GDT: Game 26: Avalanche vs Sabres | December 5, 2017 | 7 PM MT | Barbie Is Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Jost doesn't look good right now .
He hasn't look good once since the beginning of the year. Not once. Time to stop the BS and send him to the AHL where he belongs. I don't care if he spends the next 2 years down there, he's not an NHL player period.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Jost can't even touch the puck though.
Yeah well Barrie can't make a simple pass or receive a pass without fumbling it and Kerfoot wouldn't know how to make the right play if his life was dependent on it right now, just goes for the hardest play possible and turns it over.

Jost is a 19 year old kid that isn't getting any quality minutes, if this is how their going to play him, they need to send him to the minors to get some actual playing time. Instead of feeding him inconsistent minutes, where he has no chance to develop any kind of rhythm.

Reactions: Bender

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
He hasn't look good once since the beginning of the year. Not once. Time to stop the BS and send him to the AHL where he belongs. I don't care if he spends the next 2 years down there, he's not an NHL player period.
That's correct , send his Ass down .

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Did Mack really say that? I love it. Scores two goals and pissed as all hell. First thing he should do is punch Barrie square in the face when he walks in that room.
I was doing some house cleaning while overhearing the interview and I had to rewind it like three times to make sure that is what he said.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Well if this is the assessment than neither is Girard from what I've seen the past 5 games. Hell 90% of our team isn't NHL quality with they are playing at the moment if we really want to get down to the bottom line.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Avs don't have twelve forwards that look like NHLers. They might not even have nine, depending on your views on Yakupov, Andrighetto and Nieto.

If the coaches think Jost develops as well in the NHL, I have no problem keeping him up. The points will come. Not a lot of them but enough to keep him up here.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
LOL we are there already?

We were a few games ago I think as soon as we got to the bottom of the division. If you're gonna be in the bottom of any division then you're dropping a lot of points by virtue of your division opponents alone. And it is difficult to pass 2 let alone 3 teams in the Central. I'm fine with that though, the picture is clear now at least, send Jost to the AHL as others have said and Sakic needs to keep his eyes peeled for an upgrade to the coach for the sake of these guys' development. I'm not a Bylsma fan but I think he can at least teach them some offensive structure for the rest of the season or someone similar.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
We whiffed on too many of our lottery tickets.

Jost was not ready yet. Yakupov hasn't managed to finally break out. Andrighetto became terrible when not being carried by MacKinnon. Wilson is not going to put up any points. We did not get any immediate help from the Duchene trade. Varlamov is not back to his best. Mironov was not ready for the NHL. These are just some things that needed to work out for us to be a good hockey team this year. Too many misses.

There are some things to be happy about though. Compher and Kerfoot have been positive surprises. Zadorov at first looked like a miss, but he's been better lately. Both Söderberg and Comeau have been solid third liners. Toninato has looked good in a 4C role (though not everyone agrees with me on that). Girard has been promising but clearly isn't ready yet, though still in a better shape than Jost. If Nemeth can stay healthy he might have been a valuable pick-up. MacKinnon has been a beast, and Landeskog has risen above the third line.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
You know, at the end of the day this is yet another rebuilding year. The start of the season was nice but we're a far way off from being a playoff team.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Girard is most definitely ready. He's probably being stretched thin in terms of his capabilities by playing those hard top pairing minutes as much as he is.

But he's definitely an NHL player and hopefully as the season goes on he'll start adjusting on the things he needs to adjust. Even as he is with the struggles he has had of late, he's probably been our 2nd or 3rd most consistent Dman behind Zadorov and maybe EJ, though EJ had a truly terrible game tonight.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Girard should be playing #4 minutes with top PP unit. Instead they use him with top tough ES minutes and little to no PP.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Avs don't have twelve forwards that look like NHLers. They might not even have nine, depending on your views on Yakupov, Andrighetto and Nieto.

I don't think a team can afford to have more than one of Yak, Ghetto, Nieto or Wilson.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Girard should be playing #4 minutes with top PP unit. Instead they use him with top tough ES minutes and little to no PP.

I think they want someone who can shoot the puck. Barrie is our best option right now.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I think a game like tonight's really emphasizes our lack of a second line. I have really liked Sodaberg's line, but they are more of a third line. Kerfoot has put up points and at times looked like a second line player and so has Compher, but they really haven't been given much of a supporting cast and aren't good enough to carry a line yet.

I agree Jost should be sent down, I think he's had flashes of what he could be and I'd argue his effort is always there, but ultimately he isn't ready to play at this level especially with the players we have around him. I still have high hopes for him, but at this time I think it's best for his development and confidence that he plays in the A.

I also still think Rantanen has looked a bit off. Yes his points have been there, but I think that is almost solely due to MacKinnon playing like a super star.

We need Landeskog back in a big way, hopefully he can allow for us to mask more of our deficiencies and keep MacKinnons point totals well over a point per game.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I think they want someone who can shoot the puck. Barrie is our best option right now.

No hes not. All we need is that D man to pass the puck to Mackinnon. The PP should run through Mackinnon and not be reliant on Barrie's shot. If Barrie was even competent at distributing the puck on the PP he would be fine but he can barely do that without it looking like a complete chore.

Reactions: MacBradley
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad