Post-Game Talk: Game 27 - 2 U's 2 K's 2 Points - BRUINS 3 Islanders 1 F

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
As Tuukka goes, so go the Bruins. Tuukka is giving his team credit saying they blocked a lot of shots and shut them down. Says they're headed towards being an elite team. I think he's right.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
One third of the season in the books and the Bruins are in good shape. They are playing much better at home this season and survived a tough stretch of injuries.

A lot of hockey to be played but in the loser point world of the NHL it is better to be chased than chasing.

upload_2017-12-9_22-15-15.png

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
As Tuukka goes, so go the Bruins. Tuukka is giving his team credit saying they blocked a lot of shots and shut them down. Says they're headed towards being an elite team. I think he's right.
I think they need another winger to play with Krejci and another defenceman and maybe they have a chance to be elite .

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
One third of the season in the books and the Bruins are in good shape. They are playing much better at home this season and survived a tough stretch of injuries.

A lot of hockey to be played but in the loser point world of the NHL it is better to be chased than chasing.

View attachment 87287
Is the 3rd spot in the Atlantic the most realistic spot for the Bruins ro obtain ? Perhaps the Habs and Senators are their main competition to get that spot ?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Is the 3rd spot in the Atlantic the most realistic spot for the Bruins ro obtain ? Perhaps the Habs and Senators are their main competition to get that spot ?

Toronto can be caught but the Bruins need to beat them in the last 2 meetings.

Detroit is toast and Ottawa is teetering and now the Habs have lost 3 in a row. One thing seems obvious - both wild card slots will come out of the Metro

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I have a feeling the Debrusk will readily drop his gloves when the situations calls for it now that he's got his first one under his belt. There's plenty to like about this kid.

I’m sure he’s had a few conversations about that growing up.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Toronto can be caught but the Bruins need to beat them in the last 2 meetings.

Detroit is toast and Ottawa is teetering and now the Habs have lost 3 in a row. One thing seems obvious - both wild card slots will come out of the Metro

Totally agree. The B’s need to get the monkey off their backs with Toronto (and Washington) and win some games against them. This team can stand up to any team in the league right now. They’re not a Cup contender just yet, but they are a damn good team. Love what they’re doing.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

I don't know about elite, but I'm starting to see signs of this roster coming together as a team and playing hard for each other which should produce positive results in the long run.

If they can stay healthy (knock on wood), and continue to get solid goal tending, I like the direction this team is headed.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Great total team effort tonight and the kids just keep getting better, I say keep them all instead of trading for someone like Duchene who gets paid top $ and has done nothing for the Sens. Rask probably gets the SO tonight if not for the BS head butt call, man this league is so soft now, even that Tkachuck tap on the Wings player got him a game. Anyway still a great win tonight and with the habs getting run out of their own building by the Oilers that was the cherry on top and made the night even better.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Bergeron was a beast. Glad to see him get an assist on that Heinen EN goal. Probably created 3-4 "Grade A" scoring chances with his puck pursuit and defense. Gave Tavares fits. I'm obviously biased, but I honestly think he's in a league of his own when it comes to the defensive side of the game among forwards.

DeBrusk just gets it. I'm not sure why he got the instigator, but someone trucks your best player on D... scoreless game.... there's only one response IMO. He had 4 shots in like 7 minutes. Beauty goal. Doesn't have the man strength just yet. It will come though.

I like balance among these 6 D. I thought the RH/LH ratio was just silly at the beginning of the season. I don't know how you eventually incorporate McQuaid or Postma unless one of McAvoy/Carlo/Miller are injured.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Rask was great

Very strong game by Krejci

Heinen looks better every game

Kuraly was excellent

Backes till his absurd major was strong again

Reactions: BruinLVGA and PB37

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
kinda looks like they both leaned in and head butted each other.
With regards to Barzal, he did look good. I vaguely remember reading/hearing something about B's management not liking how an interview went with one of the potential draftees, and speculation was it was Barzal.

That's what I thought too.
It kinda looks like they both intended to butt helmets at the same time with Backes being more aggressive....and the refs who are usually looking for a Bruin infraction of any kind were eager to call a major penalty and game misconduct to help out the B's opponent.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
anybody notice they started with Backes on the Krejci line but swapped after a couple shifts? wish they'd try that again for a while, they looked good

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I don't know about elite, but I'm starting to see signs of this roster coming together as a team and playing hard for each other which should produce positive results in the long run.

If they can stay healthy (knock on wood), and continue to get solid goal tending, I like the direction this team is headed.
Yah I'll take 97 points they are projected and 5 or 6 seed in playoffs

BigBadBruin

Aug 21, 2002
Saskatoon
Anyone know what happened between Tavares and Marchand that set him off on the major call? Looked liked something at center ice when’s it was in the Isles end but I couldn’t really tell on the broadcast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad