GDT: Game # 29: Anaheim Ducks @ New York Rangers , 4pm PT, BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Rebuild? Bro it's been 6 fking years with no playoffs. It should take this long. We have become buffalo west.
He said rebuild. Not retool. The vets are declining and the kids aren't in their primes yet. When looking at this team where did you see the legit playoff contender? The rebuild is still ongoing. Buffalo east would be if the team was still struggling like this after 15 years. Stop exaggerating.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
I am less upset about this one than most of the previous games. Look at our lines, we were going to get handled by that team. They are a wagon and Carrick was our 2C, and that’s no disrespect to Carrick, he’s our best option there at the moment. Top line had a good game, Quick is just an animal this season. Couple iffy calls, it is what it is.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
He said rebuild. Not retool. The vets are declining and the kids aren't in their primes yet. When looking at this team where did you see the legit playoff contender? The rebuild is still ongoing. Buffalo east would be if the team was still struggling like this after 15 years. Stop exaggerating.
I only say this because I don't see no improvements..It's mainly our vets that are at fault

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I actually think the Ducks might continue playing bad hockey for a little while, like into February potentially.

I think the young guys are in a lull right now but I see the team collectively getting a 2nd wind and playing better in March and into April.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I actually think the Ducks might continue playing bad hockey for a little while, like into February potentially.

I think the young guys are in a lull right now but I see the team collectively getting a 2nd wind and playing better in March and into April.

With the influx of talent and energy from our 3 missing players I'd expect a pickup once they're back, then a lull after.

Reactions: Yemeth

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca

Nah, they'll see their shadow in February so it'll be 6 more weeks of bad hockey. We may never win another game again.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Nah, they'll see their shadow in February so it'll be 6 more weeks of bad hockey. We may never win another game again.
I think this group will pull it together haha.

I think there’s going to come a point this year where the young guys take the wheel completely, but we just aren’t there yet, and our vets don’t have much left, so we’re losing a bunch

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
They’ll still win games but I just don’t see a significant course correction coming anytime soon
I'd expect an increase in the entertainment value of the on ice produce. Zegras is still arguably our most exciting player, when he's rushing the puck up the ice butts get on the edge of the seat. Mac might already be our best forward, and JD's potential is through the roof. We'll be watching to see that progression.

At this point I think the owners should be beyond caring. This shit contributes to a poor on ice product. That costs the owners money too.
I do not one disagree one bit.

Henrique Iglesias

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Strome, Silf, and Henrique. Three guys who just don't move well enough anymore to be consistently effective. Obviously a high chance Rico and Silf are gone soon but I think that Strome contract is going to be one we regret.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
This kind of losing means there’s an issue with leadership and everyone has given up several games ago. It’s sad that Cronin has already lost the battle. See you guys at draft lottery when another team jumps us for the 1st overall and our logo is televised upside down again.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
This will be a playoff team 2 years from now. This is how it goes. They’re not quite there and they’re taking their lumps. They aren’t getting blasted like last year though. The underlying numbers aren’t embarrassing

This team has a legit chance to add Celibrini to an already great core of young players. Get excited

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
This will be a playoff team 2 years from now. This is how it goes. They’re not quite there and they’re taking their lumps. They aren’t getting blasted like last year though. The underlying numbers aren’t embarrassing

This team has a legit chance to add Celibrini to an already great core of young players. Get excited
By next year they need to flirt with playoffs. If not, its rebuild again.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
By next year they need to flirt with playoffs. If not, its rebuild again.

Bruh, it’s already a rebuild. Folks just need to realize that. We brought in more insulation this year, have dealt with injuries that make us significantly worse, but there were no significant difference makers that were brought in.

Last edited:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
There is just zero depth. They are very respectable when fully healthy but fully healthy just never happens in the NHL. Verbeek needs to find depth scoring somehow

I am less worried about the future core and more worried about this managements inability to put any type of accountability on the veterans of this team.

Just way too many examples of vets doing the bare minimum and still getting the same amount of playing time.
This is my main concern overall. We just keep sinking money into mediocre 32+ year old guys. A little scary

Reactions: Hamilton Bulldogs

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
Bruh, it’s already a rebuild. Folks just need to realize that. We brought in more insulation this year, have dealt with injuries that make us significantly worth, but there were no significant and difference makers that were brought in.
By that...i mean trade the older kids. Should we say drysdale, terry, and zegras.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I am less worried about the future core and more worried about this managements inability to put any type of accountability on the veterans of this team.

Just way too many examples of vets doing the bare minimum and still getting the same amount of playing time.
How can they, though? All the talented replacements are on the shelf. And what veterans do you think aren’t trying vs just aren’t that good/aren’t succeeding?

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Our biggest problem... Is no depth scoring.. We cant win games relying on one line all the time.. Plus you got our goalies that play inconsistent at times... Giving up shitty goals at the worst times of the games.. It happens..

Reactions: Ducks DVM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad