GDT: Game 28 - Ottawa Senators @ San Jose Sharks - 7:00 PM

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I honestly believe Dzingel also deserves discipline for that attack on Sorensen. Those types of plays seriously have no place in the game. If you drop the gloves with a guy, you need to get clear consent to fight and make sure he drops them as well. You can't jump a guy and throw his jersey over his head and when somebody does that, the referees should have jumped in immediately. Reminds me of Nurse Vs. Polak, only difference is Dzingel is not the fighter that Nurse is.

Reactions: slocal

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Dell called Vlasic "Picks".

D'awww

Now they need an 80s sitcom "best buddies" montage. Like they share burgers on a boardwalk and Vlasic steals one of Dell's fries as Dell watches some girls walk by, ride a tandem bike through the park, Dell drives a boat with Pickles water-skiing behind and then looks back and it's just the rope & handle dangling free and he laughs. Then Dell opens the door to his apartment and there's Vlasic sitting inside to watch as the bucket of water falls off the doorframe and dumps on his head and Vlasic just gives a coy smirk and a shrug. and then Dell rushes him and pulls Vlasic's jacket over his head and mock beats him up. And the last shot is them on the ice in uniform putting their arms around each others' shoulders and fist-bumping. All to the tune of some generic, peppy 70s piano pop.

Reactions: slocal

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
Not sure if that game was us playing great, or Ottawa being in some otherworldly kind of slump, or a bit of both. Either way, this is the best game the Sharks have had all season.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
How funny would it be if it was a game against Carolina, again, that precipitated a reversal of the Sharks's fortunes?

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
SNOG announcement / interview notes

Snog 5-0 shorks
Hertl, cooch, meier x2, heed

Hey men, sorry about that. Was doing dinner and neglected to post about my lateness and my DVR catch-up. Anyway, we have a SNOG tonight. Congrats to (it seems to me, at least) first-time SNOG winner shorkie88!

SNOG 2017-12-09 shorkie88.jpg

#Date / OpponentSNOG Winner(s)Result
1Oct. 4 vs FlyersnoneFlyers 5-3
2Oct. 7 vs KingshohosaregoodKings 4-1
3 Oct. 12 vs Sabres CanadianSharks, PopaneNightscare Sharks 3-2
4Oct. 14 vs IslandersnoneIslanders 3-1
5Oct. 17 vs CanadiensnoneSharks 5-2
6Oct. 20 at DevilsnoneSharks 3-0
7Oct. 21 at IslandersnoneIslanders 5-3
8Oct. 23 at RangersnoneSharks 4-1
9Oct. 26 at BruinsnoneBruins 2-1
10Oct. 28 at SabresnoneSharks 3-2
11Oct. 30 vs Maple LeafsDrFeelgoodSharks 3-2
12Nov. 1 vs PredatorsspintheblackcircleSharks 4-1
13Nov. 4 vs DucksRockyMTNSharkSharks 2-1 SO
14Nov. 8 vs LightningAnomie2029Lightning 5-1
15Nov. 11 vs CanucksnoneSharks 5-0
16Nov. 12 at KingsstatorSharks 2-1
17Nov. 16 vs PanthersnonePanthers 2-0
18Nov. 18 vs BruinsPackShark, rangerssharks414Bruins 3-1
19Nov. 20 vs DucksnoneDucks 3-2 SO
20Nov. 22 vs CoyotesnoneSharks 3-1
21Nov. 24 at Golden KnightsnoneGolden Knights 5-4 OT
22Nov. 25 vs JetsBizzSharks 4-0
23Nov. 28 at FlyersPackSharkSharks 3-1
24Dec. 1 at PanthersMunnyroSharks 2-1
25Dec. 2 at LightningnoneLightning 5-2
26Dec. 4 at CapitalsnoneCapitals 4-1
27Dec. 7 vs HurricanesnoneSharks 5-4 OT
28Dec. 9 vs Senatorsshorkie88Sharks 5-0
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Rank2017-18 SNOG standings# of SNOGs
1.PackShark 2
T-2.Anomie2029, Bizz, CanadianSharks, DrFeelgood, hohosaregood, Munnyro, PopaneNightscare, rangerssharks414, RockyMTNShark, shorkie88, spintheblackcircle, stator 1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

-----------

Couture on TV intermission interview:

- [happy about the 1st period?] yeah, we were good, we started off really strong, kinda the opposite of last game, took it to 'em, power play created some momentum and we got a lead
- [on his goal] it starts with the D zone draw, Hertl won the draw, Brauny made a good play up the wall, I was able to chip it to Banc-er and he gave it right back to me, I know the way [Anderson] plays, he's a stand-up goalie, so anything on the ice, you can usually beat him

Vlasic on TV postgame interview:

- [on the Sharks having scored the past 9 goals in their last 2 games] yeah, the Sharks can score goals, huh? it's nice to see
- [on his goal] you just put pucks on net and good things happen, good screen and just good goal for us to go up 2-0
- [was that one of the most complete games this season?] probably, we scored 5 goals and we didn't allow one, power play and penalty kill were excellent, so I think so

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
How funny would it be if it was a game against Carolina, again, that precipitated a reversal of the Sharks's fortunes?

I actually remember it being a game against Ottawa in 15-16 where that was what happened. I think we had just come off a great performance against Detroit at home where we lost 2-1, but controlled play and looked great. The next game, we were in Ottawa, and that was when Thornton began what was one of the best seasons ever by a 36 year old. He only had one point and I think it was a goal but he was completely dominant and showed us the man we were worried was gone.

What game against Carolina are you referencing?

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Now they need an 80s sitcom "best buddies" montage. Like they share burgers on a boardwalk and Vlasic steals one of Dell's fries as Dell watches some girls walk by, ride a tandem bike through the park, Dell drives a boat with Pickles water-skiing behind and then looks back and it's just the rope & handle dangling free and he laughs. Then Dell opens the door to his apartment and there's Vlasic sitting inside to watch as the bucket of water falls off the doorframe and dumps on his head and Vlasic just gives a coy smirk and a shrug. and then Dell rushes him and pulls Vlasic's jacket over his head and mock beats him up. And the last shot is them on the ice in uniform putting their arms around each others' shoulders and fist-bumping. All to the tune of some generic, peppy 70s piano pop.

Like a Three's Company? "Empty Netters" Dell and Vlasic need to own a deli in the building they live in. We need to think of a catchphrase.

Reactions: Bleedred

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad