 9-0, 7-0 loses)

Denmark lost 9-0 and 8-0

Interesting numbers: going by them it would appear the worst team in that time is Latvia, then Denmark & then Norway. Latvia leads the way with five double digit losses with 3 of them also being shutouts.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
The last time there was a 14-0 score at the WJC...
GDT: - Group A • Dec. 29 • Latvia 0, Russia 14

Yakushev72 said:

loL, classic Yakushev72.

why I just haven't put him on ignore yet I'm not sure, probably because I would miss times like these when he is shown how full of it he is, his blind irrational hatred of anything Canadian hockey knows no bounds, so much so that flat out lying and making things up is just another day at the office for him.

Yet another guy that for some reason is allowed so much rope here at HF.

4thlineduster

Jan 6, 2012
Real generic response with no real substance.

Don't forget; 4.5x population with the richest hockey culture in the world. We barely beat Swiss.
You keep rambling about 4.5x the population and “richest hockey culture” like that somehow guarantees the Swiss can’t compete.

The Swiss have at least one elite hockey school and have enough of a hockey population to produce 22 high end players.

The only thing your statement proves is that Canada can produce more elite teams than the Swiss.....it doesn’t necessarily mean that our, or any countries’, best 22 players are better than their best 22 players in a given birth year.

Russia has barely squeaked by Denmark these last couple years, and the Americans only beat Slovakia by a goal.....I suppose they are terrible too?

Reactions: jj cale

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
You keep rambling about 4.5x the population and “richest hockey culture” like that somehow guarantees the Swiss can’t compete.

The Swiss have at least one elite hockey school and have enough of a hockey population to produce 22 high end players.

The only thing your statement proves is that Canada can produce more elite teams than the Swiss.....it doesn’t necessarily mean that our, or any countries’, best 22 players are better than their best 22 players in a given birth year.

Russia has barely squeaked by Denmark these last couple years, and the Americans only beat Slovakia by a goal.....I suppose they are terrible too?

Some people just don't get it 4thlineduster.

They just don't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad