GDT: Game 27: Avs @ Lightning|12/7, 5:30pm MT|Insert witty comment here

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't know if anybody has watched the Lightning a lot this season, but this game will show the difference in the teams overall hockey IQ.

It's either going to be a 6-0 easy win bloodbath for the Lightning scoring half of the goals on the PP or Varlamov does one of his usually Blackhawk-Thor-alien-god-mode game and we win 2-1 being outshot almost tripe.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Man how awesome would it be if Mackinnon potted 30 Goals and 80+ points this year. I'm still not convinced he finishes the season at PPG+, but the longer he goes while continuing to do so, the more it looks like a possibility.

That said, he just has to get 29 points in his last 56 games to hit the 60 point barrier on the year now. Barring a massive collapse, that much seems like a forgone conclusion. Even 70 points just requires 39 in 56, basically what his career average was before this season.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Were repeating last year guys. This next 6 game stretch will cement it. Lets just hope they improve as a young team and we send Mac to the lottery so we actually win it.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Were repeating last year guys. This next 6 game stretch will cement it. Lets just hope they improve as a young team and we send Mac to the lottery so we actually win it.

Good to know that at least some people manage to stay positive no matter what. You are an inspiration for all of us - thank you very much.

On a serious note: Anything else than a loss in regulation could be a huge confidence boost. Not expecting it but who knows ...

Last edited:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It's Dutch surname. For example Barend Cornelis Koekkoek has been very famous Dutch landscape artist in 19th Century. Maybe Slater's family has such roots :) Word koekoek means ****oo in Dutch, so origin of this surname may come from this bird.
I appreciate the history and the meaning of the name I guess, but it still looks and sounds funny. If i inherited that name from family, I probably wouldn't give it to my child LOL

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Dater says Avs are going with 7 D tonight. Siemens and Yakupov scratched.

I'm okay with Yakupov being scratched, he's been quite bad. But I don't get the 7 D thing. I'll never understand any coach ever doing it. Not only does it make an incredibly strange imbalance in lines, but in this situation it doesn't even benefit the Avs when it comes to players abilities.

We have more defenseman worthy of being scratched than we have forwards. What could his reasoning possibly be "Uhh well I've been trying to decide which two of our complete mess of hockey player's we should scratch on defense. We have Barbario, Siemens and Lindholm back there. Ya know what f*** it let's just play them all".

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I don't know if anybody has watched the Lightning a lot this season, but this game will show the difference in the teams overall hockey IQ.

It's either going to be a 6-0 easy win bloodbath for the Lightning scoring half of the goals on the PP or Varlamov does one of his usually Blackhawk-Thor-alien-god-mode game and we win 2-1 being outshot almost tripe.

I watch the lightning a lot and this is true. I'm just glad we aren't facing the same lightning team that started this season so we have somewhat of a chance. Not much of a chance but a chance. If the avs turn the puck over tonight the way they have the last few its going to be a long night for us and a very short night for Semyon. Varly has to be on god mode and even that might not be enough. Looking forward to Hedman vs Mackinnon tonight aswell.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I’m guessing Zadorov is with Barberio, since Girard can’t be with Siemens?

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
This seems like one of those surprising games that we should lose but win, because the other team is expecting an easy W.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad