GDT: Game # 29: Anaheim Ducks @ New York Rangers , 4pm PT, BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
I've never been an advocate for axing Bettman, but it's obvious his old-boys network is a detriment to the sport itself and enables atrocious officiating in the first place.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Someone tell me the last time the Ducks got 6 PP’s in a row.

Like Hazy said, it’s not the penalties called against them. It’s that other teams can hack and whack and grab and embellish to their heart’s content.

The best part is like someone said, once we got the first few PP’s and the lead, everything against the Rangers was ignored (and there were some obvious ones) because that just wouldn’t be “fair” to make a team go short handed when they were down and had already had to kill a couple PP’s. Yet the Ducks don’t get that same benefit.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
We had so many chances in the first period, then the refs swallowed their whistles against us. '

Minty pinched too far down, couldn't make it back in time, and I have no idea what our forwards were doing on that 5th goal.

MCB

Jun 21, 2019
Is anyone responsible for holding the refs accountable? Asking because I honestly don't know the answer.

navyduck

Sep 26, 2011
Not sure I understand what you mean by that.
The first fine is 10k. Second is 15k if it occurred in the same same 12 month period of the first offense.

Lesson? You can destroy someone's knee for the first time in your career and only relieve a 5k fine max, depending on contract, and still play this game. Say anything wrong against a ref, 10k off the bat that only escalates.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Is anyone responsible for holding the refs accountable? Asking because I honestly don't know the answer.

Nope. I remember several years ago, former GM Murray would send in videos of missed calls to Toronto. I think that made the refs become even more biased against us.

Reactions: MCB

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
The F ing Sharks are better than the Ducks. This is seriously pathetic and I’m not sure how much longer I can hang on. Team has not fire. No passion. The vets are AWFUL. Full on sad.

Rebuild? Bro it's been 6 fking years with no playoffs. It should take this long. We have become buffalo west.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
We had so many chances in the first period, then the refs swallowed their whistles against us. '

Minty pinched too far down, couldn't make it back in time, and I have no idea what our forwards were doing on that 5th goal.
We were down 4-1 with 15 seconds left. I don’t think “pinching down too far” applies in that situation.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Final score makes the game seem worse than it was, but 70% of this lineup could disappear tomorrow and I wouldn’t notice. Only about 7 or 8 guys that I would want back next year and a good chunk of them are still on ELCs

Reactions: 20Duck

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
The first fine is 10k. Second is 15k if it occurred in the same same 12 month period of the first offense.

Lesson? You can destroy someone's knee for the first time in your career and only relieve a 5k fine max, depending on contract, and still play this game. Say anything wrong against a ref, 10k off the bat that only escalates.
Are we talking in terms of coaches or players? Coaches get fined 25k pretty much every time, such as Cronin earlier this year.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I think a big part of the lack of passion and fire is we lost Getzy too young. A warrior captain like that leaves a massive hole in the locker room.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Final score makes the game seem worse than it was, but 70% of this lineup could disappear tomorrow and I wouldn’t notice. Only about 7 or 8 guys that I would want back next year and a good chunk of them are still on ELCs

Only vets worth keeping are gudas and vatrano…. Rest don’t do anything really

Reactions: ohcomeonref
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad