GDT: Game 25: Sharks @ Lightning, 4pm

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
I mean the Lighting are probably the fastest team and the Sharks gotta be bottom 5 in speed. Easily the slowest 1st line in the league. New era of the NHL where everyone has young fast teams.. but the Sharks haha

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I mean the Lighting are probably the fastest team and the Sharks gotta be bottom 5 in speed. Easily the slowest 1st line in the league. New era of the NHL where everyone has young fast teams.. but the Sharks haha

I was watching the clip of when Thornton was traded to the Sharks that was posted here in another thread. I wish it was time this franchise made a move like that again. Just like the SCF, this team is slow compared to the young whipper snappers if the league.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Haha everyday I hope for this. Its so stale right now, but they keep winning and staying competitive so par the course. That and its not like the Sharks can buy at the deadline with no picks and no prospects.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
JUst left the game a bit ago.I’m glad they serve booze. Played a little drinking game, drink every time the sharks don’t drive the net and instead turn the puck over at the point leading to a lightning odd man rush or goal. Quite buzzed and I hate how badly we get exposed by fast teams.

Reactions: Friday

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
SNOG announcement / notes for 1 interview

No SNOG. Had one that was right for the Lightning's goals, but too optimistic by 1 on the Sharks' goals.

SNOGLossFail.JPG

#Date / OpponentSNOG Winner(s)Result
1Oct. 4 vs FlyersnoneFlyers 5-3
2Oct. 7 vs KingshohosaregoodKings 4-1
3 Oct. 12 vs Sabres CanadianSharks, PopaneNightscare Sharks 3-2
4Oct. 14 vs IslandersnoneIslanders 3-1
5Oct. 17 vs CanadiensnoneSharks 5-2
6Oct. 20 at DevilsnoneSharks 3-0
7Oct. 21 at IslandersnoneIslanders 5-3
8Oct. 23 at RangersnoneSharks 4-1
9Oct. 26 at BruinsnoneBruins 2-1
10Oct. 28 at SabresnoneSharks 3-2
11Oct. 30 vs Maple LeafsDrFeelgoodSharks 3-2
12Nov. 1 vs PredatorsspintheblackcircleSharks 4-1
13Nov. 4 vs DucksRockyMTNSharkSharks 2-1 SO
14Nov. 8 vs LightningAnomie2029Lightning 5-1
15Nov. 11 vs CanucksnoneSharks 5-0
16Nov. 12 at KingsstatorSharks 2-1
17Nov. 16 vs PanthersnonePanthers 2-0
18Nov. 18 vs BruinsPackShark, rangerssharks414Bruins 3-1
19Nov. 20 vs DucksnoneDucks 3-2 SO
20Nov. 22 vs CoyotesnoneSharks 3-1
21Nov. 24 at Golden KnightsnoneGolden Knights 5-4 OT
22Nov. 25 vs JetsBizzSharks 4-0
23Nov. 28 at FlyersPackSharkSharks 3-1
24Dec. 1 at PanthersMunnyroSharks 2-1
25Dec. 2 at LightningnoneLightning 5-2
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Rank2017-18 SNOG standings# of SNOGs
1.PackShark 2
T-2.Anomie2029, Bizz, CanadianSharks, DrFeelgood, hohosaregood, Munnyro, PopaneNightscare, rangerssharks414, RockyMTNShark, spintheblackcircle, stator 1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

-----

Goodrow on TV intermission interview:

- [on health] it's been a waiting game to get back, just rehabbing for the last two weeks, it was good to get around healthy enough to play, good to get back out there with the team
- [on his goal] Carpy made a great place to Reegs there, Reegs just made a nice pass off the pad and I had a nice open net
- [when you saw the play develop, were you thinking rebound?] yeah, I was thinking "please, please bounce right to me" because I know you're gonna have a wide open net, and when you see the puck coming, you're just thinking "please don't miss this, it's so wide open"

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
We were on the second half of a back to back missing two of our best players. I won't freak out but man that was disappointing.

This team isn't designed to beat a team like Tampa. Too fast, too skilled, and too much depth. Yeah, they also had other things against them like the schedule and the refs but they're losing to that team far more often than not. They just got to hope that if they pull off the miracle of miracles and actually make it to the Finals that the Bolts get knocked out earlier by a worse team somehow. This team is still what it is which is a playoff bubble team. Probably in but can be out under the right circumstances.

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
This team isn't designed to beat a team like Tampa. Too fast, too skilled, and too much depth. Yeah, they also had other things against them like the schedule and the refs but they're losing to that team far more often than not. They just got to hope that if they pull off the miracle of miracles and actually make it to the Finals that the Bolts get knocked out earlier by a worse team somehow. This team is still what it is which is a playoff bubble team. Probably in but can be out under the right circumstances.

true but injuries really hurt as they were to some of the fastest/quickest players and to one of two big point threats. need to be healthy to even have a chance against the bolts but for all those things to be against them i thought they at least did better than the first meeting.

TrappedInFullerton

Murray SMASH
Apr 19, 2006
That game was frustrating as f*** to watch and those refs can eat a ****. Two games in a row with the same refs who don't call shit in both games and are constantly in the way of the play. Sharks on second of back-to-back, injuries all over the team, having to deal with the Bolts getting lucky/ridiculous bounces and cherry picking all the while not getting penalized for all their interference in and behind the play. Watching Sharks D constantly ending up behind the play was aggravating. It's like . . . the moment a Bolt is next to you at your blue line, you should be getting in front of him, not staying next to him. They're clearly looking to catch you flatfooted. This isn't soccer offside we're dealing with.

Two games now where the best D in the league has given up 5 goals to the best offense in the league. Something stinks about that.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’m afraid this comment is gonna get me punched or cause someone to hurl objects at me, so I’m ready for it. Just not in the face? Okay?

I’m pretty disappointed with Meier. He seems like one of these really good corsi players, who just don’t put up a lot (hardly any) of points and can’t finish. Those numbers are pretty sparkling the last I looked, but the scoring and point production just hasn’t been there. I know he’s played with some really good players (sarcasm) and he doesn’t get played a whole lot of minutes. And with the (lack of) minutes he plays, maybe he’s better suited for 20 minutes a game with the Barracuda right now?

Other than that, I was at the game and it was pretty ugly. First Sharks regulation loss in Tampa, since I’ve lived here and I’ve been seeing the Sharks here since moving here before 11-12. First year was an OT loss, but I think the rest were wins, until last night.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I don't understand why many here say that the Sharks are not fast, and don't have the depth. They do have both. It's not like the Lighting's speed of depth players are any better than the Sharks, at least not on paper.

The Sharks don't have the speed and playmaking on the top line equal to the Lighting. But everything else is just as good, or better.... goalies, defense, and depth players.

Sharks have two problems that mainly hold them back... production out of the top line (but this was foreseeable prior to the season), and they cannot figure out how to use the speed they have (a problem they had last season).

One's primarily a problem of DW, while the other is a problem of PDB.

Of course, when the Sharks have the speedy line out on the ice and Dillon can only make exit passes up the board, it tends to nullify the speed, but yet all too often PDB puts out this match up.

Last edited:

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Valid points but the Sharks top 6 yesterday was Timo, Jumbo, Pavs, Ward, Juicy, Hertl, out of that group only Timo could be considered fast haha Sharks are slow.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
They're asking too much of Timo and you can see its killing his confidence... Every shift he doesn't score is weighing down on him more and more, you can tell by the look on his face when he goes back to the bench.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
They're asking too much of Timo and you can see its killing his confidence... Every shift he doesn't score is weighing down on him more and more, you can tell by the look on his face when he goes back to the bench.
Yea well that's his fault. Shit or get off the toilet.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
Out offense is so predictable and uncreative. Every forward is a playmaker in that they just dish the puck back to our D for a shot. Our cycle game results in the same game plan. So over it....

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Definitely not an excuse and it probably wouldn't have made a difference, but a total of 1 minute in pp time in two combined games in this day and age is outrageous.

Reactions: Phu

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
Out offense is so predictable and uncreative. Every forward is a playmaker in that they just dish the puck back to our D for a shot. Our cycle game results in the same game plan. So over it....

The nhl has moved on from the boring cycle game, the sharks just haven't caught on.

TrappedInFullerton

Murray SMASH
Apr 19, 2006
Definitely not an excuse and it probably wouldn't have made a difference, but a total of 1 minute in pp time in two combined games in this day and age is outrageous.

That's what I was saying. It was the same refs from the Panthers' game. They just shoved their whistles up their butts, letting the Panthers and Bolts pretty much do as they please.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Yea well that's his fault. **** or get off the toilet.
I guess, but when the offensive strategy is to cycle and wear down the D (which in itself is a form of defensive strategy), and said strategy isn't producing goals for anyone, hard to pinpoint Meier and say that he isnt pulling his weight.

Burns has one goal, pavs has 1 in 3+ weeks. At some point you have to imagine its not the players, but the system. And in reality, if the system is yielding the league's best Defense and the team is winning, you can't be too upset with players "underperforming" offensively.

Reactions: Phu

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Valid points but the Sharks top 6 yesterday was Timo, Jumbo, Pavs, Ward, Juicy, Hertl, out of that group only Timo could be considered fast haha Sharks are slow.

Hertl and Couture are adequate. Won't beat anyone with speed but can catch most guys if they really need to.
Jumbo Pavs and Ward however are glacier-slow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad