GDT: Game #27: Anaheim Ducks vs Winnipeg Jets, 5pm PT, BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Ugly. I know it's early and I know we've got injuries but I'm hoping Beeker starts looking at some moves soon.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
It’s more about holding him accountable… in theory he figures it out and can play with the better talent again
If he’s trying to do what the coaches want and simply and failing, the coaches may well not feel he needs to be accountable for anything.

Most of the people using the “accountability “ thing bring up Zegras, who was benched for showboating and not following the team concept, not for failure to produce.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
And if the baby or the mother is having lingering effects from the pregnancy? Or she’s got post-partum depression? Or he just can’t shut off?

Hes not playing well, aside from the 3ish minutes per game he does, but I don’t get the vitriol and assumptions. Not saying that’s you.
Even more reason to take time off.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
We’re getting nothing from our Dmen right now from an offensive perspective as well. And team-wide our passing is just brutal, pucks constantly in skates of our guys or flat out getting picked off.

A significant reason why our d-men might not be adding offensive production is that they're killing too many penalties every night. The PK team spent 13 minutes, including killing a 5-min penalty, and are wearing them down. Minty and Vaaks don't play on the PK often; they played 0:00 tonight. Still, Gudas got an assist tonight.

Anaheim has been on the PK 114 times before tonight's game, which leads the league. We now have been on the PK 119 times. The fewest in the league belong to the Caps with only 73 PK opportunities.

We are taxing our d-men too much as well as icing our offensive talents b/c they don't usually play on the PK or wearing out our offensive talents that do play on the PK like Vatrano and Rico.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
This team is the ultimate Catch-22. They consistently don’t tie up sticks at the front of the net, but they get called for seemingly every hooking, slashing, tripping infraction and probably have PTSD from it.

Just insanely frustrating that they seem to lose games in the same way every night

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Any good team would be really hamstrung without 3 of their top players (literally saw it tonight on that Jets 5 min penalty without Connor or Scheiffele).

And even at our healthiest I’m not sure I’d call us a good team. Winning games without guys like Z, McTavish and Drysdale honestly just comes down to grit and puck luck and it seems like we never have those at the same time.

I really think the 3 of them returning won’t just make us a better team but a completely different team. Their absence is a massive hole for our roster. Not that we’ll be amazing but we’ll be cohesive.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Silfverberg and Jones both +1

Thats it for + territory.

LaCombe was the only non-negative rating from our D-corp tonight, while playing the 2nd most d-man minutes with 22:36. Looking at the stat card below, I'll take LaCombe's defensive production.

Gm 27, vs Jets.png

Jones-Rico-Silf was our best line.

I'm expecting Strome to be suspended, which would promote Rico to 2C and we re-insert Groulx at 3C.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
this team is worse to watch than last season. the rookies that were looking good at the start of the season have started to hit a wall. no depth scoring, defense can't put up points (side note, why does Minty never shoot?), and the highest paid players are trash.

Minty not shooting much is because of what you already pointed out, our rookies are hitting the wall. Drysdale's inaugural NHL season (not to be confused with his rookie season), he hit the wall around game 12 or earlier out 24 NHL games. Drysdale also looked great in the AHL prior to his call-up, winning rookie of the month, which included beating out Zegras.

This team is much worse to watch than last year at ES play, but we're also missing a lot of talent in Lundy, Drysdale, Z, and Mac right now. Last season, those were our top-9 center starters. Drysdale, otoh, we didn't have Drysdale much last year, but we're a better defensive unit this year due to the influx of talent.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Wife and I going to start to get pregnant for the first time ever this month. I’ve been slacking for months playing poker ( I’m a pro poker player) need to get serious. The ducks being this frustrating takes a toll on me that I can’t afford anymore. See you guys end of seAson. Happy holidays
Brother when it comes to family. Fk the hockey.. take care of yourself first. Family first

Reactions: ohcomeonref

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Carlsson isn't great more often than we like to admit. He makes a lot of flashy plays, but he also disappears for parts of many games, doesn’t always puck support well after the flashy plays, and is a non factor every 3-4 games. He’s only really played a couple of complete games this year IMO.
I feel like he’s had more impact than any of our veteran top players and at 18yo

Invisible also means nothing glaringly bad too?

Compared to Terry, Fowler, Killorn less mistakes is t bad for a kid

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Wife and I going to start to get pregnant for the first time ever this month. I’ve been slacking for months playing poker ( I’m a pro poker player) need to get serious. The ducks being this frustrating takes a toll on me that I can’t afford anymore. See you guys end of seAson. Happy holidays
Wrong kind of poker.

Henrique Iglesias

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Right now the two biggest problems for me are general team speed and passing execution. We rarely get separation thru the neutral zone - backcheckers always catching up to strip - and our bad passing only exacerbates that and in some ways might be caused by lack of speed.
I would agree and would also add that we do a horrible job of getting the puck to the “home plate” area in the offensive zone. We spend too much time on the perimeter without creating anything of substance offensively. I think the solutions to that are a healthier lineup and throwing pucks at the net. We need to be ok with scoring ugly goals.

Reactions: Mr Rogers

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
I feel like he’s had more impact than any of our veteran top players and at 18yo

Invisible also means nothing glaringly bad too?

Compared to Terry, Fowler, Killorn less mistakes is t bad for a kid
He makes his fair share of mistakes, especially at the blue line. That’s to be expected though, he’s a kid still trying to figure out the timing of the NHL level. I’m not frustrated with Carlsson going invisible, this is a tough league and he’s learning.

Terry and Killorn don’t get that excuse. Killorn is frustrating because he’s supposed to be a vet that brings a steady presence to a young team, but he’s making just as many mistakes if not more. Terry is frustrating because he’s just so in his head it’s like he’s trying to force plays leading to turnovers. Those two need to figure it out fast, because they are being paid to be more useful than they have been.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
At this point a move needs to be made and that might involve a veteran being shipped out. Something needs to change.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Any good team would be really hamstrung without 3 of their top players (literally saw it tonight on that Jets 5 min penalty without Connor or Scheiffele).

And even at our healthiest I’m not sure I’d call us a good team. Winning games without guys like Z, McTavish and Drysdale honestly just comes down to grit and puck luck and it seems like we never have those at the same time.

I really think the 3 of them returning won’t just make us a better team but a completely different team. Their absence is a massive hole for our roster. Not that we’ll be amazing but we’ll be cohesive.

We did get a win against the Avs without Z, Mac, and Drysdale. We got a 2-0 jump on the Jets into the 3rd, but flailed (thanks, refs, for missing the Vatrano and Gudas trips in the 3rd period). We're improving despite our losses. Adding more talent to our team will help improve our overall team talent depth as well at ES play.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
We'll you make the trade to shakeup the team. It's either that or the coach gets canned
No trade is going to make a difference, and no point in losing a trade to shakeup a team that’s still rebuilding. And Cronin ain’t going anywhere, he has earned way more rope than to get canned with all these injuries and 2/3 of his top line forgetting how to play good hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad