GDT: Game 29: Columbus vs. Phoenix | 3/16 7:00 PM EDT

IHeartZherdev*

You didn't miss much. I'm considering only turning in for the OT and SO.

Your question as to the standouts were and who had a bad game gives me a perfect segue to a thought I had during the game. On defense everyone, imo, had a good game; on offense they all sucked.To me that is the blessing and the curse of this team, Someone gets hurt you replace him with a clone;on the other hand there are no standouts who can carry a team. Hard to argue with the results of the last 10 games but to me this is still a team that needs some significant reshaping.

Johansen, Moore, Calvert, Atkinson Erixon...these guys are all basically in their first full NHL season. No need for them to have to "carry" a team just yet. Obviously we now some of the vets may not be long for C-bus.

I think it's just huge that most of these young guys are proving to be NHL caliber, should be nice to see them develop.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
We're number 20! :yo:

Our best hope now is for Detroit to lose, they will have played 29 games after tonight... The other teams have way to many games in hand if they win for us to catch them, unless we take two points in the next 5 or 6 games...

It's getting close though, what a run....

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Amazing we have the same number of points as the Rangers. We are now only 2 points out of 8th! We passed Dallas tonite. We are tied with Nashville. We beat them on Tuesday and we move up another notch.
Jackets vs. Nashville? Hmmmm. 1-0 in a shoot out again?

Doctor Spin

Oct 4, 2007
I'm not sure whether I'm most shocked because we are 2 points out of the playoffs or because we are 4 points back of the 3rd place in the conference or because after realignment in our new division we would be tied for a playoff spot. It's now conceivable that we may have 2 lottery picks in this draft and still make the playoffs.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
We need to spend a day practicing outlet passes. Gheez!

I agree with you big time here.

Wanna know why our forwards haven't been able to do **** the last three games? Because we can't do nice outlet passes, so we aren't exiting the zone with speed, so we barely can make it to the red line and we end up doing dump-ins with a low chance of recovery.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I too thought Moore looked good for his first game back. He and Erixon played well together. Prout and Nikitin played well enough. Maybe Aucoin will watch more games and allow the Moore-Erixon pair continue to develop.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
The D-pairs being in absolute disarray right now certainly isn't helping things.

They are a mess.... I think we could be seeing a partial transition in process... There's a lot of guys putting in time, the best will be known by the end of the season...

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I was only able to watch a tiny bit of the game tonight, though I saw all of OT and the shootout. Therefore, not much to contribute.

BUT, Bob kept the puck out of the net ALL NIGHT, through regulation and the shootout. I love it.

bittersweet we weren't able to get any non-SO goals, but thrilled with Bobrovsky of course. And Letestu was so cold-blooded in his SO attempt...

great times for Jackets fans lately

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Let's see, 1 goal in two games and ended up with 3 points. Don't see that too often.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Don't look now but the CBJ penalty kill is now FOURTH in the league. Now just shy of the elusive PP+PK > 100% mark.

(PK) 86.5% + (PP) 13.4% = 99.9%

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Got myself a nice memento at the game tonight. Great cause, great game. Whatever happens in the future, tonight was sort of unforgettable.

0d774d348eaf11e2aa5e22000a1f96ec_7.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad