GDT: Game #27: Anaheim Ducks vs Winnipeg Jets, 5pm PT, BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Hazy pointing out we were on the PK for 13 minutes. I think it should have been 2 minutes less b/c the instigator penalty wasn't called for the Jets instigating the fight.

We still are inept at ES. Our Special teams showed up: PK 5/5 and PP 1/2. We currently are missing two top-6 offensive forwards in Mac and Z.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Accurate but again he's a rookie and one that is being managed in a unique way. Maybe the in and out of the lineup thing is affecting his feel for the game. That is at least a better argument for faulty hockey than "the baby!". And Carlsson sucking tonight doesn't absolve Terry of his atrocious plays for going on 2 months now.
Probably accurate. The baby thing ruined a Getzlaf season, I think the “he’s not Getzlaf” excuse is pretty stupid, because you’d expect even more effect on a the guy who’s NOT the player with a reasonable shot at the HOF.

I think that the concept that he’s either decided to quit playing or is somewhow ruined 20 games into the season, for his career, is much less defensible.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
No referee is going to call a penalty on the goalie in that situation, one thing I hate about Ahlers and Hayward the most is the crying about missed calls.
Hebert was in the intermission too. I don't want to rag on the new guy in charge too much but there are some very coachable issues plaguing this team right now.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Probably accurate. The baby thing ruined a Getzlaf season, I think the “he’s not Getzlaf” excuse is pretty stupid, because you’d expect even more effect on a the guy who’s NOT the player with a reasonable shot at the HOF.

I think that the concept that he’s either decided to quit playing or is somewhow ruined 20 games into the season, for his career, is much less defensible.
Whatever his issue is, he needs to sit and figure it out or be moved to 3rd line where he can play with other guys with issues

Cause right now he’s kinda bringing down any line he’s on

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
We’re getting nothing from our Dmen right now from an offensive perspective as well. And team-wide our passing is just brutal, pucks constantly in skates of our guys or flat out getting picked off.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Biggest issue is this team has no depth scoring and just to many rookies. Making rookie mistakes. And the vets are not leading by example.

Emerald Duck

Dec 9, 2009
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, CA
Sounds like I didn't miss much of a game

Attachments

• dumpster-man.gif
    dumpster-man.gif
    3.1 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: ohcomeonref

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca

Not saying Terry's career is ruined but whatever he's got going on right now ain't working and hasn't for a while. I'm saying he needs to be held accountable for his poor performance and sit until it gets figured out. Go get a nanny and some noise cancelling ear plugs if it truly is the baby, he gets paid enough to afford both those things. If he's injured then go to the dreaded day-to-day camp because we aren't winning games with him in the lineup regardless.

If Carlsson continues to be ineffective going into January and February then I'll likely be saying the same about him. But he gets some more leeway because again he's a teenager.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I mean the vets(highest paid) shouldn’t need the 18 year old to get their shot together

I don't go by vet status, but by talent. Right now, Carlsson is our top talent with Mac not on the ice. Z may contend being a better talent than Carlsson too.

We're lacking top-6 scoring and we're missing two of them in Mac and Z. When they return, then our ES scoring should also improve. It sucks we lost, but we looked better tonight than I thought we would. Gibby and our special teams helped us get a 2-0 lead, then the Jets woke up. It didn't help the refs swallowed their whistles when the Jets were committing penalties.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
We’re getting nothing from our Dmen right now from an offensive perspective as well. And team-wide our passing is just brutal, pucks constantly in skates of our guys or flat out getting picked off.
Our defense on any given night is

2 defensive dmen
3 rookies
And a vet that plays like a rookie, but is also broken down

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
this team is worse to watch than last season. the rookies that were looking good at the start of the season have started to hit a wall. no depth scoring, defense can't put up points (side note, why does Minty never shoot?), and the highest paid players are trash.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't go by vet status, but by talent. Right now, Carlsson is our top talent with Mac not on the ice. Z may contend being a better talent than Carlsson too.

We're lacking top-6 scoring and we're missing two of them in Mac and Z. When they return, then our ES scoring should also improve. It sucks we lost, but we looked better tonight than I thought we would. Gibby and our special teams helped us get a 2-0 lead, then the Jets woke up. It didn't help the refs swallowed their whistles when the Jets were committing penalties.
I agree, a large part of issues are missing 2 of our top forwards, and arguably our best dmen

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Terry no offense for a month and then 3 minors today. He needs to 100% sit. I literally turned the tv off when they tied it. I knew what was going to happen

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Whatever his issue is, he needs to sit and figure it out or be moved to 3rd line where he can play with other guys with issues

Cause right now he’s kinda bringing down any line he’s on
He looks tired, clumsy, physically slow, mentally slow, and stuck in his head again. I assume some of that is baby, some of it is him being him, I dunno about health, and I suspect he’s just not a great fit for what Cronin is asking him to do and that’s also messing him up (pure conjecture). He IS making 2-3 passes a game that should be goals. Killorn, Strome, and Carlsson (twice) in the last 3 games have not helped him out missing those.

I don’t know that him sitting for the island of misfit toys batch of forwards that we have to replace him with, especially with every other legit top 6 player currently not on the ice (hoping Killorn eventually returns to form), actually makes the team better though. I just don’t find myself thinking “man, I wish that was Groulx or McGinn out there with Carlsson”, if you know what I mean.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He looks tired, clumsy, physically slow, mentally slow, and stuck in his head again. I assume some of that is baby, some of it is him being him, I dunno about health, and I suspect he’s just not a great fit for what Cronin is asking him to do and that’s also messing him up (pure conjecture). He IS making 2-3 passes a game that should be goals. Killorn, Strome, and Carlsson (twice) in the last 3 games have not helped him out missing those.

I don’t know that him sitting for the island of misfit toys batch of forwards that we have to replace him with, especially with every other legit top 6 player currently not on the ice (hoping Killorn eventually returns to form), actually makes the team better though. I just don’t find myself thinking “man, I wish that was Groulx or McGinn out there with Carlsson”, if you know what I mean.
It’s more about holding him accountable… in theory he figures it out and can play with the better talent again

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Wife and I going to start to get pregnant for the first time ever this month. I’ve been slacking for months playing poker ( I’m a pro poker player) need to get serious. The ducks being this frustrating takes a toll on me that I can’t afford anymore. See you guys end of seAson. Happy holidays

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Not saying Terry's career is ruined but whatever he's got going on right now ain't working and hasn't for a while. I'm saying he needs to be held accountable for his poor performance and sit until it gets figured out. Go get a nanny and some noise cancelling ear plugs if it truly is the baby, he gets paid enough to afford both those things. If he's injured then go to the dreaded day-to-day camp because we aren't winning games with him in the lineup regardless.

If Carlsson continues to be ineffective going into January and February then I'll likely be saying the same about him. But he gets some more leeway because again he's a teenager.
And if the baby or the mother is having lingering effects from the pregnancy? Or she’s got post-partum depression? Or he just can’t shut off?

Hes not playing well, aside from the 3ish minutes per game he does, but I don’t get the vitriol and assumptions. Not saying that’s you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad