GDT: Game 29: Columbus vs. Phoenix | 3/16 7:00 PM EDT

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
From what I've gathered, Nash has been fine. He's not the problem but Richards and Gaborik on the other hand..

They seem to miss Dubi and AA though (and Prust).

I've seen that Richards appears to be a serious Amnesty Buyout candidate over there too. Not just a fan rage candidate, but a serious one too. I guess 2013 is too late for the Richards/Nash pairing to work out?

He's playing at 85% of his abilty due to the high ankle sprain... I think he should take the time off to heal completely.. There are other players that can play 100% in his spot, even if that replacement is not as good as a healthly Cam they will be playing at 100%.. I'd like to see that Boone Jenner kid...

How critical is that 15 percent (or more) though? Cam's speed is a crucial aspect of his game. I don't think he can excel without it like a Prospal.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I've seen that Richards appears to be a serious Amnesty Buyout candidate over there too. Not just a fan rage candidate, but a serious one too. I guess 2013 is too late for the Richards/Nash pairing to work out?

Yes. Seems so. He's under contract for seven years after this one. They criticized him last reg. season (was fine postseason) as he wasn't as good as the previous two with Dallas. Now, while never fast player, he seems to have lost another step. Lazy, fumbles the puck, can't stay on he's feet and makes bad decisions with the puck, etc.

I think they will give him at least another year, then if he sucks buy him out at summer 14. They can't have him at 6.6 mil cap hit for another six years if he doesn't improve, he's not playing like top sixer there. And with age, he's likely to decline even more.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY

How critical is that 15 percent (or more) though? Cam's speed is a crucial aspect of his game. I don't think he can excel without it like a Prospal.

My entire take on the current injured Cam is based on that one Dispatch article... He said there are times he just can't do what he wants too because of the pain.. (paraphrase).. Those times could be crucial depending on the time and place...

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Yes. Seems so. He's under contract for seven years after this one. They criticized him last reg. season (was fine postseason) as he wasn't as good as the previous two with Dallas. Now, while never fast player, he seems to have lost another step. Lazy, fumbles the puck, can't stay on he's feet and makes bad decisions with the puck, etc.

I think they will give him at least another year, then if he sucks buy him out at summer 14. They can't have him at 6.6 mil cap hit for another six years if he doesn't improve, he's not playing like top sixer there. And with age, he's likely to decline even more.

Seven years with the cap-circumventing joke 2 or 3 years tacked on at the end, though. This whole lockout nonsense makes it tough to make these hard decisions like trades and buyouts on underperforming players. If they feel like they have to pull the trigger, they gotta do it. They literally cannot afford to make a mistake on Richards and that contract.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Seven years with the cap-circumventing joke 2 or 3 years tacked on at the end, though. This whole lockout nonsense makes it tough to make these hard decisions like trades and buyouts on underperforming players. If they feel like they have to pull the trigger, they gotta do it. They literally cannot afford to make a mistake on Richards and that contract.

I agree that cap-circ. deals were kind of BS but in this case it wouldn't matter; they would probably have to amnesty him anyway.

He would have gotten he's money (around 50 mil.) some other way. 6x8 or 7x7. That would still be 4 or 5 years after this season and 3 or 4 after next season; way too much at that cap hit if he doesn't bounce back.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Yup. What are they doing. I mean it's been two months since Jarmo has been here. Why hasn't he blown up this team.

Maybe because its the hottest team in the league right now?

I'm sure moves will be made, but I don't expect anything to be blown up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad