Post-Game Talk: Game 27 - 2 U's 2 K's 2 Points - BRUINS 3 Islanders 1 F

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Was a good game and the defense is starting to look very good and Bergy played a all around game defensively and offense. Will Backes get a suspension from that headbutt??? Prolly not let's hope so anyways. Going to get ready and go watch the Bruins alumni game this afternoon. Should be a fun time!!!!
headbutt? Please, helmet malfunction, any talk of headbutt is strictly fake news:nod:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This team is pretty damn good.

they are good, something I haven`t said about a Bruin team in recent years is more often than not, when I get the chance to watch this team play, I`m entertained. In a time where I`m finding myself less and less entertained by the pro game, this is refreshing and without a doubt, the number of kids in the lineup just seem to give a jolt to those vets.

Off topic a bit here but just watched the highlights from last night and 2-3 of them had Nash making some pretty nice plays, seems like he`s fitting in nicely on that line?

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
NESN showed that too. It was nice to see.
I like that stuff. :)

I wish they would show everybody high fiving Bergy after a win sometime. I like that he stands there and does that with everybody. I know he low fives Krug, I guess he has a routine with some different guys.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Was a good game and the defense is starting to look very good and Bergy played a all around game defensively and offense. Will Backes get a suspension from that headbutt??? Prolly not let's hope so anyways. Going to get ready and go watch the Bruins alumni game this afternoon. Should be a fun time!!!!

Islander's announcers said that though the Bruins play with more pace now, they still looked like a Julien team on defense. Kudos to Cassidy.

Tuukka is looking very confident. Seems to be in tune with D more so than when they were struggling. Not as many miscommunications, not getting screened by his own players as much.

What a huge difference McAvoy makes, gobbling up minutes, PK & PP. All at a high level of play. Should be interesting to see what he looks like in March. He's never had a comparable workload in terms of games and travel. I think he'll be OK.

Barzal certainly has star quality.

Last edited:

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Barzal's electric.

Debrusk is so damn impressive - talk about a kid who "gets it". Highlight of the night for him IMO was his steal behind the net and feed to Krejci standing at the top of the crease. Defensive responsibility, willingess to play a physical game, top end skills, and offensive awareness - he showed it all in a half second there. . .

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The more I watch that the more I believe that Ladd actually pulled Backes towards him and they hit heads as a result of that. Perhaps the ref had the wrong angle on it and no benefit of replays but that was a terrible call.
Yeah, it's not like Backes threw his head back first and then launched it into him. I just don't see it. :dunno:

Reactions: BMC

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Great win and this team is playing really well right now. I like the way the forwards are shaking out. Wish Bjork was a playing a little bit better as others have said, but eh'll figure it out. Heinen is really good.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Well I admit I didn't really see the seriousness of the Backes play right away if you see how pissed Ladd was he obviously took issue with what he did . He will at least get a fine , I am guessing he avoids getting a game but it is possible.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Great win and this team is playing really well right now. I like the way the forwards are shaking out. Wish Bjork was a playing a little bit better as others have said, but eh'll figure it out. Heinen is really good.

Indeed, we can't expect all of our young players to step right in and look great, hell, Heinen was sent down a few times and DeBrusk played in the ahl last season first

I think when Bjork got cleaned out it made him start to play hesitantly, once he gets the true mental speed of the game he'll be fine. I think he could be a 30/30 guy consistently in the not so far off future

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I like that stuff. :)

I wish they would show everybody high fiving Bergy after a win sometime. I like that he stands there and does that with everybody. I know he low fives Krug, I guess he has a routine with some different guys.
and Marchy gets an extra hug every game.

Reactions: sooshii

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
You could submit that game tape to the Hall of Fame for Bergeron. May have been a perfect game.
I'll settle for submitting it for the Selke again this year. But I bet they give it to Kopitar because "points."

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
Indeed, we can't expect all of our young players to step right in and look great, hell, Heinen was sent down a few times and DeBrusk played in the ahl last season first

I think when Bjork got cleaned out it made him start to play hesitantly, once he gets the true mental speed of the game he'll be fine. I think he could be a 30/30 guy consistently in the not so far off future

hence why the appropriate choice with him was a rehab stint and the decision not to a mistake. i tried to help but nobody listens.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins turn aside Islanders - The Boston Globe

Strong gesture by DeBrusk, whose dad, Louie, was a pretty good fighter in his NHL playing days. However, DeBrusk, because he initiated the bout, was tagged with 17 penalty minutes. He didn’t see the ice again until early in the third period, the shift in which he scored.

“He picked a tough character in Cizikas, too,” said veteran winger David Backes, admiring DeBrusk’s handiwork. “I am sure he grew up with his old man showing him a few things. He comes through unscathed and he sticks up for his teammate . . . that shows a lot and means a lot in this room.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad