GDT: Game 27: Avs @ Lightning|12/7, 5:30pm MT|Insert witty comment here

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I just meant Jost and Kerfoot are too similar and I don't see either one being a goal scorer, and if you make them your long term 2nd line solution, it probably won't work out, unless they put a true goal scorer on the line with them. I never said they are not 2nd line players, just don't see them working well together on the same line without a sniper.

People thought Stefan Elliott and Tyson Barrie were too similar, too.
Thought Barrie was expendable because of that.
Good thing we had Tyson back there, waiting...

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
At least Bednar finally put Girard back in a meaningful role on the PP. He was playing Andrighetto over him on the point of the 2nd PP unit for a few games, which made absolutely no sense. Ghetto's been bad in all areas for a while now.

Don't know why his role was ever reduced to be honest. Hopefully it's not so stupid as he holds onto the puck too long. You have to accept that, if you accept all the other great plays he makes. Forsberg was the same way. Used to drive people crazy with how long he held onto the puck and waited for openings on the PP.

Him and Jost actually both looked good on the right side wall. That could be an interesting duo to look out for on the PP in the future. Jost really protects the puck pretty well despite not being that big.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It was more playing EJ on the pp or double shifting Barrie which was leaving Girard out, both not great ideas. I liked how that pp2 moved the puck when they got the chance yesterday. It's more creative both because of Girard but also because pp1 tends to get stale doing the same thing over and over again.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It was more playing EJ on the pp or double shifting Barrie which was leaving Girard out, both not great ideas. I liked how that pp2 moved the puck when they got the chance yesterday. It's more creative both because of Girard but also because pp1 tends to get stale doing the same thing over and over again.

That was only the case a few times though, and they're both RD's not LD's like Girard. There were a few PP's in the last 2-3 games where Girard basically didn't see any time, because Ghetto was on the left point of the 2nd PP unit in his spot. Something that makes no sense whatsoever. He was thankfully moved off the point against the Lightning though.

Not coincidentally, when Girard's 2nd unit went out first on the PP and had an O zone face-off to maintain possession, the PP finally looked dangerous again like it did a while ago. He's just been used like a spare part on the PP for the last five or so games which is a total waste of his talent.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Corsi is a pretty overrated stat... there is some usefulness to it, but it really needs context. Shot generation doesn't equal possession. Not all shots are created equal. Stats are fine within context... just be careful to not overextend them.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Corsi is a pretty overrated stat... there is some usefulness to it, but it really needs context. Shot generation doesn't equal possession. Not all shots are created equal. Stats are fine within context... just be careful to not overextend them.
So true. I get very irritated when people try to argue "possession stats" when they aren't even readily available to the public.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
True, and when Makar hopefully turns into a good NHL d-man, Barrie needs to be traded for a 2nd line winger because now Avs drafting d-men and traded for Girard, they are lacking forwards. Jost obviously is not NHL ready yet.
The question is can we develop a good winger out of our young c prospects? As the time passes I want Jost to take the 2C role, but we also have Kerfoot, Compher and Kamenev, which Compher is most likely to play winger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad