GDT: GAME #3: BLACKHAWKS @ LEAFS | MON 9-OCT @ 7PM | TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
So maybe Fehr and the Swede pairing is in. Carrick has good and bad nights. I like his physicality and at times he has great breakouts but other times looks like the worst player on the ice. Looks injured now but I would love to see those two swedes take the 5/6 spots when they are adjusted. Borgman is pretty much there, Rosen seems to be needing a bit more time.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Carrick likely not feeling a 100%. I hope Rosen can be a lot better than what we saw against the Rangers. He should not be playing on the PK...he didn’t do anything at all to try and move Kreider and it cost us 2 goals. His ES play was bad as well.

Hoping Borgman continues where he left off and Rosen gets to his level.

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Big game tonight, from what I remember our shutdown line was pretty bad the last time we played against Chicago.

bluumax

Mar 7, 2008
Tonight is our first real test of the season, Chicago are legit and it wouldn't surprise me if this turned into one of those "wake-up call" games.

I hope not, and i love seeing a million goals a night, but to compete we need defensively responsible hockey and its harder to send that message to players coming off two big wins.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
One thing about CHI's start and their 15 goals in 2 games is that in both starts they were playing against the other teams back ups, and that both teams were on the 2nd game of a back to back. Against PIT, Murray did come in eventually, half of the damage (5 goal first) had been done against Niemi. They do have a potent, potent offense, but playing 2 tired teams with their back ups does make a bit of a difference. Should be an interesting tilt tonight.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Just like Maple Leafs Black Hawks have 3 dangerous lines that can score and their defense is much better then our's ( 2 GA in 2 games)

Having said that Leafs can compete against any team in this team but we need to compete every single minute and need to be better in our own zone

I believe this is going to be a close contest and we are going to be pull it off

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Call me overconfident but I just know Leafs win this game. 4-2 leafs.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I am a little pissed at Babcock. He is willing to rotate Fehr and Moore but Leivo, no why play him? Martin absolutely has to play all 82 games. Gimme a break.

Yeah, I don't understand the love for Martin.

Chicago isn't a team that is going to bully us or try to scare the Leafs. They like to play best on best hockey...there is no need for Martin in this game.

Having Leivo on that "fourth" line with Brown gives us four scary lines. Put Martin in there and it looks like every other 4th line in the league.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Getting Forsberg instead of Crawford is an insult.

What? I'll gladly take the back up.

There are three reasons to choose Forsberg over Crawford for this game:

1) Leafs have destroyed each team's #1 goalie and gotten to their backup as well.
2) Montreal has 3 goals in 3 game (and only one of the is on ES, LOL) so either goalie would work against them
3) Crawford is from Montreal

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
That blown lead early in the season might be the second best thing to happen in the season so far. We win, scoring a ton of goals and get a cautionary tale in the process. Expect to see a tighter game for sure tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad