GDT: Game 28: Columbus at Calgary | 12/16 9PM

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
The only team not named the Sharks and Bruins to take them in regulation this season. They'll be rested and ready to go. Haven't played in 48 hours, which is an eternity for a team sitting around on the road. I'm calling 2 first period goals to get back at them for the bad puck luck from the first time we played these guys, and a 4-2 win overall.

You pretty much nailed this, good on ya:handclap:

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Wow I do........

Freaking Torts has changed this team....

John Davidson has changed this organization.....

I'm very confident but...... crap, no buts any more!!!!

Just keep winning including Korpisalo and our Monsters team!!!!!! We have depth!

Yeah, I guess Jarmo doesn't suck after all.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Poor Doug.... This old timer from 1997 (Robert) still gives Doug credit for getting this organization off the ground..... He did a lot of good for the City of Columbus..

You guys need to stop trashing Doug, he's an ok guy, a great guy if you ever met him....

I met him, talked to him occasionally, very sarcastic. Really a "blow hard" that capitalized on a hot goalie in Florida and turned one playoff run into a multi year dicktatorship. I spelled that dick tator for a reason

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
No issue pointing out things. I'd hardly call that complaining. The complaints in the GDT this year pale in comparison to past years. The GDT's were unreadable. That's why I stayed away from here.

I agree. I just find it unnecessary to complain about something that has been a strength of ours, especially when we were up 3 goals.

Jacket Junkie

Mar 26, 2006
Nationwide Areena
I think you are quoting me.....

I hope your health is ok dude.... I sold out of Buffalo last year, settled in Louisville, KY... We love it down here, bourbon and horses!!!! The Ohio River is fun too...

Hope all is well for you...
All is well, say hello to Hannah.

Every now and then I peak at Nate's FB and see you enjoying those grand kids.

Greatest things in the whole wide world.

Wish you the best and I'll never admit it, but I do miss the old days.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Me too.. what is not to love? They are not going to win every game, but it is a damn good feeling knowing that they could.

For real, I have never felt as confident in this team as I am now. The Edmonton game a few nights ago where we were down heading into the second period is a prime example. In years past, I would have said "Ok, we're gonna lose...whatever". But nope....I was thinking to myself the entire period, "Alright, I actually have some faith. We're gonna pull this one out" and sure enough they did.

Go Jackets

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
For real, I have never felt as confident in this team as I am now. The Edmonton game a few nights ago where we were down heading into the second period is a prime example. In years past, I would have said "Ok, we're gonna lose...whatever". But nope....I was thinking to myself the entire period, "Alright, I actually have some faith. We're gonna pull this one out" and sure enough they did.

Go Jackets

Haha love your avatar. :yo:

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Not only that, I can't think of a single move I'd want Jarmo to make at the trade deadline. :amazed:

This. We need to just play and keep our team in tact. Also i dont think we should give up our high end prospects in a desperate move to improve.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
When Calvert intercepted that pass on the PK, I just laughed. I was laughing when he scored. That was a work of art.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
When Calvert intercepted that pass on the PK, I just laughed. I was laughing when he scored. That was a work of art.

I was laughing because he completely blew by Gaudreau and Bill Karlsson completely blew by T.J. Brodie, for a 2 on 0.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Not only that, I can't think of a single move I'd want Jarmo to make at the trade deadline. :amazed:

I can think of a hypothetical one (and it's why I'm still active on T&R - well, aside from my usual screaming at the lunatic fringe of every Canadian fanbase for cathartic relief ;) ) - if there's a significant injury, we might want to look into picking up a replacement if our call-ups aren't ready.

...that's kind of it. :D No on-paper weaknesses right now beyond "they're the Blue Jackets, OMG SOMETHING BAD MIGHT HAPPEN :scared:", but that's not a rational basis for a trade. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad