Crawford

$

(credit to @Max Money)

EZdgzNy.gif

Last edited:

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I believe this is going to be a close contest - it's a good test for both team, hopefully Leafs are going to prevail

Go Leafs Go

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
TSN broadcast. Nice, those are always better. Miller and Ferraro on the call this year again I assume?

Finally I get some use out of my Gamecentre Live sub, first regional game.

Reactions: TorMapleJays

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Definitely go with Borgman in the lineup. Not sure about Moore or Fehr though?

I agree. Definitely Borgman. He is our best bottom pairing option right now.

I'd leave Moore in. Had a pretty good game for us against the Rangers. Did very well on the face offs and scored a goal.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
TSN broadcast. Nice, those are always better. Miller and Ferraro on the call this year again I assume?

Finally I get some use out of my Gamecentre Live sub, first regional game.

Yes finally get a break from Romanuk mostly and rather hear Miller with Ferraro/McLennan for a change.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
We're going up against a good team who are playing really well and have the fire power to go toe to toe with us if this turns into a track meet

Its going to be a good test of exactly where we are right now, I'm hopeful were going to pick it up defensively

GO LEAFS GO

Keato

Apr 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Perhaps I was just less busy, but last year I felt like I was able to catch more games. This year I won't be able to watch one until this Saturday, owing to Thanksgiving and prior engagements.

Need to be on their game defensively tomorrow, as Chicago has already shown they can score in bunches as well. Hopefully I get to come home full of turkey to another W!

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Which goalie will be chased from the net? Both? Or will it be a 1-0 shootout win for someone? Either way it should be an entertaining game. I still want teams to leave Toronto shell shocked.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Always feels like whenever we expect one of those crazy high scoring games, it ends up a 1-0 or 2-1 game. I doubt that happens and I expect 8-9 goals total but I really hope Babcock can tighten the screws a bit here because the D has been atrocious through the first 2. Nobody around the league ever questioned the offense, we all know its elite. The blue line is what'll make or break this team.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
please dont get swallowed alive by a train of defensive mistakes.

I am all for seeing a high scoring game, i just hope its both teams scoring. We will get absolutely burned if we play anywhere close to how we played against the Rangers though

Reactions: carko32

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
fehr and moore are pretty close players, if its close just like borgman, its almost good to play the one with more size and fehr just covers the ice better hes a pretty big guy

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Lines at Sunday's Leafs practice:
Forwards

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Komarov
van Riemsdyk-Bozak-Marner
Martin-Moore-Brown
Leivo, Fehr
Defence
Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Rosen-Borgman
Polak
Goalies
Andersen
McElhinney

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
If we need someone to play "heavy" then it has to be Fehr.

The Leafs received some nice complements from Lundqvist during his post-game scrum:

I love Hank. The little cheer for him and the glove holding up the puck was too hilarious.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Definitely Borgman and Fehr. Our PK sucked last game. We don't really need Moore for anything yet.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Leafs and Blackhawks meet with similar goals

Fans can expect fireworks when the Hawks face the Leafs at the ACC Monday night, with 30 goals combined just two games into the campaign.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2017/10/08/leafs-and-blackhawks-meet-with-similar-goals.html

By Kevin McGranSports Reporter
Sun., Oct. 8, 2017

It’s a testament to how far the Maple Leafs have come that they can be compared favourably to the Chicago Blackhawks, who have won the Stanley Cup three times in the Patrick Kane/Jonathan Toews era.
But there they are, a pair of Original Six teams, about to meet Monday night in a battle for first place overall in the NHL standings. Okay, it’s only game three, but:
  • Both teams are 2-0-0.
They’ve each scored 15 goals.
  • They’re both motivated by losing in the first round of the playoffs last spring.
“Obviously, the difference between us and them is, they’ve only given up two,” Leafs coach Mike Babcock said after a half-hour practice Sunday at the MasterCard Centre.
While Babcock might have been taking a shot at his own team’s defensive failings in the second period of Saturday night’s 8-5 win over the New York Rangers, he doesn’t sound too worried — yet.
“Teams aren’t in tune quite yet defensively, so you make mistakes and teams score,” said Babcock. “Things are going to tighten up. Goals are going to be hard to come by. It’s nice that you can score goals, but you’ve got to be able to play without (the p

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Definitely Borgman and Fehr. Our PK sucked last game. We don't really need Moore for anything yet.
Personally, I think our PK gets too much cred both for last season and the first game. We tend to give up tons of shots, and often from very good spots too. It's not a good PK because Andersen is bailing us out.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Leafs notebook: Carrick needs maintenance day

Marleau and son take Thanksgiving weekend spin after 19 years in San Jose.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2017/10/08/leafs-notebook-carrick-needs-maintenance-day.html

By Kevin McGranSports Reporter
Sun., Oct. 8, 2017

Maple Leafs defenceman Connor Carrick did not participate in Sunday’s practice. Coach Mike Babcock did not give a reason, but said it wasn’t serious: “Just not doing as good today, but we think it’s fine.”
DADDY’S BOY: Veteran Patrick Marleau’s 11-year-old son Landon skated in a green jersey with the team prior to practice. “It’s always fun to go on the ice with the kids,” said Marleau, who has four sons. “If (the others) see this on TV, they’re going to be jealous, kick themselves they didn’t come.”
TALKING TURKEY: After 19 years in San Jose, Marleau got to spend Canadian Thanksgiving in Canada for a change. “The first few years in San Jose, we had a real estate agent that took care of us and would have us over for Canadian Thanksgiving,” he said. Hockey teams tend to celebrate both the American and Canadian versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad